Millionaire spends $65K to find love

Larry Greenfield can't understand why he hasn't met his wife. He's successful, single and he's not cheap.

In the past 12 years, the 47-year-old has spent over $65,000 dollars on matchmaking services, according to the New York Post.

Now, 250 blind dates later he's still single and he's blaming his former matchmakers.

"You pay them up front and they don't provide a service. They tell you how wonderful you are, whatever you want to hear," Greenfield told The Post.

The retired Wall Street trader seems to have approached his quest for a wife like a business acquisition. "My job right now is meeting a girl," he says in the Post's article on him, which has now gone viral.

It's not exactly a romantic notion, but then neither is paying money for a set-up. But with his laundry list of requirements for a partner, Greenfield figured matchmaking was his best bet. It wasn't.

"His problem is he's a six and he wanted tens," Maureen Tara Nelson, one of Greenfield's former matchmakers, tells Yahoo! Shine. She claims Greenfield chose his dates through her based on photos and profiles but still came back unsatisfied. "He'd say there was no chemistry, but he picked the women!" says Nelson. At press time, Greenfield hadn't responded to a request for comment.

The Post, however, does paint Greenfield as a bit too detail-oriented. In addition to a woman who's slim, Jewish, and funny, he wants a "non-alpha"?someone who isn't committed to a career.

In New York, that type of women is increasingly rare, according to Nelson.

"He thinks because he's wealthy he could get a beautiful women, but what he doesn't realize is that beautiful women in New York are also already successful."

"People who hire matchmakers for thousands of dollars generally want to avoid the vulnerability that we all face when we search for love, " says Nancy Slotkin, a matchmaker who Greenfield has reportedly set his sites on next. "Rejection is part of the process even for the best catches. High-priced matchmakers prey on people's fear of rejection and often make a lot of false promises."

more

Two Words...

The Game (By Neil Strauss)

And three more Words

Plenty of Fish...Free!

I would guarantee I could find him a woman for half that price! Heck I even found my mates women for Free! Apart from the odd beer now and again!

stop being a ***** and get out of the house. Go walk around and interact with people face to face instead of via proxy.

You don't talk to people on the streets of NYC and in his case, having that much money to blow, you don't do it in a bar either.

You don't talk to people on the streets of NYC and in his case, having that much money to blow, you don't do it in a bar either.

That reminds me of the Doc in the back to the future series...

"I will stop this now and dedicate myself to study the second most intriguing thing in universe... Women!" or so he said :D

The man is probably too fussy.

It might also be that he is too flash and this is off-putting to a lot of women.

He also may be advertising himself and wanting same.

He wants a rich woman also.

"His problem is he's a six and he wanted tens," Maureen Tara Nelson, one of Greenfield's former matchmakers, tells Yahoo! Shine.

Someone tell him to look for a six. I've found most of the so-called tens are vain and selfish.