6NFgX.gif

WEEK 6

MY PICKS:

(Sorry for missing the last two weeks. Been busy and all that.)

Bengals @ Browns INCORRECT

Even though the Bengals folded under my Dolphins last week ( :)), the Browns still don't look like they have it together, at all. I feel bad for them, really.

Postgame: Well... I was wrong. I should feel ashamed by this one... But I have no shame. :p Congratulations Brown's on your first win! :p

Colts @ Jets INCORRECT

The Colts with Andrew Luck are coming together nicely. I still think Tannehill is a better rookie QB than Luck, but these Colts are playing with a lot of heart ever since their head coach, Chuck Pagano was diagnosed with leukemia. The Jets on the other hand are failing apart (and I love watching it) and are en route to a terrible season, and a fired Rex Ryan. It doesn't help that one of their QBs is no better than a backup, and the other is a fullback. I think you can guess which is which. ;)

Postgame: Wrong again here. What is wrong with me this week?! Honestly, who really expected this kind of turnout and that kind of gameplay by the Jets, though? Completely unexpected.

Rams @ Dolphins CORRECT

Albeit the Rams look good (finally) this season, I don't see them beating us. The Dolphins should be 4-1 right now instead of 2-3, but alas, we are not thanks to a **** poor field goal kicker. Either way, our defense is #1 in the league against the run, and the Rams have an abysmal running game. Our corner's are developing nicely and Sam Bradford will have a hard time getting anything going on offense. Now, our offense versus their defense. That is where the challenge will be met. I think we will have a very successful ground game here, but our passing game will lack. And I can almost bet you they will have Cortland Finnegan covering Brian Hartline, so that will make it even tougher. Nothing the 'Fins cannot overcome though, and will. We beat the Bengals, and the referees last week (that was a horribly called game, and was blatant the refs were calling against Miami) and we will head into our bye week 3-3 with a 23-6 win over the Rams.

Postgame: Well, I was right on a couple marks. Hartline was covered all day by Finnegan and he did absolutely nothing, but that did get Marlon Moore open for a touchdown. The Rams run game was decent with Jackson, but not enough. Our ground game was atrocious, thanks to Reggie Bush dancing around, again. That is getting annoying. The game would have been 23-6, had that obvious fumble by the Rams received not been called an incomplete reception. I wish I could find a video of that, it was in the top 5 worst calls this season. We almost lost the game because of it, but our defense held strong and we came away with the win, and are 3-3 going into the bye week. Go Fins!

Raiders @ Falcons CORRECT

Well, this one is a no-brainer. The Raiders are still trying to find their way, while the Falcons remain undefeated, and will continue to into week 7.

Postgame: This one was pretty damn close actually. I am amazed the Raiders nearly took this game, but they messed up giving the Falcons that field goal, with that timeout. Someone needs to beat these Falcons!

Chiefs @ Buccaneers CORRECT

I honestly still do not know much about either team here, so this one is a toss-up, so I am betting on the home team. Atleast one of these teams will walk away with a 2 win record after this.

Postgame: Well, my pick was right. I didn't really watch any of this game.

Lions @ Eagles INCORRECT

All I can say about the Lions, is wow. I don't know what happened between last year and this year, but they are doing really, really terrible. I can't quite figure it out either. On the other hand, the Eagles have looked pretty stellar so far this year, and are a solid team, if Vick could just hold onto the ball and make better throwing decisions. (I think I say that every season.) Eagles are my NFC team so it is nice to see them doing well, and will probably have to fight for this, but will walk away with the win in the end.

Postgame: Man, was this one a nail biter. Sadly, the Eagles lost, but it was a very good game to watch.

Cowboys @ Ravens CORRECT

Another no-brainer. Tony Romo will not hold up against the Ravens defense, after that terrible 5 interception game against the Bears. Cowboys have been on a downhill trend for a long time now (I love it) and it will continue in this game, and probably the rest of the season. The Ravens never look bad it seems. You can expect at least two interceptions in this game from Romo to the Ravens defense.

Postgame: As was discussed in the comments, Romo performed quite well, and I am surprised this game was as close as it was. I was watching the end with my sister-in-law and said "Watch, they will throw to Dez Bryant and he will drop the ball costing the Cowboy's the game." Lo and behold that is exaclty what happened. Anyone could see that coming. She was heartbroken, I laughed, and that was that. Good game, though, all around.

Bills @ Cardinals INCORRECT

*grumble grumble* The only reason the Cardinals lost to the Rams is because they had a short week and the Dolphins wore out their O-line with our 8 sacks, allowing the Rams, 5 days later, to get 9 sacks. Sorry, had to get that out of the way. Been tired of hearing about the Rams and their nine sacks in stopping the once undefeated Cardinals, when the Dolphins set them up for that. (And the Cardinals didn't beat the 'Fins, the Dolphins beat themselves.)

