People Who Live in Glass Houses ...

Behold the Taghkanic House, presiding over a gentleman?s farm in upstate New York?s Hudson Valley, a two-hour drive from New York City. The most visible part of this largely invisible contemporary home consists of an 1,800-square-foot glass pavilion. Glass houses always raise questions of privacy. However, in this case such practical concerns are addressed so that the majority of the home's living space consists of hidden subterranean chambers.

The 8,800-square-foot home has six bedrooms, six full and three partial bathrooms. It has an asking price of either $6.75 million for 200 acres of protected property, or $8.25 million for an additional 150 acres and a three-bedroom renovated farmhouse. The listing is held by Heather Croner Real Estate and Sotheby?s International Realty.

The substructure nestled into the gently sloping hillside is 7,000 square feet and includes the bedrooms, kitchen, media room, wine cellar and a refrigerated cheese room.

more

post-37120-0-55528500-1349875966.jpg

... And how many bottles of Windex do you need ? :o

It's interesting the way that people use brand names to highlight examples - whether it's Xerox, Band-Aid, Windex or Google. It tends to be more common in the US than other countries, though the UK uses the term "to hoover" (meaning to vacuum, derived from the company Hoover) and "Google it" (in relation to web searches). If I was to pose the same question it would be "and how many bottles of window cleaner would you need?". There's nothing wrong with it, I just find it interesting from a cultural perspective.

• Like 3

it would drive me crazy to live in a house like that, i would have no time to do anything other than clean windows all day, and i would have to clean them over and over again.

It's interesting the way that people use brand names to highlight examples - whether it's Xerox, Band-Aid, Windex or Google. It tends to be more common in the US than other countries, though the UK uses the term "to hoover" (meaning to vacuum, derived from the company Hoover) and "Google it" (in relation to web searches). If I was to pose the same question it would be "and how many bottles of window cleaner would you need?". There's nothing wrong with it, I just find it interesting from a cultural perspective.

hoovering has quite a few meanings over here if you know what I mean....