• Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 19 October 2012 - 20:47

added you both :)

#17 Max Norris

Max Norris

Gone

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 19 October 2012 - 20:55

Got one stored away for my daughter for Christmas.. she's got one of the original DS models and has been bugging me to upgrade for a while... I'm really tempted to tear into it though being a huge Zelda fan... I can always blame the open box and dead batteries on Santa's clumsiness later.

#18 OP dtytfyiutiufg

dtytfyiutiufg

Neowinian

Posted 20 October 2012 - 17:46

Picked up MK7 today trading in some old PS3 games. Only had the chance to play for 10 minutes but looks great :D

#19 Arthax

Arthax

iNeowinian

Posted 20 October 2012 - 17:59

I'm glad Nintendo has finally started offering some of their retail games for download in the eShop. Maybe a response to the almighty App Store?

#20 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 20 October 2012 - 18:29

Tempted... Apparently a 3ds xl package with MK7 is coming out in november so I'll have a scout then when the 2nd hand market is cheaper :p

#21 MillionVoltss

MillionVoltss

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 20 October 2012 - 18:41

Layton's are good, Although not a 3ds title, probably pick them up cheap as some have been out a while.

#22 OP dtytfyiutiufg

dtytfyiutiufg

Neowinian

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:20

I am thinking of picking up Pokeman Black 2 once I complete OoT. Also the DS Zelda games (Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks) will be a must buy when I have the time/money.

#23 compl3x

compl3x

One day until retirement

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:03

Got one stored away for my daughter for Christmas.. she's got one of the original DS models and has been bugging me to upgrade for a while... I'm really tempted to tear into it though being a huge Zelda fan... I can always blame the open box and dead batteries on Santa's clumsiness later.

:) Hehe.

Well, before you give it to her on Christmas it might be worthwhile opening it and charging it anyway so she can play it straight away on Xmas morning.

Edit: Plus there might be a firmware update to download. I can't remember if I had to update my XL when I got it or not.

Edited by compl3x, 21 October 2012 - 08:04.

#24 OP dtytfyiutiufg

dtytfyiutiufg

Neowinian

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:47

Edit: Plus there might be a firmware update to download. I can't remember if I had to update my XL when I got it or not.

I had a firmware update to do. No idea what new features it added though.

#25 OP dtytfyiutiufg

dtytfyiutiufg

Neowinian

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:54

Well, before you give it to her on Christmas it might be worthwhile opening it and charging it anyway so she can play it straight away on Xmas morning.

Yeah definitely charge it! My dad always made sure any Christmas presents were charged up and tested to make sure they actually work. Such a horrible day if you get a faulty unit as you have to wait a day or two to be able to get a replacement, even longer if it is a hard to find item. A friend had a Wii that was DOA but he never checked before so Christmas day was ruined as all their other presents were Wii related :( Then to make things worse he had to wait 3 weeks until the store had any stock so he could get a replacement. Protip: Always check your presents work before Christmas!

#26 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 21 October 2012 - 15:36

I had a firmware update to do. No idea what new features it added though.

There's a changelog for all the updates here: http://en.wikipedia....system_software

Chances are you had the 3dsxl launch version(3.1.0-6).

#27 +Brando212

Brando212

Causer of disasters

• Tech Issues Solved: 10
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 21 October 2012 - 17:07

I am thinking of picking up Pokeman Black 2 once I complete OoT. Also the DS Zelda games (Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks) will be a must buy when I have the time/money.

the two DS Zelda games were alright, not the greatest IMO. I didn't like that they went full touch screen with them, link doesn't always do what you want him to do because of it

if you haven't played the GBA zelda games I'd definitely recommend picking those up from the eStore though :)

#28 The Teej

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian

Posted 21 October 2012 - 20:25

the two DS Zelda games were alright, not the greatest IMO. I didn't like that they went full touch screen with them, link doesn't always do what you want him to do because of it

if you haven't played the GBA zelda games I'd definitely recommend picking those up from the eStore though :)

100% agreed on that - Minish Cap is an absolutely fantastic game - arguably the best handheld Zelda there is (outside of the ports, you could argue Link's Awakening is the best, another fave Zelda title of mine, the one that got me into the series!).

You're absolutely going to love OoT 3D, such a fantastic amount of replay value if you're a completionist and a rather awesome surprise when you complete the game (I won't spoil it unless you know already :p)

#29 hckngrtfakt

hckngrtfakt

GFX n00b

• Phone: iPhone

Posted 22 October 2012 - 20:44

Added. mine 4554-1393-9524

Added :laugh: thanks

#30 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 22 October 2012 - 20:54

I'm glad Nintendo has finally started offering some of their retail games for download in the eShop. Maybe a response to the almighty App Store?

it's hardly a great thing considering this is Nintendo, who believe in charging as much as possible for their first party games for as long as they can possibly get away with it. All their retail titles on eShop are £39.99, more than you'll see in any sane retail store I'll be damned if I ever pay that much for a 3DS game. It usually takes a year or 3 before they even considering putting their prices down too - though then again they also said they were making a concerted effort to not cannibalize retail store sales too.

Their entire pricing structure is insane anyway, they charge between £4-£8 for 10-20 year old GBC / GB games, and £5-£9 for worthwhile bespoke eShop titles, which is hardly an ideal way to try and compete with the App Store,. Though they don't seem entirely bothered about competing with that. Apple really did screw with the pricing of software forever when they came out with the App Store, allowing everyone to have an unregulated mad rush to undercut each other in price and get the most sales by being cheap (which you'd imagine probably wouldn't have happened if independent developers weren't given so much free reign) :p

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!