Two New Xbox Games Arrive on Windows 8

Xbox games are rolling in to Windows 8. Today, we have two more Xbox games for you to enjoy on your PC. One of the neat things about Windows 8 is the Xbox LIVE integration. For the first time, Windows users will be able to enjoy what Xbox users have been able to enjoy for years. With leaderboards, achievements, and Xbox avatar, the entire Xbox experience now comes bundled in with Windows 8. Furthermore, users are able to play some Xbox games with others regardless of platforms; that is, users will be able to play with others a game even if one is on, say Windows 8 PC while the other is on Windows Phone.

For a while, we had several games on Xbox for Windows 8, including Microsoft Solitaire collection, Microsoft Minesweeper, Pinball FX 2, and several others. Today, we have two new games to the collection, and they are 4 Elements II (click to download), and Rocket Riot 3D (click to download). 4 Elements II, which actually arrived a couple of days ago, is an interesting match 3 puzzle game while Rocket Riot 3D is an retro style action game, similar to the popular Castle Crashers for the Xbox 360.

4%20Elements%20II.png

Rocket%20Riot%203D.png

The Windows Store is a difficult place to find these games, I admit, given the flood of games rolling in. You can find these games more easily by launching the pre-installed ?Games? app on Windows 8. Refer to the screenshot below.

Windows%20Games%20Store.png

What are your thoughts on these games? I hope to write a review on the games I find interesting. In the meantime, let me know what you think!

I think the next few years are going to be interesting with Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, the next update for the 360 and the next Xbox product all working together I think things might be nice to have all of your services in one basket.

For a while, we had several games on Xbox for Windows 8, including Microsoft Solitaire collection, Microsoft Minesweeper, Pinball FX 2, and several others. Today, we have two new games to the collection, and they are 4 Elements II (click to download), and Rocket Riot 3D (click to download). 4 Elements II, which actually arrived a couple of days ago, is an interesting match 3 puzzle game while Rocket Riot 3D is an retro style action game, similar to the popular Castle Crashers for the Xbox 360.

How do you find Microsoft Website (Windows Store preview) links for these new games ?

Microsoft is saving PC gaming! I cry tears now.

I'll cry tears the day PC Gamers stop raging like their on the rag.

I'll cry tears the day PC Gamers stop raging like their on the rag.

That day will not come, I fear, as console dumbos keep throwing cash at idiotic publishers like Activision. 2gx1g6g.jpg

That day will not come, I fear, as console dumbos keep throwing cash at idiotic publishers like Activision. 2gx1g6g.jpg

You mean like the same dumbos who also throw their cash at Activision on the PC, then crow about the superiority of the KB+M when playing FPS's?

Too bad people can't just shut up and enjoy games.

Yes, the dumbos are the same. The difference is they are far more prevalent on consoles. But I agree, they are the same idiots. Paying 10$ for 4 maps. :laugh:

Such boring games, call me when they launch Halo 4 in the app store, that will be a deal.

There are a lot more casual gamers than Hardcore ones. So, these games are not boring for many peoples, including myself. Hardcore gamers: wait patiently, as big games take longer to develop. They will come.

• Like 2

Update, the links were broken, but I fixed them now. You can get the links by using the "Share" charm from the app listing page.

thanks that worked well :)

BTW the screenshots of Rocket Riot 3D...looks like 1D :s

Rocket 3D is actually 3D when you play it. The entire 2D sidescroller gets a 3D rotation while playing. Plus, it has 3D glasses support.

Pretty sure you mean 2d as 1d would just be different with single pixel height lines you move around in