6 DIY ways to tell if your house is haunted

I have one way to tell if your house is haunted.

1. It isn't. There's no such thing as ghosts.

Oh yeah that makes a lot of sense. I cant believe I didnt think about it before! because you said so! oh wow. you help me realized I was wrong! :D

Yeah because saying you need to prove claims not just assert them totally equates to bloodthirsty theocracy . Oh and that whole thing wasn't resolved with testimonials :rolleyes:

You cant over 200 years of "research" and your side has come up with bunk in half that time we went from powered flight to space. In 1/10 of that time we went from concept to proving the boson.

Just how long do we have to spend on this before we conclude its probably bunk ? 100 years ? 500 years ? 1000 years ?

If we accept peoples claims of ghosts as evidence we must also accept those of alien abductions, bigfoot, reptilians etc etc etc leaving the mind so open the brain falls out.

no mater what evidence they come up with I am sure you will dismiss it as not good enough... even if we made a device to detect spirits with 100% accuracy, you'd probably still say its a hoax device... we can't see or even prove what the smallest particles of the universe look like or even if they exist, yet we still spend millions to research them... and doesn't mean they do or don't... fact is a lot of people have had experiences... everyone doesn't just make stories up

1 - Ghosts don't exist. 2 - Potergeist don't exist. 3 - Zombies don't exist. 4 - Haunted houses don't exist. 5 - Supernatural beings don't exist. 6 - Superstition is for dumb people. Here you are, I've solved the haunted house problem for you :-D

You had me until you said zombies. Everyone knows zombies exists....they are the pour soul-less creatures that walk from the parking lot and into work every day.

Those who believe in ghost... are you religious? Would make a lot of sense, because you then are just trying to find ways to make things fit your belief.

Proof of a ghost would be something that no one could refute. If you can't do that, you can't make a claim as fact.

no mater what evidence they come up with I am sure you will dismiss it as not good enough...

Really ? Do you honestly believe this twaddle or are you just throwing this out because you have no evidence.

even if we made a device to detect spirits with 100% accuracy, you'd probably still say its a hoax device...

No that would be awesome, repeatable testable etc.

we can't see or even prove what the smallest particles of the universe look like yet we still spend millions to research them...

And yet we can detect rapidity them in 20 years we have gone from concept to proof and you have had 200 years to achieve the same thing

fact is a lot of people have had experiences... everyone doesn't just make stories up

Right therefore Bigfoot, Nessie, Alien Abductions, Reptilians etc etc etc are all proven including the accounts which contradict eachother.

One big massive shipment of fail

Those who believe in ghost... are you religious? Would make a lot of sense, because you then are just trying to find ways to make things fit your belief.

Proof of a ghost would be something that no one could refute. If you can't do that, you can't make a claim as fact.

Nope, not really religious at all, I tend to fall somewhere between agnostic and atheist depending on the day and mood I am in, and I do not dismiss ghosts as being absolutely untrue, well, for the same reason I am agnostic actually. I just have no definitive proof for either side. Sure, the proof leans more towards they do not exist, but I have no absolute guarantee they do not exist, which is why I tend to not dismiss anything as being possible, or impossible for that matter.

Furthermore, my lack of religion and my faith in science actually helps me believe in one theory I have heard as to why ghosts may indeed exist. I actually learned this one from my physics for the modern artist professor (that was an actual class I took) in college, so you can blame him. In essence, the theory is people are made up of cosmic energy if you will, you have to kind of believe this first. Then you have to believe that time exists on the time-space continuum. if you believe those two things, it is then one theory that ghosts are indeed people whose energy was so intense, and/or possibly so engrained to one specific point on the time-space line, that their energy still exists ever so slightly within time itself. And that is what people are seeing. Not a ghost, but the energy of someone who is gone, but yet made such an impression on the time-space continuum somehow (perhaps it was repetition, perhaps it was a tragic unforeseen event) that they still exist in time, although they are indeed dead.

Just a theory, and I am not even saying it is true, but again as I started my response with, i cannot 110% say it is false either, so I really do not dismiss all that much at all, unless it is something I can qualify right then and there. Like if it is raining out, and someone states it is sunny, that is something I know I can absolutely dispute. If god exists, or if ghosts exists, which to me there is literally no difference between the two, although I lean more one way then another on both, I cannot say with absolute certainty they do not exist.

Most of the religious people I know don't believe in Ghosts, they tend to think beliving in them is "evil"... somehow ghosts and spirits are different? *shrugs* anyways...

Nope, not really religious at all, I tend to fall somewhere between agnostic and atheist depending on the day and mood I am in, and I do not dismiss ghosts as being absolutely untrue, well, for the same reason I am agnostic actually. I just have no definitive proof for either side. Sure, the proof leans more towards they do not exist, but I have no absolute guarantee they do not exist, which is why I tend to not dismiss anything as being possible, or impossible for that matter.

Furthermore, my lack of religion and my faith in science actually helps me believe in one theory I have heard as to why ghosts may indeed exist. I actually learned this one from my physics for the modern artist professor (that was an actual class I took) in college, so you can blame him. In essence, the theory is people are made up of cosmic energy if you will, you have to kind of believe this first. Then you have to believe that time exists on the time-space continuum. if you believe those two things, it is then one theory that ghosts are indeed people whose energy was so intense, and/or possibly so engrained to one specific point on the time-space line, that their energy still exists ever so slightly within time itself. And that is what people are seeing. Not a ghost, but the energy of someone who is gone, but yet made such an impression on the time-space continuum somehow (perhaps it was repetition, perhaps it was a tragic unforeseen event) that they still exist in time, although they are indeed dead.

Just a theory, and I am not even saying it is true, but again as I started my response with, i cannot 110% say it is false either, so I really do not dismiss all that much at all, unless it is something I can qualify right then and there. Like if it is raining out, and someone states it is sunny, that is something I know I can absolutely dispute. If god exists, or if ghosts exists, which to me there is literally no difference between the two, although I lean more one way then another on both, I cannot say with absolute certainty they do not exist.

Interesting.

Why do most people say ghost are white? It seems rare to have a native american ghost, a neanderthal, or even animal ghost... it's always a person when people claim to see one, and normally whit e:P

that's actually the basis for a lot of "EVP" responses people get, their "energy" is so strong, you have residual events stuck in a time continuium that can be "replayed"

no one knows what "ghosts" are, they could just be a glitch in time where we see something that was there in the past... kinda like Dejavu just in reverse...

and for the disbelievers, I would love for one of you to come out and figure this one out for me.... I've had it looked at before and no one can figure it out.... ever since my fience died 11 years ago when I walk past a light bulb that is near its end of life, it WILL go out, walk past it, it comes back on... (and by it, I mean when I get iwthin 20 ft of a sodium vapor light... 10 ft within incandescant, etc on average)

this has been completely repeatable, it freaks a lot of my friends out, I can do it with street lamps (sodium vapor lights) with incandescant bulbs... Florescent bulbs.... I freaked out co-workers one time when I walked into a room and a few of the lights went out then came back on when i left... again and again... incandescants will actually dim the closer I get... sodium vapor will just flash out then stay out till I get a distance away then start to come back on

if you want to come out here and bebunk that, you are galdy welcomed to figure it out... this didn't start until she died... don't know if its tied, but it was ironic timeing.....

but again as I started my response with, i cannot 110% say it is false either, so I really do not dismiss all that much at all, unless it is something I can qualify right then and there. Like if it is raining out, and someone states it is sunny, that is something I know I can absolutely dispute. If god exists, or if ghosts exists, which to me there is literally no difference between the two, although I lean more one way then another on both, I cannot say with absolute certainty they do not exist.

In the same way we cannot 110% say there is no Bigfoot, Nessie, Alien Abductions, Reptilians, Nibiru, phallus's everywhere etc etc etc. Oh and don't forget Ancient aliens and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

and for the disbelievers, I would love for one of you to come out and figure this one out for me.... I've had it looked at before and no one can figure it out.... ever since my fience died 11 years ago when I walk past a light bulb that is near its end of life, it WILL go out, walk past it, it comes back on... (and by it, I mean when I get iwthin 20 ft of a sodium vapor light... 10 ft within incandescant, etc on average)

this has been completely repeatable, it freaks a lot of my friends out, I can do it with street lamps (sodium vapor lights) with incandescant bulbs... Florescent bulbs.... I freaked out co-workers one time when I walked into a room and a few of the lights went out then came back on when i left... again and again... incandescants will actually dim the closer I get... sodium vapor will just flash out then stay out till I get a distance away then start to come back on

if you want to come out here and bebunk that, you are galdy welcomed to figure it out... this didn't start until she died... don't know if its tied, but it was ironic timeing.....

