Windows 8 Updates: Preparing for the GA

win8

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 OP FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:29

Something funny: AIDA64 shows IE as 9200.16420 (Help dialogue shows 9200.16384). :D

Posted Image

And yes, it installed well and runs fine for me.

#17 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:34

That kinda minor build change doesn't say much, in fact it just shows how minor the updates are really (basically for performance etc). Seeing the size of this update though, it's at service pack levels in terms of MB it seems.

#18 Buendia

Buendia

Neowinian

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:32

When installing the cumulative update (KB2756872) I get 'Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes.'

Others are having this issue too: http://answers.micro...?tab=AllReplies

Is anyone here having this issue?

It happens on my computer too. I tried several times and every time it reverts back the update, but can't find any logs about the error because, strangely, the list
of previously installed updates has been flushed and shows as empty. Also, the Windows Update shows the most recent check for updates and updates were installed as never.

#19 Lee G.

Lee G.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 October 2012 - 13:48

It happens on my computer too. I tried several times and every time it reverts back the update, but can't find any logs about the error because, strangely, the list
of previously installed updates has been flushed and shows as empty. Also, the Windows Update shows the most recent check for updates and updates were installed as never.

I've also tried several times. I've been unable to find a solution, so I'm waiting for Microsoft to address the issue.

For me the failed updates show in the update history, and show error code 800F0922.

Posted Image

#20 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 12 October 2012 - 14:03

I installed the 160MB patch for windows server 2012 that Windows Update was showing... now the darn thing is crashing jaming and slow as heck.... what the heck did they do with this patch

awesome update MS.... now my start and wait for login screen looks like this on windows server 2012

Attached Images

• loginscreen.png