Neowinians Unite to End Bullying!

Not to sound mean, but where were you guys before gays were getting bullied? This has been going on for years and years and years and now you decide you want to make a difference?

I like all of a sudden gays are being bullied and now you want to do something.

NOTE: I don't agree with anybody being bullied including gay folks, but this kind of makes me angry. Where were you guys before, why now you want to stop it now?

I've always been here.... Just not ****ed off enough to want to do this... And now... I guess I am.

Best way to deal with a bully.

A right hook and left uppercut.

Bullies exist everywhere. Schools as child upon child, even teachers bully each other.

Everywhere they exist, even in charity organisations.

They need a spanking.

U know what? Most of you guys disgust me. Honestly, let's BLAME THE VICTIM because he just didn't fight back... Are you ****ing kidding me? Tell your kid that if you want... Seriously....

Just don't come looking for sympathy from me when you're burying him in the ground because he "didn't fight back".......

Its SOO ****ing easy to sit here and say "if you'd only fight back, things would be better..." Wait till you find your child dead on the floor.... Tell me what you think about bullying then.

Whatte f*ck is wrong with people O.o

We're humans, not animals having to fight, seriously... (see earlier comments)

I also just read someone took a machete to school.. WHATTE F*CK??

If you get caught with a weapon like that at a school here you will be send to a mental institution...

Typical Americans I guess, I live in holland and if you fight with someone at a school for a few times they say "good bye" with a smile and you can search for a another school which is not afiliated to the school which you just were removed from :p

I guess the problem lays in the way a lot of American schools are mixed, putting smart people and plain dumb people together... ofcourse the dumb people will start bullying the smart ones >.>

Do you have a hard time speaking from the same hole you poop from? So segregation is normal in your country, forgive me I'm only assuming that from what i've read on this thread too. How you got "M.V.C." is beyond me.

Anyways

I was bullied myself when I was a kid, Stood up to them finally one day beat the hell out of them. Few weeks later they caught up to me walking home from school. I ended up with a permanently damaged kneecap and took a baseball bat to the back of the head. I should be dead. This was about 14 years ago, jokes on those bullies because most are in jail or dead.

When I was growing up, I was bullied. My mom told the teachers and nothing was done. They made fun of me because my mother couldn't afford to buy me new clothes and shoes so the ones I had were filled with holes. I remember my favorite pair of FILA's had a hole in the toe. The jokes turned to people trying to hit me. You know what I did? I started fighting back. I LITERALLY started kicking people in the face and taking it into my own hands. I BECAME the bully but was merciful enough NOT to bully others.

The only way to fight bullying is to physically fight back. Schools aren't interested unless it becomes a national story AFTER the kid commits suicide. No matter how many suspensions it takes, when I have kids, they will fight and fight and fight before ANYONE causes my child to look at themselves as less than human. **** that.

I rough house with my 3 and 5 yr old sons and plan to put them in martial arts or boxing classes.

• Like 1

Even for those with the desire to fight back, the ability may not be there.. Especially if your bullies travel in groups. One scrawny kid's gonna take em all on at once? Not likely. I understand what you're saying, but for some kids, it's just not an option... So there needs to be OTHER ways to fight back...

you might take a beating, but even if a skinny tiny kids stands up AND STILL LOSES, the bullies stop since respect is gained. --> "you see that skinny arse crazy mo-fo try to fight us all?"

I have to admit, i was a bully (old world bully NOT what you see today) in school and 2 times had 2 skinny smaller kids finally have enough and punch me. Didn't hurt, didn't do anything EXCEPT made me think he was freaking cool to stand up to it finally. I can't recall what i said to the first kid (circa grade 5 i think) but i remember grade 10 when David Cameron slugged me. At the time i was shocked but i remember very clearly saying "cool, david, thats really awesome, good job" LOL serious.

Worked vise versa too for me, when i went to a new school some of grade 11-12's would taunt (i was in grade 7 or 8) and i remember going after a grade 12 and tackling him down to the grown, I also recall him saying "touch little ****" but it was more in embarrassment then anything else, he stopped taunting. Another example was a guy that would pick on my sister all the time. Same age as me but he hit a growth spurt early and was 6 feet tall at age 12. One day he tore my sisters dirt bike magazine and we got in it, my first real fight, one uppercut and he went down, everyone mocked him for it. Last time he ever picked on my sister.

Bullies HAVE TO be stood up to. Teachers don't fix the problem. YOU DO!

Blaming a child who is bullied is the same, if not worse, as blaming a rape victim because they "just asked for it..."

Is THAT acceptable social behavior? Someone deserves what they get because they act differently?

NO ONE deserves to be raped. NO ONE deserves to be bullied. Any of you who think otherwise need to evaluate your moral standing.

Some people absolutely deserve it. It really goes to the mindset that we can do/say anything we want but any physical consequence is verboten.

Frankly, most people that complain about bullies were either bullies themselves or antagonizers, and eventually they join law enforcement.

U know what? Most of you guys disgust me. Honestly, let's BLAME THE VICTIM because he just didn't fight back... Are you ****ing kidding me? Tell your kid that if you want... Seriously....

Just don't come looking for sympathy from me when you're burying him in the ground because he "didn't fight back".......

Its SOO ****ing easy to sit here and say "if you'd only fight back, things would be better..." Wait till you find your child dead on the floor.... Tell me what you think about bullying then.

