Share your own personal BBQ rub/sauce recipes

Ok well, here's mine:

Spicy BBQ rub:

1 teaspoons cayenne(more or less depending on how spicy you want it.)

1/2 cup ground cumin

1/2 cup paprika

1/2 cup granulated garlic

1/2 cup granulated onion

1/2 cup chili powder

1/4 cup sea salt

1/4 cup celery salt

1/8 cup ground white pepper

1/4 cup ground black pepper

1/2 cup thyme

1/8 cup ground mustard

1 cup brown sugar

I just buy pre-made spice mixtures/seasonings. However I am interested in learning some recipes. If anyone has any sweet (less spicy) recipes, please post them!

I haven't gotten into BBQ as much as I would like. I grill a lot, but that's not true BBQ. Hence, no special sauces yet. Bottled BBQ sauce though.. ain't nothin better than Sweet Baby Ray's.

Wow. Out of the hundreds of active mems here, I am surprised not even the hard-core Texas people haven't posted. I thought Texans loved their BBQ.

Well it depends on how i feel the day I'm going to barbeque. Usually it's just cooking everything medium rare on sea salt and fresh grinded pepper, nothing beats minimalist :p BUT 'green sauce' which is Minced garlic pickled in lemon juice for a couple of hours, then mix with minced parsley and olive oil and presto chimichurri!(green sauce).

Then I've got asian variation, which is no salt, just add light and dark soy sauces to the meat before cooking.

Latino version: add as many citrics before, lemon being first choice followed by grapefruit second and maybe a whisk of vinegar and basically any spice in your cupboard.

Homemade BBQ: thick hunts tomato + brown sugar + garlic + onions + worcestershire sauce, all in a blender and presto!

Here is a big tip that I always do-

Place ribs in a bag to marinate with some Cheap-

CABERNET SAUVIGNON

Overnight mixed with some spice rub- Rotate every 4 hours-

rub-

Onion powder-

Garlic powder-

Sea Salt-

Red pepper corns-

McCormick Lemon pepper-

-for the application-

Light coat of olive oil and liquid smoke- before rub- then place in bag with wine- That way the rub will stick-

The ribs will almost fall off the bone before cooking.

Take the juices from the bag and add to BBQ sauce - 1:1 mix ratio to use as a brush during cooking. Just make sure to stop brushing the last 10 min of cooking.

Oh and the BBQ sauce -- I can't tell you the exact amounts..... but involves-

Tomato paste-

Brown Sugar-

Maple Syrup-

Texas Pete Hot sauce-

sweated sweet onions and garlic-

1 can of Banana Peppers - and 2 chili peppers.

Tablespoon of horse radish sauce-

One cup of Worcestershire sauce-

1/2 cup of green chilies

1 can of Cilantro and dicedtomatoes.. Rotell name brand

I like to smoke ribs and pork shoulder from time to time, but honestly I keep it simple. For ribs its usually just a little salt and brown sugar rubbed on, and that's it for the rub and i'll sprinkle some more brown sugar on later before I rap them in foil. For shoulder I rub it with yellow mustard, brown sugar, and salt. I personally don't use any sauce for the shoulder, but I usually just buy a bottle from the store if someone else wants it, I prefer Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle.