Surface shipping early?

Is the Surface RT shipping early? I got a UPS Info Notice yesterday on my door. I haven't ordered anything since this preorder, so I don't know what else might be shipping that requires a signature.

I guess I will find out today.

All indications were it will ship obviously before the 26th to arrive no later than next Friday. This early? I would say no. Logon to the Microsoft Store and go to orders. Does it say it "Order in Process" or does it say "Shipped?" Did your credit card/bank get biller for it?

My guess is they ship Tuesday with 2nd Day Delivery to arrive Thursday at the earliest.

Nothing has shipped early here in the UK yet... :(

Surface with Windows RT

Price: ?479.00

Quantity: 1

Language: 32 GB with Black Touch Cover

Pre-Order 26/10/2012

@Chorpeac: so was it the surface?

Has anyone had there's ship yet? I'm in the Midwest. It's Wednesday now. It better ship today or overnighted tomorrow.

I'm confused as to why they would take so long to "ship" it. For all we(surface owners) know these things are probably in transit but Microsoft doesn't want us to know.

Gahhhh I want it already

I'm in Southern Mississippi and my order (placed on the 17th) is still in process. My original receipt says "Product release date: your order will be delivered by 10/26" so either MS is waiting until the last minute to ship overnight to make sure we get it on Friday and not earlier, or there is a true delay. I'm hoping for the former.

I just came across a suggestion over at WPCentral that allows you to track your shipment!

Go to your order page on the Microsoft Store website and take your order number (starts with MS), and just copy the numbers, excluding the "MS".

Now go to either the UPS or FedEx website (people are reporting that both carriers are being used for different shipments) and choose "Track by reference". Enter your MS order number (without the "MS") and enter in any other required details, like estimated delivery date, country, and ZIP code. If you're lucky, one of the carriers will give you the tracking number as well as the estimated delivery date and time.

• Like 2

I just came across a suggestion over at WPCentral that allows you to track your shipment!

Go to your order page on the Microsoft Store website and take your order number (starts with MS), and just copy the numbers, excluding the "MS".

Now go to either the UPS or FedEx website (people are reporting that both carriers are being used for different shipments) and choose "Track by reference". Enter your MS order number (without the "MS") and enter in any other required details, like estimated delivery date, country, and ZIP code. If you're lucky, one of the carriers will give you the tracking number as well as the estimated delivery date and time.

Thank you this work and was able to get my tracking number through FedEx. Looks like my surface is on track for delivery tomorrow!

This worked for me as well. Thank you for the info.