Well I'd rather my child live like a king than die like a coward. Take his own life? REALLY? So the bully faces no legal action what so ever? I would rather my kid get killed, at least SOMEBODY would get charged with something. Doing nothing and waiting on the school to act is crazy. The kid is gonna die ether way right? Would you rather them spiral into depression and kill themselves and YOU knowing that your child spent his last days feeling unloved by the world INCLUDING YOU or spent his last days understanding that in this world bullies have to be stood up to?

Teach your children to live on their knees if you want. I wont.

Blaming a child who is bullied is the same, if not worse, as blaming a rape victim because they "just asked for it..."

Is THAT acceptable social behavior? Someone deserves what they get because they act differently?

NO ONE deserves to be raped. NO ONE deserves to be bullied. Any of you who think otherwise need to evaluate your moral standing.

You are right, no one deserves to be bullied. But if they don't stand up for themselves they will be bullied, period. What more do you need? You have success stories from people that were bullied AND prior bullies telling you the only way to beat this is by standing up for themselves. You really shouldn't need much more than that.

"Bullying epidemic"?

Really? :rolleyes:

A good chunk of it is, ohhh they called me a bad name and I didnt like it ohh im being bullied pay attention to me wahhhh. I hate hearing those stories.
  • Like 3

Its the douchbags that pick on retarded kids that really gets me. No education or web campaign will ever change that, only others looking out. My advice isn't that the kids need to stick up for themselves, but that spectators simply need to get involved.

Sure, some weak kid standing up for himself might work occasionally. Usually it will just get their ass kicked harder, if respectfully. Having someone of equal stature step in will radically change the dynamic. Most bullies are acting out for attention themselves so most aren't particularly popular and are easily swayed by public opinion.

Whatte f*ck is wrong with people O.o

We're humans, not animals having to fight, seriously... (see earlier comments)

I also just read someone took a machete to school.. WHATTE F*CK??

If you get caught with a weapon like that at a school here you will be send to a mental institution...

Typical Americans I guess, I live in holland and if you fight with someone at a school for a few times they say "good bye" with a smile and you can search for a another school which is not afiliated to the school which you just were removed from :p

I guess the problem lays in the way a lot of American schools are mixed, putting smart people and plain dumb people together... ofcourse the dumb people will start bullying the smart ones >.>

Actually, we are "animals" and it is sadly human nature for some to pick on the weak. People need to learn self defense, we don't live in Candyland with magic rays of sunshine and rainbows.

And I'm sorry, but if you are going to kill yourself, because you are being bullied, well, I have no sympathy. It isn't like you don't have choices/options in these situations. I'm not saying there aren't instances where you can't feel sorry for someone, but people need to learn that as you get older, you need to take care of yourself. There isn't always going to be someone there to hold your hand.

Besides, that high school sh*t doesn't matter.

There were people back in high school that used to give me a hard time, and nowadays I see them at the bar or somewhere, and have a drink with them, like nothing ever happened because life goes on, and nobody cares about that petty crap that happened in school.

Its the douchbags that pick on retarded kids that really gets me. No education or web campaign will ever change that, only others looking out. My advice isn't that the kids need to stick up for themselves, but that spectators simply need to get involved.

Sure, some weak kid standing up for himself might work occasionally. Usually it will just get their ass kicked harder, if respectfully. Having someone of equal stature step in will radically change the dynamic. Most bullies are acting out for attention themselves so most aren't particularly popular and are easily swayed by public opinion.

Thank you. I agree with you that spectators should step in, become allies for the weaker ones... That's part of what I'm trying to do here... Get those who usually stand by and let it happen to get involved and make schools a safer place for everyone. That's never going to happen until schools, parents, and society as a whole teach our young people that each of us has a responsibility not only to keep ourselves safe, but to help others as well... Funny how a small DNA difference between apes and us virtually kills our sense of community and family.... APES defend their clan.... But we can't do the same... Don't u all think that's kind of sad?

A good chunk of it is, ohhh they called me a bad name and I didnt like it ohh im being bullied pay attention to me wahhhh. I hate hearing those stories.

Yeah, seems like everyone and their dog is a "bullying" victim nowadays. Especially celebrities. They love talking about how they were "bullied" when they were younger. The word has basically lost all legitimate meaning ever since it became the latest 'cause-of-the-week' for people.

• Like 1

Do you have a hard time speaking from the same hole you poop from? So segregation is normal in your country, forgive me I'm only assuming that from what i've read on this thread too. How you got "M.V.C." is beyond me.

Anyways

I was bullied myself when I was a kid, Stood up to them finally one day beat the hell out of them. Few weeks later they caught up to me walking home from school. I ended up with a permanently damaged kneecap and took a baseball bat to the back of the head. I should be dead. This was about 14 years ago, jokes on those bullies because most are in jail or dead.

Why are you angry about me being against mixing smart and less smart people? The less smart people can't follow the lessons or the smarter ones are learning less then they could. And I never sayed that the smart people are always the good guys and the less smart ones are the bad guys, it's just in most cases like that in my experience.

And I got my MVC for my contribution to the neowin community, not for my opinions and I can have any opinion I like about things, they call that democracy.

Using violence against violence isn't going to solve anything it's only going to give more problems(as example the students that went so violent that they took a gun to school and shot people with it in germany)

And to above comment yes we're animals(lol you beat me on that one) but we have come as far as we are now because of they way we are by trying to invent things and medication and helping each other, not by beating the hell out of each other :p

So,clearly bullying is alive on the Neowin forums...... Honestly, this is a joke.... kids are dying and most of you say its Darwinism at its best.....

Someone please close this topic. I did not want it to go this way, but since so many people here are complete animals.... I don't want to see it get any worse.