• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 +SharpGreen

SharpGreen

Now with built-in BS detector.

• 2,378 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Posted 11 October 2012 - 22:09

Good for you for being naive enough to believe Google doesn't track your Android phone...

Not on the device itself. Maybe through the services you use. Which that's not specific to Android.

#32 myxomatosis

myxomatosis

Shrinking Universe

• 1,326 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 22:30

Enjoy your new iPhone, fanboiz

Oh I see, Apple forces you to buy an iPhone! How tragic...

#33 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 00:45

I have a Android device and while Google might not overtly track me, every time I use their services I bet they know who I am and where I'm at. It's just the nature of things.

#34 Deleted Bye

Deleted Bye

Neowinian Senior

• 3,781 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 00:48

where are these so called "ads" that are presented to all iphone users?

#35 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:49

where are these so called "ads" that are presented to all iphone users?

No idea. My guess is if you get some of the cheap money grab apps maybe?

#36 Deleted Bye

Deleted Bye

Neowinian Senior

• 3,781 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:37

No idea. My guess is if you get some of the cheap money grab apps maybe?

i have no idea either.. .never seen one ever.

#37 Sikh

Sikh

Neowin Addict!

• 3,776 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5 PA 4.4.2 / iPhone 5

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:42

I kept my Galaxy S for over two years. Still works great and runs the latest os with no problems. It is currently an mp3 player now. Got a new phone when I switched carriers.

If the device works for you, no need to upgrade really.

Wait it runs Jelly Bean without the need of ROM'ing it. You mean samsung officially is supporting most of there high end phones?

Oh wait, thats not possible.....

#38 javagreen

javagreen

Neowinian

• 1,439 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:03

Wait it runs Jelly Bean without the need of ROM'ing it. You mean samsung officially is supporting most of there high end phones?

His post was neutral at best, and you're picking on it like a typical Apple zealot?

I see you've also 'liked' Apple supporting posts above. Nothing wrong with 'liking' whatever you please, but you could've done it in a non zealot fashion, however I realize that's probably an alien concept to you.

#39 Deleted Bye

Deleted Bye

Neowinian Senior

• 3,781 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:36

His post was neutral at best, and you're picking on it like a typical Apple zealot?

I see you've also 'liked' Apple supporting posts above. Nothing wrong with 'liking' whatever you please, but you could've done it in a non zealot fashion, however I realize that's probably an alien concept to you.

just because some defends a company from flames does not mean you are a zealot I for one do defend apple ALOT against the the conman iBabies who cry everyday about apple. Here is the kicker. I hate Apple and hope they fail. Yes, you heard me right... companies that control too much market is a bad thing and are bad for the world as a whole. However, that being said, what i HATE HATE HATE worse is the Android fans who cry about EVERYTHING of apple. One regular name that does it everyday starts with the letter B and people are sick to death of hearing him whine. Its the same scenario as 10 years ago with Linux vs windows. Android is the Linux boys and widows are the apple crowd. Android people like to customize and root and hack, tweak and feel good about have a different screen then what the factory allows. Iphone crowd wants something to just work out of the box and that exactly what it does while Android DOES feel like it needs tweaking out of the box. As it stands right now, from what i see in replies, ALOT of people are really getting annoyed with the "ohh i hate apple so i cry" crowd... even people who don't like apple see their blind hate and laugh. Get over it...

#40 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,312 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:54

Is this about the location based iAds which is incredibly easy to turn off?

Don't really consider this an issue. If I have to suffer through ads then I'd rather they be about things in my location!

#41 javagreen

javagreen

Neowinian

• 1,439 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:57

just because some defends a company from flames does not mean you are a zealot I for one do defend apple ALOT against the the conman iBabies who cry everyday about apple. Here is the kicker. I hate Apple and hope they fail. Yes, you heard me right... companies that control too much market is a bad thing and are bad for the world as a whole. However, that being said, what i HATE HATE HATE worse is the Android fans who cry about EVERYTHING of apple. One regular name that does it everyday starts with the letter B and people are sick to death of hearing him whine. Its the same scenario as 10 years ago with Linux vs windows. Android is the Linux boys and widows are the apple crowd. Android people like to customize and root and hack, tweak and feel good about have a different screen then what the factory allows. Iphone crowd wants something to just work out of the box and that exactly what it does while Android DOES feel like it needs tweaking out of the box. As it stands right now, from what i see in replies, ALOT of people are really getting annoyed with the "ohh i hate apple so i cry" crowd... even people who don't like apple see their blind hate and laugh. Get over it...

I'm over it the moment I finished typing a response to that other guy. I hate zealots as much as you do, regardless of which camp they fall in. Incidentally, it so happens, that the zealots of a certain fruit company are the most logic defying and voracious I've ever seen anywhere (including real life - I own an iPhone too, and an Android phone, so I've had my fair share of 'real world interaction').

I realize you and I have different experiences with different people, and what's been a bad experience for me, may not be as bad for you - and vice versa.

#42 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• 3,103 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:56

Rabid 'fandroids'?

Say, where can I buy meself one of those 'fandroids' or do I have to make do with iSheeple stiff zombiezealots?

In London's pawnshops. :)

#43 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• 8,101 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:52

Laws really have to be put in place about tracking users and the cloud in general so something bad doesn't happen.

What? You wouldn't/didn't EXPECT this from this company? Absolutely no different than EVERYTHING Google does, but that's different, huh?

Partially why I will NEVER own anything from Apple or Google!! :angry:

#44 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,651 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:35

Is that what I said? Maybe you should read and understand what a poster says before replying.

#45 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• 3,103 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:36

I never thought you'd be in the Pawnshop business... although judging by your post qualities, I'm not really surprised :)

You are the one who is turning this into flamewar and you are judging my posts? That's a joke.

On topic:
There is no company which does not do data farming. Including our beloved Microsoft and Google. This is something end users cannot escape unless the laws are amended.