Official Copy of Longhorn

Well, as WinBeta announced over the weekend, everyone would be able to get an official copy of Longhorn... although I'm not sure how true that is, I can say that anyone part of MSDN (OS and up) can call to get there copy:

Microsoft are going to release it to everyone for a nominal fee in December, that's what I've heard anyway ....

Radish?

So I'm guessing if you are a Library MSDN user, you will be unable to download Longhorn?

So the cheapest will be an Operating System MSDN user for $699 a year?

I will wait for that $10 to $20 USD cd release from MS.....

No Warez (links) & Cracks: help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.

Radish?b>

So I'm guessing if you are a Library MSDN user, you will be unable to download Longhorn?

So the cheapest will be an Operating System MSDN user for $699 a year?

I will wait for that $10 to $20 USD cd release from MS.....

or if you're like me and have a friend who subscribes to it :D

Some Academic Pricing for MSDN:

Item # Description Mfg Part # Stock Price

305201 ACAD MSDN OPERATING SYSTEMS 7.0 SUBSCRIPTION 95/98/WME/NT/W2K G71-00012 Yes $201.76

305210 ACAD MSDN PROFESSIONAL 7.0 SUBSCRIPTION 95/98/WME/NT/W2K 388-01894 Yes $583.50

305207 ACAD MSDN ENTERPRISE 7.0 95/98/WME/NT/W2K 389-00156 Yes $634.00

305204 ACAD MSDN UNIVERSAL 7.0 SUBSCRIPTION 95/98/WME/NT/W2K 534-02126 Yes $807.93

If you're a student you can get it for 200.00 US. Which gives you access to all longhorn PDC Code and any other Microsoft MSDN Operating System Release Level.

http://www.msdnaa.com

No Warez (links) & Cracks: help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.

Radish?

if you're trying to turn someone's own words back on them, it helps to know that the person actually messed up. i don't see anything in this thread that breaks the no warez/cracks rule.

Radish?b>

Dude, he isn't linking to a warez/crack. He is stating that you can get it legally from Microsoft if you are an MSDN member. Read before you say something.

"No Warez (links) & Cracks: help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.

Radish? "

Read the entire thread instead of picking keywords like "Copy" and "Longhorn":yes:s:

This post doesnt violate any rules:no:o:

omg stupid newb.... this isn't warez buddy, we're simply TALKING about longhorn. you shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly. maybe you should revise the rules a bit more!

Aside from the ranting that is going on about one guy's stupidness.....

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with LH. If MS is going to released the preview to the genereal public in Dec, as quoted by Radish, then what will the public have to look forward too. They will already have longhorn...the offical release of it wont be such a event if a preview version is being used by a good group of people...

My goodness... not like I'm going to sell copies to anyone, I'm just simply saying that if you have a sub to MSDN you can call and get a FREE legal COPY from MICROSOFT of Longhorn!

I highly doubt Microsoft is going to be upset if I tell you'll that you can go pay money to Microsoft to get a FREE copy of Longhorn... but you never know :rofl:

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with LH. If MS is going to released the preview to the genereal public in Dec, as quoted by Radish, then what will the public have to look forward too. They will already have longhorn...the offical release of it wont be such a event if a preview version is being used by a good group of people...

I think that the reason Microsoft is putting out beta versions to anyone who wants them so early is because they want to make sure that by the time it is released to the public for sale, if not all, most bugs worked out. They are using us, the "nerds" to fix their problems.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with LH.  If MS is going to released the preview to the genereal public in Dec, as quoted by Radish, then what will the public have to look forward too.  They will already have longhorn...the offical release of it wont be such a event if a preview version is being used by a good group of people...

I think that the reason Microsoft is putting out beta versions to anyone who wants them so early is because they want to make sure that by the time it is released to the public for sale, if not all, most bugs worked out. They are using us, the "nerds" to fix their problems.

Nothing wrong with that. A lot of gaming companies release public beta to help locate bugs. Think of it this way.

When Longhorn is released, we will just know that much more about it!

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with LH.? If MS is going to released the preview to the genereal public in Dec, as quoted by Radish, then what will the public have to look forward too.? They will already have longhorn...the offical release of it wont be such a event if a preview version is being used by a good group of people...

Nothing wrong with that. A lot of gaming companies release public beta to help locate bugs. Think of it this way.

Exactly... I never said there was anything wrong with it:D:D

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with LH.? If MS is going to released the preview to the genereal public in Dec, as quoted by Radish, then what will the public have to look forward too.? They will already have longhorn...the offical release of it wont be such a event if a preview version is being used by a good group of people...

Exactly... I never said there was anything wrong with it:D:D

Ok, see, I thought you were saying that Microsoft is just "using" us for their benefit. I mean, they are, but who cares? We will know more about Longhorn in the end then others will.

Oh, and it isn't a FREE copy. MSDN costs money, and you can only get the beta if you are an MSDN member.

hey Neosoft change you sig! you got that from dreams in digital!

When he tells me not to use it... I will stop, but I've contacted him about this and am awaiting a response! Mind your own business!

When he tells me not to use it... I will stop, but I've contacted him about this and am awaiting a response! Mind your own business!

You shouldn't use it until he says you can, not until you get a response saying you can/can't.