Photo

Sony reveals new PSN store

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu

moo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 23:19

They really need to graphics-accelerate this store interface, or something.

#32 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 28 December 2012 - 18:41

Besides the initial load time which is longer, I would say it performs about the same as the previous store.
I really have no issues with it, can always find what I am looking for, like yesterday I went to download The Unfinished Swan as I saw a demo was out, and found it easily.
It could definitely be laid out a bit better, but is no more crowded or mixed up than Live is. Also have to do several steps to get to anything on it as well.
So personally do not really get the dislike for it. It can no doubt be better, but it is really not that bad.

#33 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:42

I find the layout is much better than the previous store which got to be a cluttered mess there at the end. I've been able to find games much quicker and easy access to the filter only helps speed things along.

My main gripes are that I still find that checking out and actually downloading the game seems to take more time than it did previously. Also while very minor, I still hate the start-up sound of the store as just about anything else would sound better at this point.

#34 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:54

Wish there was a filter in the view downloads section.

#35 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

Posted 29 December 2012 - 16:40

Yeah that's one thing they do need to implement is some sort of categorization for your download list. Though I've now gotten in the habit of just searching for what I'm looking for through the main store and then re-downloading from there.

#36 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 29 December 2012 - 17:48

The majority of the firmware/software teams are probably focusing on the PS4 now, but that doesn't excuse the slow response to making the new store more efficient. I wouldn't be surprised if the new store is basically the grounding for the PS4 experience, but they've launched it on the PS3 so it needs to be up to scratch on it :yes: