hold phone

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

• 10,724 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:50

3 days. Called around 4PM on a Friday (closing time is 5.30), was still waiting by the time 5.30 rolls around, waited another hour in case they were still clearing the call logs after closing. It became quite clear that they just knocked off at 5.30 and left calls in the queue. I deliberately kept the call going so that it would screw up their stats as revenge for doing this. Monday morning the call was finally disconnected, I woke up late, I think that someone must have answered the call, found that I wasn't there, and hung up.

#17 AwayfromHere

AwayfromHere

Neowinian Senior

• 3,012 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z3

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:54

Something like 3 minutes? Most support calls answer on the first few rings over here lol. :/

#18 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,456 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:49

3 days. Called around 4PM on a Friday (closing time is 5.30), was still waiting by the time 5.30 rolls around, waited another hour in case they were still clearing the call logs after closing. It became quite clear that they just knocked off at 5.30 and left calls in the queue. I deliberately kept the call going so that it would screw up their stats as revenge for doing this. Monday morning the call was finally disconnected, I woke up late, I think that someone must have answered the call, found that I wasn't there, and hung up.

what company??

#19 leesmithg

leesmithg

The Major!

• 9,493 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:57

My long call(s) was with bskyb.

First time, it seemed that the number you press to go to a department, was un-mane/womaned etc.

That was 3 and a bit hours.

8 hours was the next, when I was trying to sort out why my connection slower than 64kbs-1.

I got a refund from bskyb of £50 for the cost of all my calls to them with respect to internet problems.

They took it off my bill.

sportsdirect are slow also, about 1 hours, they count you down, by saying you are customer waiting 15 down to 1.

However on a couple of occasions I got to 3 went to 5 and to 2 and went to 3 and 1 and went to 4.

I don't like waiting in ques unless it is neceassary.

#20 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

• 10,724 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:45

what company??

Actually I company I used to work for and had the displeasure of having to call in my next line of work, so at least I know that I screwed up their monthly stats.

#21 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,456 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:22

Actually I company I used to work for and had the displeasure of having to call in my next line of work, so at least I know that I screwed up their monthly stats.

LOL....

#22 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• 4,520 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:36

2:30 with Vodafail Australia.

They had a contract issue that had me getting triple billed due to the way they updated my contract, buggered it up and recreated it in the system.

Got hit for $210 worth of charges in an account that had $70 in it (just for paying my phone bill).

They issued bonus charges for late payment. I was impressed.

#23 InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Neowinian Senior

• 3,829 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:40

45mins with Virgin Media, I gave up after that.
Called later on and got through within a couple of mins.

#24 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,706 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 12 October 2012 - 21:59

1 hour, 23 minutes with AT&T.

Hung up.

Called back.

On hold for 46 minutes.

If you guys ever see me talking crap about AT&T, this right here... this barely scratches the surface of the crap they've given me over the years. I hate them with a fiery passion, going Super Saiyan x4 when someone asks me about AT&T...

#25 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,456 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:10

1 hour, 23 minutes with AT&T.

Hung up.

Called back.

On hold for 46 minutes.

If you guys ever see me talking crap about AT&T, this right here... this barely scratches the surface of the crap they've given me over the years. I hate them with a fiery passion, going Super Saiyan x4 when someone asks me about AT&T...

OMG I had an hour and fifteen minute hold time with those *******s. I hate them too...

#26 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,660 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 15 October 2012 - 17:54

Sounds like they have a support office with about 6, maybe 7 trained (or not) monkeys and a lotta problems :p