4 posts in this topic

Posted

i'm trying to use ado net entity framework 4 with visual studio 2010, but i'm having some issues. i've created a data connection to a remote sql server, and now i'm trying to create a data model, the wizard goes ok, up until the ending part when i'm presented with the following error:

Unable to generate the model because of the following exception: 'An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.)

'.

i've checked and remoting is working. i can browse the database using visual studio, but the model isn't configured. i've tried refreshing the model from database and the same problem occurs.

can anyone give some pointers on how to create the model without any issues?

thanks in advance

Posted

Make sure your SQL Server instance accepts TCP/IP connections (seems to be disabled by default in Developer Edition) - you can check the status in 'Sql Server Configuration Manager' on the left side find 'SQL Server Network Configuration' then 'Protocols for <name of instance>' make sure TCP/IP is Enabled.

Posted

tcp is enabled, i enabled as soon as i finished the instalation

Posted

the problem is now fixed. it was it the mapping process, entity framework doesn't like huge databases. so mapping a huge database is pita