That being said, the Bills are doing their normal Bills' thing, falling apart. They paid Ryan Fitzpatrick a hunk of money last year, and this is usually what happens after a giant contract is signed. The player falls apart, like a curse is upon them. The Cardinals do not look good, but far better than the Bills, in their implosion.

Postgame: I am so ****ed about this one. I did not want the Bills to win. How does a Field Goal kicker smash a 61 yard field goal to tie the game, then miss a 40 some odd yard field goal to cost your team the win? HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?!" Thanks Cardinals, the one game I wanted you to win, and you couldn't do it.

Patriots @ Seahawks INCORRECT

I will say this, the Seahawks have a definite chance of winning this game for the sole reason they are playing at home, and as we all know their home stadium is the loudest in the NFL. That usually doesn't phase Tom Brady, but I think it will here. He doesn't travel that well, and this is a long, long flight. Though, I still think the Patriots will walk away with this one, only because the Seahawks offense simply cannot keep up. Marshawn Lynch will have to carry the load, and he simply cannot do it on his own. Sadly, the Patriots will snake away with a win because of that, and because they actually for once have a running game, so Brady won't be so shaken up by the noise.

Postgame: I knew I should have gone with my gut on this game, instead of my head. I am glad the Seahawks won, and man that huge touchdown to Sidney Rice, that was awesome! This has made the AFC East all tied up with every team at 3-3. (Dolphins, Patriots, Bills, Jets) And I for one, thank you, Seahawks!

Vikings @ Redskins INCORRECT

I have got to hand it to the purple machine, they are doing it, and doing it well. I am a C. Ponder fan, (after all, he was pretty stellar in college for my Seminoles :)) and he is coming into his own, albeit slowly. Plus, having a healthy Adrian Peterson helps. I am still not buying into the Robert Griffin craze. (Why do we call him RGIII anyway, why not just Robert Griffin, like every other QB.) The Redskins have a pretty poor defensive unit as well, and the Vikings defense is strong. Defense wins championships, and will win the Vikings this game.

Postgame: I didn't watch much of this game, besides the Robert Griffin highlights they like to shove down your throat. Ah well.

Giants @ 49ers CORRECT

Ignoring the fact that this game is going to be in San Fran., Eli Manning has a knack for knocking off big time teams, and is almost always an underdog. I don't know how he does it, but he will do it in this game. This is the NFC Championship rematch game from last year, and Eli, for some reason still plays with that little brother chip on his shoulder, even after two super bowl wins. No matter how good the 49ers are, I just cannot see Manning letting them get away with this game. I am boldly predicting that Eli Manning will pass for 350 to 400 yards in this game.

Postgame: My bold prediction was incorrect, but my game prediction was on the money. The Giants took advantage of the 49ers, and the 49ers looked terrible on offense. Wasn't the best game to watch, as the Giants dominated it most of the time. Great for a Giants fan I suppose, lol.

Packers @ Texans CORRECT

Yes, we all know the Texans are an unstoppable defensive machine, with the fly swatter JJ Watt and Co. But I think their reign as one of the dual undefeated teams will end here. Rodgers is just too good for their defense, even if his play has been subpar lately. The Pack's defense is as good as any in the league, and Rodger's can get outside the pocket rather quickly to avoid sacks and swatted balls. I, for one, will be happy to see the streak end for the Texans.

Postgame: As I said, Rodger's can get outside the pocket, and he did just that. Big mistake on the Texan's defense forcing him outside like that; he shines outside the pocket. Wasn't unexpected though.

Was a hard fought game, through most of the first half, but the Packer's just reigned above the Texan's throughout most of the game, and Rodger's amazing 6 TD passes (tying a franchise record) was fun to watch. The Texans were definitely out of their groove and making costly mistakes. They have another hard game next week against the Raven's, though, it looks like Ray Lewis won't be there, so that is something to look forward to for the Texan's.

Broncos @ Chargers CORRECT

Peyton Manning has been... I guess the word would be, average. Nothing stellar, nothing too horrible. Just playing like an average quarterback. Same goes for Philip Rivers of the Chargers. Odd game for Monday Night Football, and very lackluster if you ask me. (Giants v. 49ers would have been more interesting.) Honestly, both teams are evenly matched I'd say. So it is kind of a toss up, so I am putting my bet on the team I know more about.

Postgame: Wow! What a comeback. Manning, the comeback prince (soon to be king) has done it again. Sadly, for me, that ties him with Marino's comeback record of 47 games in the 4th quarter. The game started out as a ridiculous circus with bad calls all around, but worked itself out in the end to a great game. Rivers made some horrible decisions in the end, that cost them the game. And the fumbles didn't help.