You can make a million dollars from the JREF if you demonstrate this, Never mind recovering "paranormal" investigation from deep within the septic tank.

http://www.randi.org...-challenge.html

i know that there are occurrences that can't be explained. I've experienced one before, but i would never set my beliefs into concrete and say its a ghost, alien or whatever. Weird things happen but does not make them to be anything unnatural. There seems to be many things in nature science discovers all the time, maybe one day they will find what causes "ghost" like occurrences.

IF ghosts did exist...then where the heck is the ghost of a dinosaur? I see dog ghost stories, but no T-Rex, lol, sure. What about caveman ghosts, but nooo, its gotta be ghosts from either the medival era or the 1800's it seems and they all wear clothing, don't want to create an awkward situation do they.

You can make a million dollars from the JREF if you demonstrate this

http://www.randi.org...-challenge.html

never heard of them before, honestly I'd like show someone like you, I've had others get freaked out by it, my wife and I are unphased by it at this point, but everyone else can't believe it and think we set up some kind of RF trigger system.... on public lights go figure... heck I'd walk up to the lights naked just to show what happens....

my only problem with people like that site is, I'm not in it for the money... I just want people to see... if they want to come out and "test" me they are welcome to, I just don't want any "prize"...

i know that there are occurrences that can't be explained. I've experienced one before, but i would never set my beliefs into concrete and say its a ghost, alien or whatever. Weird things happen but does not make them to be anything unnatural. There seems to be many things in nature science discovers all the time, maybe one day they will find what causes "ghost" like occurrences.

IF ghosts did exist...then where the heck is the ghost of a dinosaur? I see dog ghost stories, but no T-Rex, lol, sure. What about caveman ghosts, but nooo, its gotta be ghosts from either the medival era or the 1800's it seems and they all wear clothing, don't want to create an awkward situation do they.

maybe if it is a time space thing, their energy dissapates over time into the universe, like fades out, which could explain why we get more recent "ghosts".. if we are like a big time capacator maybe it discharges also

my only problem with people like that site is, I'm not in it for the money... I just want people to see

Of course you are not, What a predictable response I give you a cast iron way to prove your claim to the entire world once and for all and win 1 million dollars in the process and your response is to run like nuts :rofl:

Why not give the million dollars to a charity, Hell id say if you have this opportunity and you refuse to do so then id say that's a very evil thing to do.

Go on sign up and prove the paranormal once and for all.

Of course you are not, What a predictable response I give you a cast iron way to prove your claim to the entire world once and for all and win 1 million dollars in the process and your response is to run like nuts :rofl:

Why not give the million dollars to a charity, Hell id say if you have this opportunity and you refuse to do so then id say that's a very evil thing to do.

Go on sign up and prove the paranormal once and for all.

I'd sign binding legal documents that say I don't want the money... and to give the money to a chairty it'd have to go directly from them to it, not ever through me, that'd put all the legal burdon on me if it did go to me first, which I'd never want

have you ever read their contract? I just skimmed it, I am responsible for all their costs?! heck no, If they want to prove something they come out and use some of their 1.3 million dollar account to pay for it themselves... I have no problem with them coming out on their own time like I said, I'm not paying for something... you have no idea what kind of bills they could give you in the end

I'm sure your next response will be well if you think its true you'd pay the money... which my response will be, pay for something that they don't itemize in advance is a huge no way

btw how did I run like nuts? because I don't agree with a "contest"? I said I would gladly take anyone and show them, me having to pay to show them no, they come out on their own free will and I will show them

and the excuse "well you will win money it will pay for it" doesn't work either, because you could still prove it to them and they could refuse payment on a technicality

I'd sign binding legal documents that say I don't want the money... and to give the money to a chairty it'd have to go directly from them to it, not ever through me, that'd put all the legal burdon on me if it did go to me first, which I'd never want

have you ever read their contract? I just skimmed it, I am responsible for all their costs?! heck no, If they want to prove something they come out and use some of their 1.3 million dollar account to pay for it themselves... I have no problem with them coming out on their own time like I said, I'm not paying for something... you have no idea what kind of bills they could give you in the end

I'm sure your next response will be well if you think its true you'd pay the money... which my response will be, pay for something that they don't itemize in advance is a huge no way

btw how did I run like nuts? because I don't agree with a "contest"? I said I would gladly take anyone and show them, me having to pay to show them no, they come out on their own free will and I will show them

and the excuse "well you will win money it will pay for it" doesn't work either, because you could still prove it to them and they could refuse payment on a technicality

