Four Teens Go Missing in X-box Romance

Incorrect. I speak out against EVERY country's policies/practices that I disagree with. America gets no special consideration for that, either way.

Meh; still equates to a ton of complaining about things that have no affect on you. Regardless, you do have the right to comment/say whatever you want, but to say someone else has brought a holier than though attitude to the thread when you did it first seems pretty hypocritical.

It's active is most states and most of the mostly populated cities in america. You probably have one in your state, you just are not aware of it. Don't blame me for your ignorance of what is happening around the country you live in. Not my fault you don't pay attention to what is happening in your country.

I do pay attention to the laws in my country i also dont jump to conclusion and think that "everyone" in a thread lives in the same country as me because im not ignorant like you it seems. You see, i did a two second look at the people that said "Curfews?" and noticed one was from the UK and the other from France, you obviously did not and jumped to the conclusion everyone is in america, is american and should know your laws no matter how stupid they are, and yes america is home of some of the dumbest laws.

Like i said id act nicer if you acted smarter, but that does not seem possible.

Have a great day now, i have some tv to watch ;)

Incorrect. I speak out against EVERY country's policies/practices that I disagree with. America gets no special consideration for that, either way.

There is no policy in the USA that says there is a curfew though, that is a town policy, don't like it move to a town that doesn't have one or run a change the policy campaign...

you are calling the the USA a police state, yet the policy you are calling the country that for isn't even a national thing just a municipality thing... amazing...

There is no policy in the USA that says there is a curfew though, that is a town policy, don't like it move to a town that doesn't have one or run a change the policy campaign...

you are calling the the USA a police state, yet the policy you are calling the country that for isn't even a national thing just a municipality thing... amazing...

That wasn't made clear. If it's something local gov's are doing rather than federal.. Well, that's -still- not OK; but not as bad.

I do pay attention to the laws in my country i also dont jump to conclusion and think that "everyone" in a thread lives in the same country as me because im not ignorant like you it seems. You see, i did a two second look at the people that said "Curfews?" and noticed one was from the UK and the other from France, you obviously did not and jumped to the conclusion everyone is in america, is american and should know your laws no matter how stupid they are, and yes america is home of some of the dumbest laws.

Like i said id act nicer if you acted smarter, but that does not seem possible.

Have a great day now, i have some tv to watch ;)

If you don't want to be judged as something, don't look like it.... If you put your location, just a state or country or whatever, people wouldn't have to make assumptions based off of your comments.

There are plenty of people who live in America and don't know there are curfews. It isn't something that gets addressed much anymore.

Again, if you don't want people to think something, putting a little info out there about yourself will help that. Fill out your neowin stuff and people won't misjudge where you are from.

I had to actually also look for the word "curfew"... which century is now out of curiosity?

On another note, as long as they don't do anything stupid... god speed (well, they may already have, but to live like that... I insist, godspeed.)

If you don't want to be judged as something, don't look like it.... If you put your location, just a state or country or whatever, people wouldn't have to make assumptions based off of your comments.

There are plenty of people who live in America and don't know there are curfews. It isn't something that gets addressed much anymore.

Again, if you don't want people to think something, putting a little info out there about yourself will help that. Fill out your neowin stuff and people won't misjudge where you are from.

Shakey i can see your not the brightest crayon in the box as your telling me to fill in information you have already ignored more than once, and even after i say not all of us are in america you go and call me an american and say im ignorant yet as you can see the ignorant one here is you suggesting everyone is american and should know your laws.

From this thread alone i can see your nothing more than well.... <removed to save his feelings > you can keep trolling away i guess as thats all your doing but i will just ignore your stupidity =)

That wasn't made clear. If it's something local gov's are doing rather than federal.. Well, that's -still- not OK; but not as bad.

meh, it all depends on the voting constituents in that particular municipality. That's what's so great about the Democratic experiment. If you don't like the local laws you can campaign for a change in policy, run for office (rather easy for local office) or move. Most of the curfew laws just allow police to return children to their homes (unless they do something more serious). I don't personally agree with curfews, but since I'm not yet a parent I haven't the political will to do anything about it.

Keep in mind curfews rarely actually help, kids are (I was) out all hours of the night anyway.

Everyone commenting on not knowing of curfews before your initial post is a non-American. Perhaps you should pay closer attention to people's locations? :p

Also, seriously? Curfews?!

Welcome to the United States of Enslavia. Why aren't you lot objecting to this BS?

More like United States of China. Bain capital?

meh, it all depends on the voting constituents in that particular municipality. That's what's so great about the Democratic experiment. If you don't like the local laws you can campaign for a change in policy, run for office (rather easy for local office) or move. Most of the curfew laws just allow police to return children to their homes (unless they do something more serious). I don't personally agree with curfews, but since I'm not yet a parent I haven't the political will to do anything about it.

Keep in mind curfews rarely actually help, kids are (I was) out all hours of the night anyway.

EVERY town near me has this, should I move to canada?

Most towns have a curfew for children under 18. Some under 16.

When I was younger I got picked up downtown at around 2am hanging out with friends. They took me home and made sure to wake my mother and let her know "they found me safely."

She then asked them. "Was he doing anything illegal? Smoking, doing drugs, vandalizing anything?" Of course the police officer said, "No, other than being out after curfew..."

My mother's response I will never forget, "Well then, why the hell are you waking me at 2am? I raised my son well enough to trust him when he is on his own, and yes I knew he was out this late, and I know his friends. Now I'm going back to bed, and you are going to take them back wherever they were and let them be kids." My mother swiftly shut the door, and the cops just kind of stared at each other. My friends and I burst into laughter, and the cops didn't say a word and went back to their cruiser and left... Without taking us back downtown. Had to walk all the way back. :p

Moral of the story: Raise your kids right, and let them be free.

Wait.. Wait... CURFEW!? What is this? 1940's Berlin? Land of the free indeed!

I don't know what the laws are from city to city throughout the country, but where I grew up persons under 18 had a curfew, meaning they couldn't be walking around outside unless accompanied by an adult after a certain time, I think it was like midnight or something. I would imagine this is a fairly widespread institution, and it's nothing new, it's been around since probably well before 1940. This is nothing new, and your outrage is a little late.

I was thinking the same thing lol. Wow, talk about a police state.

EVERY US state I know of has a curfew for minors. What logical reason would any child need to be out on the street at 2am without adult supervision?

EVERY US state I know of has a curfew for minors. What logical reason would any child need to be out on the street at 2am without adult supervision?

Not everything has to be "logical." Kids will be kids. Sometimes just being out late is fun, moreso when you are a kid. That was my favorite time, when growing up.

There was a curfew when I was growing up too. I think it was 11pm. It helps curb crime but for safety of the kids too. I would say most kids out at that time are only causing trouble.

The article could be many different possibilities. Well they will get caught if they still have the SUV. eventually but if they dump it or sell it, then they can disappear. Get new phones, etc

This is not Corey Sunderman's first disappearance from home. He's left twice before, though he always returned and has never had any legal trouble, his mother said.

source

OOO....yes blame to teh interwebz, the greatest evil of all, o and sex, too.