Galaxy S3 Slow as Hell

Welcome to the Android world.

I take this as a troll comment. I've had plenty of Android phones to know that this is over exaggerated.

There's your problem right there. Go SMS has become incredibly bloated and slow. A LOT of people are complaining about it.

I got rid of all the Go apps and my phone stopped being slow.

There aren't many options unfortunately, I want my iPhone emoji, so Go SMS it is. So long as you keep you messages pruned, it runs fine on the hardware I use.

The problem Android has is the slow updates are caused by different phone models that required by different carriers, then each model needs to be tested with their apps and that's not even counting the fact even before they get the phone Samsung needs to test their Touchwiz crap.

The pure Android experience (ASOP) or CM10 is the best way to go.

I've never had an issue with TouchWiz, nor have I had an issue with Sense. I like them both, and I made sure the ROM I have installed has TouchWiz. As stated earlier, I actually like them.

There aren't many options unfortunately, I want my iPhone emoji, so Go SMS it is. So long as you keep you messages pruned, it runs fine on the hardware I use.

There are other options that support Emoji. For instance, Handcent supports Emoji and I find it to be much leaner than Go SMS.

I'd also strongly recommend one of the latest AOKP builds. I have the i747M which is the NA version of the S3 and the AOKP ROM I'm using is based off Android 4.1.2. Wicked fast.

There are other options that support Emoji. For instance, Handcent supports Emoji and I find it to be much leaner than Go SMS.

I'd also strongly recommend one of the latest AOKP builds. I have the i747M which is the NA version of the S3 and the AOKP ROM I'm using is based off Android 4.1.2. Wicked fast.

Is that a nightly build? Link to that if so. Also what do you think the chances are that Build 5 will contain 4.1.2?

Isn't there a battery manager built into TouchWiz/Android? A co-worker of mine has a Galaxy Note (not the 2). When its turned to "Power Saver", the "phablet" sucks and is slow as hell. When its turned off, its just fine and runs super quick and responsive. Of course, he might also be rooted and have a ROM installed. Didn't get a chance to look. We were just talking about it.

Maybe check for a battery manager to see if this is causing your "slowness"? Or its the ROM you're running (if you're not running stock TouchWiz) ... therefore, try a different ROM, such as AOKP (which is fantastic).

Is that a nightly build? Link to that if so. Also what do you think the chances are that Build 5 will contain 4.1.2?

The ROM I use isn't a "nightly" per se. It's custom. If you have the i747(M), you can give it a shot. http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1766684

I think the developer may also do it for other versions of the S3 as well. The updates are regular depending on how well a particular version runs. There might be one update every few days depending on commits to AOKP or there might be multiple updates a day depending on issues. Either way, very strongly recommend this ROM. It's fantastic.

Edit: As a side note...I personally don't like using nightlies. I go for the custom ROM's with cherry-picked updates as they're optimized specifically for that device. The nightlies tend to be a little more generic.

I'm not an Android fan anymore as I had 3 Android phones and all 3 were an epic fail, however, if you are going to get an Android phone, I would suggest the Galaxy Nexus. That is Google's official Android phone and will ALWAYS get the latest and greatest Android version first before any carrier or anyone else (as long as the hardware on it permits it).

I'm not an Android fan anymore as I had 3 Android phones and all 3 were an epic fail, however, if you are going to get an Android phone, I would suggest the Galaxy Nexus. That is Google's official Android phone and will ALWAYS get the latest and greatest Android version first before any carrier or anyone else (as long as the hardware on it permits it).

Also as long as you get it DIRECTLY from Google. Not through a carrier, there where 3 Nexus phones here at work from various people who where all stuck on 4.0.1 thanks to Telstra. I worked my magic on it, put the stock ROM on it and BAM! Jelly Bean in about 30 seconds of turning it back on for all 3 people.

lol good money spent when you gotta root a phone to make it work. yay android

lol good money spent when you gotta root a phone to make it work. yay android

Android isn't the issue. At least know what you're talking about if you're going to troll. The issue is manufacturers and their modifications to the Android system.

The unnecessary carriers bloatware is what kills Android. Reminds me of those Dell, Compaq, HP, E-Machines and Gateway PCs you buy at BestBuy and other stores.

Have you tried just cleaning it up, formatting SD, and restoring to factory settings?

The S3 overall, even with a crappy rom, should be pretty good.

This is what I would do. Remove the SD and then do a backup in Kies and do a full factory reset to see if it brings it back to normal.

The unnecessary carriers bloatware is what kills Android. Reminds me of those Dell, Compaq, HP, E-Machines and Gateway PCs you buy at BestBuy and other stores.

+1 carriers have bloatware installed to promote/faciliate their services & products.

Flash to jellybean touchwiz or stock should be faster. Maybe try a different launcher like Nova.

I've never understood why everyone wants CyanogenMod on their Android devices- every time I've used it, it's been buggy and slow. I'd have a look around on the XDA forums for a good one because CyanogenMod is most likely not the best ROM available for your device. Especially CM10.

I have a look around on the S3 section and I especially like the sound of this ROM; if I had an S3, I'd install this right away! http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1708371

EDIT: And yes, haha, I am a hypocrite because I have CM9 on my phone now...but I'm telling you now, it's the buggiest POS ROM I've used on this phone by a long shot. It's slower than stock on my Nexus 7 as w

I have a CM10 monthly on my Galaxy S and it seems fine to me, in fact I am surprised by how smooth and fast it is given the age of this device.

Ok, I am late to reply here but here is my 2 cents...

You do not need to root you phone or apply a custom rom to make it perform right. I know several people with S3s and they are fast running stock. Possible you have a lemon or need to do a factory reset.

Custom Rom need not be installed for performance improvements.

Strange thing is, SIII and Note II are the only sets, besides Galaxy Nexus with JellyBeans, that were on par with iOS and Windows Phone in terms of performance.

I may not be one to hold any weight on this, seeing how I've only had mine for about 2 days now, and come from a HTC Hero :p But I'm loving how fast my Sprint S3 is. I'm able to multitask, stream flash League of legends game, text, or take calls, all at the same time, and there is no lag in anything.

I'm still breaking the battery in, but it seems perfect so far. At least, when coming from ****, this phone is heaven so far :p Can't wait for Jelly Bean to roll out in the next few months.

It may also help that on my property is a Sprint tower, and it is one of the few towers in Texas to have been installed with 4G :) So lucky!

Custom Rom need not be installed for performance improvements.

Strange thing is, SIII and Note II are the only sets, besides Galaxy Nexus with JellyBeans, that were on par with iOS and Windows Phone in terms of performance.

Yup, most likely a problem with the phone itself. Call support, get it fixed. Should be under warranty.

I'm running CM10 on my HOX and it has Emoji support once you enable it.