imgurGalleryDownloader

Darn, I only know Java and Python right now. :/

With time, more knowledge. You've only encountered two people who don't use Java, this program might be quite useful to other people. I used to have Java on all my machines but with all the loopholes in it, all the crap, the slow updates etc. It just wasn't safe to use anymore. Not worth the headache it might bring.

With time, more knowledge. You've only encountered two people who don't use Java, this program might be quite useful to other people. I used to have Java on all my machines but with all the loopholes in it, all the crap, the slow updates etc. It just wasn't safe to use anymore. Not worth the headache it might bring.

Understandable!

Looks pretty great overall!

Couple of comments:

• Using the imgur logo is probably a C&D risk, even if you did change the colour.
  • An auto-updater for a tool this small is probably unnecessary. Make it easily available from a central location and let people choose to upgrade if they find something that their current version doesn't do. This is especially true of a Java program, since any Linux repos that store it like the Arch AUR would automatically make updates available for you :).
  • Any chance of making the source available? I'd be a interested in taking a look under the hood, see what's what (I won't judge, honest ;)).
  • The cancel button in the update window doesn't close the window.

Possible enhancements:

• Add a subscription functionality, so that I could run the application (perhaps as a daemon/service) and let me choose galleries to subscribe to. Then when new images become available in that gallery, they'd be downloaded instantly. I don't even know if that's possible through the imgur API, but it'd be a possible enhancement if it was.
  • Is it possible to add a progress bar, and hide the console, and have a "view details" button underneath that shows the console when clicked?
  • Ability to pause/resume downloads?

Don't really take any of the above as criticism, it's a nice little application, the above were just wild thoughts I had while using it :p

Looks pretty great overall!

Couple of comments:

• Using the imgur logo is probably a C&D risk, even if you did change the colour.
  • An auto-updater for a tool this small is probably unnecessary. Make it easily available from a central location and let people choose to upgrade if they find something that their current version doesn't do. This is especially true of a Java program, since any Linux repos that store it like the Arch AUR would automatically make updates available for you :).
  • Any chance of making the source available? I'd be a interested in taking a look under the hood, see what's what (I won't judge, honest ;)).
  • The cancel button in the update window doesn't close the window.

Possible enhancements:

• Add a subscription functionality, so that I could run the application (perhaps as a daemon/service) and let me choose galleries to subscribe to. Then when new images become available in that gallery, they'd be downloaded instantly. I don't even know if that's possible through the imgur API, but it'd be a possible enhancement if it was.
  • Is it possible to add a progress bar, and hide the console, and have a "view details" button underneath that shows the console when clicked?
  • Ability to pause/resume downloads?

Don't really take any of the above as criticism, it's a nice little application, the above were just wild thoughts I had while using it :p

I'm glad you like it and thanks for your ideas!

Haha, I just used a similar to font that was similar to the imgur logo.

I just have an auto updater because its fun to have an auto updater haha and I don't want anyone to miss out on the new awesomeness

I'll make the source available once I comment it and clean it up, after midterms :(

The cancel button just stops the download once it starts, I'll make it close the window as well.

Idk how the service, and subscription would work, that might be out of my skill level

Adding a progress bar would be interesting. I think about how that would work!

Pausing and resuming downloads seems difficult, but I might be able to do it.