See while we will never know for sure that paranormal is bs, Its things like this that make me pretty dam sure, People are starving to death in the world and you have the power to make at least a portion of it better but oh no if I have to get up early on Saturday no dice :laugh:

You wont do this because you cant demonstrate your claim and all the excuses in the world wont change this :yes:

See while we will never know for sure that paranormal is bs, Its things like this that make me pretty dam sure, People are starving to death in the world and you have the power to make at least a portion of it better but oh no if I have to get up early on Saturday no dice :laugh:

You wont do this because you cant demonstrate your claim and all the excuses in the world wont change this :yes:

wtf does that have to do with anything? how hard is it to comprehend that I said I WOULD DEMONSTRATE IT TO ANYONE WHO WANTED TO SEE IT this whole tieing money into it is just a BS excuse for you to "debunk" something based on the fact I dont want money wow.... turning it into a humanity thing to... good for you, that proves your point how? you are really reaching for reasons when I clearly said I will show anyone on their own free will, I'm not paying for you to come see, if you want you get here yourself... I said absolutly nothing else besides I'm not paying a website group to come see, because for all I know they are just pulling a money scam to get money by coming out charging me money to do it then saying oh no thanks then leaving... you should never have to pay to prove anything... their whole website "test" is set up in a way to basically do the same thing you are doing, saying oh you wont pay, therefore it must be fake

please show me where the "excuse" is, I clearly said I will do it, just not under this specific groups requirements for me to pay for all their expenses

wtf does that have to do with anything? how hard is it to comprehend that I said I WOULD DEMONSTRATE IT TO ANYONE WHO WANTED TO SEE IT

Just not under controlled circumstances, Cant have anyone looking too closely at the light right :rolleyes:

this whole tieing money into it is just a BS excuse for you to "debunk" something based on the fact I dont want money wow.... turning it into a humanity thing to... good for you, that proves your point how?

If you have this ability which could win you one million dollars regardless of if you want the money or not and if you chose not to... well that doesn't reflect well on you to say the least, This is a massive carrot for people like yourself who claim this ability and the fact that people like you and Sylvia Browne refuse to so casts doubt on your ability.

you are really reaching for reasons when I clearly said I will show anyone on their own free will I'm not paying for you to come see, if you want you get here yourself... I said absolutly nothing else besides I'm not paying a website group to come see

Oh if I have to get up on Sunday in order to revolutionize our understanding of the universe then I wont do it. Oh if I have to put up with this whole controlled test I wont do it. BULL you wont do it under controlled conditions because you CANT do it!

because for all I know they are just pulling a money scam to get money by coming out charging me money to do it then saying oh no thanks then leaving...

I know you are going to ask, "What if the bonds cannot be easily liquidated?" If the JREF did not pay a winning claimant in a reasonable amount of time, we would be open to a lawsuit for breach of contract. The claimant will be paid. The JREF states that the funds are held in immediately negotiable bonds so that a claimant can feel at ease about the ability of the JREF to pay. The fact that the JREF will do so is going above and beyond the requirements of the law and the generally accepted practices of good, responsible non-profits. It is an enormous act of good faith on JREF's part. The million dollars exist. Arguments to the contrary are utterly pointless, and they will not be entertained by the JREF.

Its a legal contract

you should never have to pay to prove anything... their whole website "test" is set up in a way to basically do the same thing you are doing, saying oh you wont pay, therefore it must be fake

Right you wont win a million dollars for charity and conclusively prove the paranormal once and for all because you have to pay for gas and food :rofl: What's your next excuse you wont do it because he is gay :rofl:

Im so glad we have the JREF to show people like you and Sylvia Browne up for the frauds they are :yes:

Just not under controlled circumstances, Cant have anyone looking too closely at the light right :rolleyes:

If you have this ability which could win you one million dollars regardless of if you want the money or not and if you chose not to... well that doesn't reflect well on you to say the least, This is a massive carrot for people like yourself who claim this ability and the fact that people like you and Sylvia Browne refuse to so casts doubt on your ability.

Oh if I have to get up on Sunday in order to revolutionize our understanding of the universe then I wont do it. Oh if I have to put up with this whole controlled test I wont do it. BULL you wont do it under controlled conditions because you CANT do it!

