Best Mobo for Socket 2011/x79 that supports 64gb of Ram.

Hi everyone

I hope you are all having a great Friday!

I'm looking to get a motherboard that supports 64gb of ram for my Intel i7 x79/socket 2011 cpu.

I'm not bothered about OC and mainly use my system for Photoshop, Premiere and Audio creation.

I need a solid, reliable motherboard that supports my hungry Ram needs as well as USB 3.0 and SSD.

Your help as always is golden!

I myself have a Asus Sabertooth x79, solid as ever not one issue. Currently have 32GB installed. Also supports USB 3.0.

Seconded. That's what I use on my main desktop as well, and I love it to be honest.

I had the Asus Rampage Extreme IV and nothing but problems. I am sending my second one back due to it not working at all.

I'm a bit weary of Asus:(

I had the Asus Rampage Extreme IV and nothing but problems. I am sending my second one back due to it not working at all.

I'm a bit weary of Asus:(

All my boards since the Pentium 4, have been Asus. I believe every company has their "crap" product. For me it's been Sapphire AMD video cards, on average I've RMA'ed about 6 cards.

(3) 6950's and (3) 6970's. So yeah I know what you mean when you'd be weary.

@Laughing man. Sorry to hear that. It's such a pain having to send things back when we are so reliant on our workstations.

Are there any alternatives to an Asus board?

you guys do know the Sabertooth x79 and P9X79 are basically the same right? besides heatpipes and a few extra USB headers.

Doesn't matter, its based on wants. The entry level still overclocks as good as the pro atleast from my knowledge. Don't bother with the deluxe, If you have that money, just get the P9X79 WS.

I went with the entry because I got a amazing deal for it. Also since I overclock, I don't need anything special on it to generate more interference or "noise" while overclocking.

Thanks everyone for all your feedback.

And Warboy, I'll be looking into the Asus P9x79 ws.

Thanks everyone for all your feedback.

And Warboy, I'll be looking into the Asus P9x79 ws.

I'm still curious about Asus alternatives...

Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 if your looking for alternatives.

It's not bad, But I heard the G1.ASSASSIN2 is a better choice for a x79 gigabyte board.

Plus ASUS is good for power saving features, memory overclocking, and you can even flash a P9X79 board when it doesn't have a CPU or memory.

If EVGA stopped slacking, I would recommend their boards, but their X79 boards blow. But the X58s were good.