Dark Souls is the worst console port

pc dark souls

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:37

:rolleyes: People don't choose to game on their PCs to have the exact same experience as on a console.

So according to your qoute... exactly like the console version. Now we are knocking companies for consistancy? Jesus christ has the gaming community become retarded? It's a no win environment. No wonder companies aren't listening to customers anymore. Damned if you, damned if you don't.

#17 ArialBlue

ArialBlue

var lulz;

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:18

Holy hell that is one hell of an unplayable game O.o

Just googled this,
http://segmentnext.c...and-gfwl-fixes/

"Make sure you don’t have two hard-drives and especially an external second hard drive as a general program drive. If you have it and you are trying to install Dark Souls on your secondary hard-drive, edit the registry to make that drive your primary install location."

I would try it for the lolz, but alas my hardware is about 4 times under the sys req.

#18 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 23 October 2012 - 21:13

I agree, it should never have been ported. Its terrible. At least PC gamers, in true fashion, have made attempts to fix it (or at least make it less of an abortion).

#19 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 23 October 2012 - 21:16

So according to your qoute... exactly like the console version. Now we are knocking companies for consistancy? Jesus christ has the gaming community become retarded? It's a no win environment. No wonder companies aren't listening to customers anymore. Damned if you, damned if you don't.

You can't reason with Die-hard PC Gamers, they're some of the most stuck up, elitist people on the internet.

Posted Image

#20 Solid Knight

Solid Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 October 2012 - 21:23

From Software has never made a PC game before muchless ported a console game to a PC. The game is a port of Xbox version which is a port of the PS3 version. With that, they did strongly recommend using a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard since the game was originally designed for a controller.

I wouldn't call it the worst port. It's mouse and keyboard controls aren't any good. I have several gamepads for my PC so that wasn't an issue. You got to let go of the mouse and keyboard, it's not optimal for certain genres.

#21 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:14

This isn't simply a "OMG WE HAZ 2 UZE CONTROLLA!?!" issue. There were a raft of issues with the PC release. If they felt they couldn't bring a half-way decent port to the PC then they shouldn't have bothered. The community had to offer basic **** like changing the resolution. WTF!?

You've completely missed the point. I'm not surprised.

You can't reason with Die-hard PC Gamers, they're some of the most stuck up, elitist people on the internet.

I'm not a die-hard PC gamer. I just think it sucks that game companies completely phone in development for the PC platform. If you're forking out a substantial amount of cash for a game you expect some rudimentary features and compatibility.

Your comment added nothing and was entirely arrogant. Oh, like you're accusing PC gamers of being. Interesting.

#22 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:36

I'm not a die-hard PC gamer. I just think it sucks that game companies completely phone in development for the PC platform. If you're forking out a substantial amount of cash for a game you expect some rudimentary features and compatibility.

Your comment added nothing and was entirely arrogant. Oh, like you're accusing PC gamers of being. Interesting.

I was referring to the idea that this game being on par with the console version "not being good enough" was arrogant.

#23 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 24 October 2012 - 17:01

Yup, damn us for having higher standards or actually expecting it to run decently on our platform. Even with a controller this port stinks and requires the community to be playable. Tobac's statement that its the same (which it isn't) on the console and PC so its consistent rather than unoptimized is laughable.

Its a frustrating enough game at times to not have technology issues compound that.