I know you are going to ask, "What if the bonds cannot be easily liquidated?" If the JREF did not pay a winning claimant in a reasonable amount of time, we would be open to a lawsuit for breach of contract. The claimant will be paid. The JREF states that the funds are held in immediately negotiable bonds so that a claimant can feel at ease about the ability of the JREF to pay. The fact that the JREF will do so is going above and beyond the requirements of the law and the generally accepted practices of good, responsible non-profits. It is an enormous act of good faith on JREF's part. The million dollars exist. Arguments to the contrary are utterly pointless, and they will not be entertained by the JREF.

Its a legal contract

Right you wont win a million dollars for charity and conclusively prove the paranormal once and for all because you have to pay for gas and food :rofl:

What's your next excuse you wont do it because he is gay :rofl:

Im so glad we have the JREF to show people like you and Sylvia Browne up for the frauds they are :yes:

hey if you want to pay for them to come out and you collect the money to do with it as you want I am all for it... somehow I doubt you will... I am somehow wrong because I dont want to pay money, uh ok, maybe I don't have the money to pay for them to come out? some of us don't have money to just throw at people, if they where a true invesigation team they would do an investigation on their own time and money...

You don't pay them you pay for your gas and food, More moving the goalposts and that's entirely consistent with you making this up and entirely inconsistent for someone who can demonstrate this claim

9c3aa03a.jpgc38b6204.jpg

Baaak bauk bauk buk!

You don't pay them you pay for your gas and food, More moving the goalposts and that's entirely consistent with you making this up and entirely inconsistent for someone who can demonstrate this claim

inconsistant? I have been extreamly consistant in what I just said

the contract says the application pays for everything...

All of the Applicant's expenses such as transportation, accommodation, materials, assistants, and all other costs for any persons or procedures incurred in pursuit of the Challenge, are the sole responsibility of the Applicant. Neither the JREF nor any representative of the JREF will bear any of the costs.

"and all OTHER costs for ANY person or procedures incurred in pursuit of the challenge"

inconsistant? I have been extreamly consistant in what I just said

the contract says the application pays for everything...

All of the Applicant's expenses such as transportation, accommodation, materials, assistants, and all other costs for any persons or procedures incurred in pursuit of the Challenge, are the sole responsibility of the Applicant. Neither the JREF nor any representative of the JREF will bear any of the costs.

"and all OTHER costs for ANY person or procedures incurred in pursuit of the challenge"

And in your case that would be a light bulb, transport and food :rofl: The JREF and challenge hosting is paid for by donators.

This is just more smokescreens thrown up to cover up your inability to prove your claim.

And in your case that would be a light bulb, transport and food :rofl: The JREF and challenge hosting is paid for by donators.

This is just more smokescreens thrown up to cover up your inability to prove your claim.

this is not a smoke screen, I have a standing offer for anyone to come and view it themselves or even set up an experiment themselves, this website you gave is just a guy who has a life goal of debunking anything, and after doing a little research on him that is basically all he is set out to do... people that do that rarely will believe any proof or evidence they are given

all you are trying to do is get me all reved up and crack under your constant questioning, it's not going to work, from this point on all I am saying is there is a standing offer, someone can take it or leave it

this is not a smoke screen, I have a standing offer for anyone to come and view it themselves or even set up an experiment themselves, this website you gave is just a guy who has a life goal of debunking anything, and after doing a little research on him that is basically all he is set out to do... people that do that rarely will believe any proof or evidence they are given

Yeah more smoke screens he's a skeptic that's why I wont do it (even though the test is completely independent of him) blah blah blah . This is getting old if you want to prove your claim you will pay for your gas money and food (and take it out of the initial 10k dollars if you wish) but you don't because you cant :yes:

Yeah more smoke screens he's a skeptic that's why I wont do it (even though the test is completely independent of him) blah blah blah . This is getting old if you want to prove your claim you will pay for your gas money and food (and take it out of the initial 10k dollars if you wish) but you don't because you cant :yes:

pretty much the response I expected from you, offer still stands, even for him to come out on his own free will and set up his own experiments... dont know how that is smoke screens letting anyone come out and set up their own tests but what ever

that's actually the basis for a lot of "EVP" responses people get, their "energy" is so strong, you have residual events stuck in a time continuium that can be "replayed"

no one knows what "ghosts" are, they could just be a glitch in time where we see something that was there in the past... kinda like Dejavu just in reverse...

Don't some kinds of lights dim & cycle on & off at the end of their life?

Anyways, if the phenomena is as you say, then it's unexplained, not supernatural.

It sounds to me like "magical thinking".