Stick around after the games for a post-game wrap up! (So long as the Dolphins don't have another heart wrenching overtime loss that makes me retreat to my cave and scare my cat by yelling obscenities at the wall. :rofl: )

I haven't read most of what you posted, but had to respond to "The Pack's defense is as good as any in the league." Sorry, but no, not even close. They've improved a lot since last season, but they aren't anywhere near the caliber of the Texans, 49ers and even, surprise, surprise, the Seahawks. Statistically speaking, they're only average, ranking 14th in points, 16th against the pass, 17th against the run, and 16th in total yards. The offense is also playing mediocre (sub par compared to what they're capable of), and I've had to deal with that frustration in several fantasy leagues. I could see it becoming a shoot out as the Texans defense adopts a more conservative strategy when they have the lead, allowing the other team to methodically work their way back with the pass play. If the Packers offense continues to play as it has so far, I can't see them pulling an upset unless the Texans have a bad day all around.

My picks:

Steelers @ Titans (doh!)

Bengals @ Browns

Colts @ Jets

Rams @ Dolphins

Raiders @ Falcons

Chiefs @ Buccaneers

Lions @ Eagles

Cowboys @ Ravens

Bills @ Cardinals

Patriots @ Seahawks

Vikings @ Redskins

Giants @ 49ers

Packers @ Texans

Broncos @ Chargers

Cowboys fan here so I read that entry second. I may go back and address some of your other opinions later. So, here goes.

The Ravens never look bad? Did you watch the game last week? They scored 9 points and their run defense was simply shredded by Jamaal Charles (140 yds). Hell, the only reason they won was because KC is more than terrible and could only manage 6 points.

But, I will give you this. With Dallas' offensive line, there's good chance Romo will have an interception or two and/or a fumble or two. Romo will be running for his life once again as he has for the past few years. And, once Romo tries to compensate for other people's mistakes and shortcomings, that's when he gets into real trouble. Last year when he stopped doing that (after NYJ and DET), he had like 7 interceptions the rest of the year and finished the season 30-10. I'll take that any day of the week. Alas, the offensive line is even worse this year than in years past. Unfortunately, the Cowboys may be doomed on that fact alone. Unless, the defense can do some serious compensating as in the case of the Ravens.

Cowboys fan here so I read that entry second. I may go back and address some of your other opinions later. So, here goes.

The Ravens never look bad? Did you watch the game last week? They scored 9 points and their run defense was simply shredded by Jamaal Charles (140 yds). Hell, the only reason they won was because KC is more than terrible and could only manage 6 points.

But, I will give you this. With Dallas' offensive line, there's good chance Romo will have an interception or two and/or a fumble or two. Romo will be running for his life once again as he has for the past few years. And, once Romo tries to compensate for other people's mistakes and shortcomings, that's when he gets into real trouble. Last year when he stopped doing that (after NYJ and DET), he had like 7 interceptions the rest of the year and finished the season 30-10. I'll take that any day of the week. Alas, the offensive line is even worse this year than in years past. Unfortunately, the Cowboys may be doomed on that fact alone. Unless, the defense can do some serious compensating as in the case of the Ravens.

I saw last weeks Raven's game and I was going to mention it, but didn't because that was one game out of the season, and besides that game they have played well.

My sister-in-law is a big Dallas fan, and I despise them, but we both agree, that Romo needs to go. He is a borderline starter/backup but has had so many chances and always folds under pressure. I think it may be time the Cowboy's start looking in other directions at QB. Even when the offensive line sets up a play for him, something goes wrong on his end (when it matters.) That and well having Butterfingers Bryant doesn't help. Maybe he is a caliber quarterback, who knows, but his team surely isn't doing him any favors to make anyone think that way.

I haven't read most of what you posted, but had to respond to "The Pack's defense is as good as any in the league." Sorry, but no, not even close. They've improved a lot since last season, but they aren't anywhere near the caliber of the Texans, 49ers and even, surprise, surprise, the Seahawks. Statistically speaking, they're only average, ranking 14th in points, 16th against the pass, 17th against the run, and 16th in total yards. The offense is also playing mediocre (sub par compared to what they're capable of), and I've had to deal with that frustration in several fantasy leagues. I could see it becoming a shoot out as the Texans defense adopts a more conservative strategy when they have the lead, allowing the other team to methodically work their way back with the pass play. If the Packers offense continues to play as it has so far, I can't see them pulling an upset unless the Texans have a bad day all around.

I know what the stats and rankings are, but they don't always tell the truth. Take my Dolphin's for example: We are #1 against the run, but somewhere around 25-30 against the pass. But the way the corners and safeties are playing if you watch the games, you know they are much better than that. The Packers may not have a top ten defense, but they are still good, and have faced a tougher schedule than the Texans.

