Syfy's "Defiance"

Watched the pilot last night. My only fear was that Grant Bowler would ruin it by having too much Aussie in his voice, but he did fine.

I enjoyed it, there is potential.

They only cancel good shows. :p

I dunno. Their latest lineup seems stronger than it has been in years. I mean since Stargate SG1 died and Doctor Who moved elsewhere I haven't really watched anything off them until Warehouse 13 (which I don't watch regularly but I do watch) and Haven and now I'm digging Continuum and Defiance as well.

I have to be honest, I almost stopped watching after the first 20min cause of the really really bad special effects (I mean come on, I've seen better from video games) and the slow story... that said... I'm glad I stuck it out because overall I enjoyed it. I'm not sure it'll last though :\

B-grade Saturday afternoon Sci-Fis are fun to watch. Won't look for it, but may watch every now and then. Definitely no Firefly.

B-grade Saturday afternoon Sci-Fis are fun to watch. Won't look for it, but may watch every now and then. Definitely no Firefly.

I don't think it's trying to be Firefly :/

I don't think it's trying to be Firefly :/

The writing isn't good enough for it to be. And Firefly wasn't Shakespeare. I just got the feeling it was trying to be a Firelfy for the video game generation. Maybe it'll pick up quality. But to me it really feels like a bargain bin kind of thing. But I like b-grade, maybe c-grade SciFis so it's not the worst thing on TV.

Lots of potential but the writing is not great. They have some great actors playing good interesting characters so this should be interesting if they have a plan.

I think Syfy should just plan series for 1 or 2 series with a hard date of ending. That way if it is good they can make a second series if it fails OK.

I do not think this series will last longer that 2 seasons though. It will be too costly. They are advertising the hell out of it though.

I like it and I thought the second episode was much better.

I don't like Continuum at all. The acting is horrid. Falling Skies started off WAY too slow, but since changing networks has become a great show!

I watched the first episode, but found it very underwhelming. I actually found myself WANTING to wash the dishes... LOL

I had hoped it would be as interesting as Falling Skies... I'll give Defiance a couple more episodes, but I don't see me getting into this one.

Those CG hellbugs and the hellbug queen were horrible and hilarious... BUT

I still quite enjoyed the episode and the acting, and I'm getting that "I kinda think I might want to bang an alien" feeling occasionally with Nerissa lol.

• 2 weeks later...

No cringeworthy CG in episode 4, yay! the skimpy PJ's Kenya was wearing made me do a bit of post episode googling, not too bad an episode. It's keeping it's "not too bad" standard, it still has potential to jump up to a higher rung of regard I think.

I've honestly lost interest already.

I gotta say I found myself wandering during the latest episode, think I may be done (I may return to marathon during the summer)