NBC Buys Tumblr-Inspired "F*ck! I'm In My Twenties"

Earlier today, we reported that CBS had purchased a comedic project based on a Tumblr blog. Following the new trend, NBC is developing its own Tumblr-inspired comedy.

nbc-buys-tumblr-inspired-f-ck-i-m-in-my-twenties.jpg

Bearing the controversial title F*ck! I'm In My Twenties, the project is based on the Tumblr blog of the same name, created by 24-year-old Emma Koenig. Chronicling a twentysomething woman's experience living in the big city, the show will reflect the dismal reality awaiting today's generation after they graduate from college or university.

Koenig will co-write the script with Jeff Lowell (Common Law), who will also executive produce alongside BermanBraun's Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun, and Gene Stein.

A college graduate herself, Koenig started the blog while working odd jobs in pursuit of her dreams in New York, auditioning for a string of web series on the side. Consisting of hand-drawn musings about the plight facing young people, her blog has spawned a book that was released in August, published by Chronicle Books and distributed at Urban Outfitters.

As noted, this is the second project based on a Tumblr blog created by a young female writer in her 20s. CBS just bought a comedy series entitled 20-Nothing, inspired by a Tumblr blog called Hollywood Assistants, so apparently this will be the next source of comedy writers.

At least the F*ck! I'm In My Twenties blog displays more creativity than just posting animated GIFs with snarky captions. What do you think of this developing trend?

http://www.tvrage.com/news/2728/nbc-buys-tumblr-inspired-f-ck-i-m-in-my-twenties