The Texans have had a walk in the park: Dolphins, Jaguars, Broncos, Titans, and Jets. The only game of those 5 that was even up to their standards was the Broncos, which was a close one. This will be the Texan's first (or second) real challenge against what normally is a good offense, followed by their next game against the Ravens. Then they go back to another incredibly easy schedule up until the Patriots game. I am not taking anything away from the Texans, their defense is monstrous. But any team would seem that way with the easiest schedule in the league, or close to it.

I saw last weeks Raven's game and I was going to mention it, but didn't because that was one game out of the season, and besides that game they have played well.

My sister-in-law is a big Dallas fan, and I despise them, but we both agree, that Romo needs to go. He is a borderline starter/backup but has had so many chances and always folds under pressure. I think it may be time the Cowboy's start looking in other directions at QB. Even when the offensive line sets up a play for him, something goes wrong on his end (when it matters.) That and well having Butterfingers Bryant doesn't help. Maybe he is a caliber quarterback, who knows, but his team surely isn't doing him any favors to make anyone think that way.

I can understand why you would say he would fold under pressure. This is a common misconception about Romo based on a single incident in a playoff game at which time he wasn't playing quarterback. However, the statistics just don't bear out this particular point against him. Neither does he win-loss record nor his TD-INT record. I've had this argument numerous times with people and am more than willing to provide statistical evidence to back up what I'm saying.

That being said, I'm not claiming Romo as the greatest QB or any such thing. He's certainly top 7 in the league right now, but he has his flaws as do others. However, you have to look at what Romo has never had that Superbowl QBs have.

A.) A good offensive line. This has never existed for him as a starter for the Cowboys and he has always been forced to make plays outside of the pocket which he is very good at doing, mind you.

B.) A good or better running back. And, let's not mention that Garrett's playcalling doesn't help this. Any QB not named Brady or Brees shouldn't be putting the ball up 40 or 50 times a game. A balanced offense where run and pass are about even has usually always been a better offense.

C.) A dominating defense. I only list this because when the first two aren't there your defense can haul you along for the ride if it's dominant and you have at least a passable offense with a game managing QB(see: '85 Bears, '00 Ravens, '02 Bucaneers).

Romo's real problem isn't that he's not good under pressure or in big games, it's his attempts to overcompensate for his teammates. When they fail he tries to do too much. This leads to fumbles and interceptions. One of the main coach's mantras in football is, everybody do your job. Well, when people don't do their job Romo tries to make up for that and the results usually aren't gonna be very good.

As I said, I've got statistics if anybody wants to get into those, but the above pretty much sums up Romo's career as a starter.

Very well stated. I could see that being a good reason for his play. As I said, I am not big on the Cowboys, so I am an outsider looking in. Maybe I will try and look smart with this the next time my sister-in-law bashes Romo instead of the rest of the team. :p

I forgot Quinn was in for the Chiefs, else I would've quickly changed my pick to the Bucs. And curse that Matt Ryan for having a mediocre game. Just cost me yet another fantasy win.

Packers v. Texans at halftime, and the Packer's offense is looking very good. And the Texans defense (up against their first challenge this season) do not.

Exciting game nonetheless and far from over. Let's see how the second half plays out.

Wowza. If the Packers played like this before, they would be undefeated and I wouldn't have benched Nelson. It's so sad... He and RG3 have as many points as my starters and I benched them both. 1-5, here I come :(

Wowza. If the Packers played like this before, they would be undefeated and I wouldn't have benched Nelson. It's so sad... He and RG3 have as many points as my starters and I benched them both. 1-5, here I come :(

Yeah, I have Nelson on my bench too... :( I started Brian Hartline over him today... Bad move >_<

Still winning though, and should move me to 4-2, and second place in my league.

6 Touchdown passes tonight for Rodger's. Put's him up there with Dan Marino, Matt Flynn (lol) and a few others for that spot. Think the record is 7, which he probably could have gotten, but no use in keeping him out there just for a record.

Good fought game. Now just have to hope the Falcons lose, and I can rest at ease knowing the Dolphins are still the only Superbowl winning undefeated team. :D

This poll is on BleacherReport.com (one of the biggest sports news outlets), that I just wanted to share.

u48mw.jpg

:D I am glad our QB is finally getting the recognition he deserves. He seems to be overlooked because he is on the Dolphins, but the guy has major, major talent, and above all, is incredibly smart. He looks like Peyton Manning 2.0 out there. Finally excited to be a Dolphins fan.

Even Jeff FIsher (Rams Head Coach) agrees.

?He?s got too much poise, too much experience in the system,? Fisher said , via Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post. ?He?s going to be a good player.?

Well, that game wraps up week 6. What a game! Manning tied Marino's record for 4th quarter comebacks, damn him! Lol. Great game.

Time to start checking next weeks schedule and numbers and making my picks.