nasa

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,246 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 00:12

Might want to double check that link mate.

Interesting ... the NSA changed it -- worked at the time of posting. :ninja:

Philip J. Corso (May 22, 1915 – July 16, 1998) was an American Army officer.

He served in the United States Army from February 23, 1942, to March 1, 1963,[1] and earned the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.

Corso published The Day After Roswell, about how he was involved in the research of extraterrestrial technology recovered from the 1947 Roswell UFO Incident.

After joining the Army in 1942, Corso served in Army Intelligence in Europe, becoming chief of the US Counter Intelligence Corps in Rome.

Corso was on the staff of President Eisenhower's National Security Council for four years (1953–1957).

In 1961, he became Chief of the Pentagon's Foreign Technology desk in Army Research and Development, working under Lt. Gen. Arthur Trudeau.

In his book The Day After Roswell (co-author William J. Birnes) claims he stewarded extraterrestrial artifacts recovered from a crash near Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947.

Corso says a covert government group was assembled under the leadership of the first Director of Central Intelligence, Adm. Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter (see Majestic 12). Among its tasks was to collect all information on off-planet technology. The US administration simultaneously discounted the existence of flying saucers in the eyes of the public, Corso says.

According to Corso, the reverse engineering of these artifacts indirectly led to the development of accelerated particle beam devices, fiber optics, lasers, integrated circuit chips and Kevlar material.

In the book, Corso claims the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI), or "Star Wars", was meant to achieve the destructive capacity of electronic guidance systems in incoming enemy warheads, as well as the disabling of enemy spacecraft, including those of extraterrestrial origin.

http://en.wikipedia....Philip_J._Corso

#62 NightScreams

NightScreams

Neowinian

• 281 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:13

i'm highly skeptical of any books with all this so called "classified" type information that is being sold to make money.
Last time someone released highly confidential information to the public it was 1. Free of charge 2. He got put in prison.

So when the author gets put in prison for publicizing secretive information with additional charges of selling such info....then i'll have a read.

#63 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,246 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:16

^ Heaven forbid someone makes money off a book, considering we live in a money-based world. ;)

Remember too, the NSA, CIA has released 'free' disinformation, to confuse the public that pays their salaries.

#64 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,207 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:05

^ Heaven forbid someone makes money off a book, considering we live in a money-based world. ;)

Remember too, the NSA, CIA has released 'free' disinformation, to confuse the public that pays their salaries.

Exactly, meaning people will write anything that will get other people to buy it.

#65 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:11

You will never be able to prove that, but knowing the government I wouldn't be surprised a bit.

#66 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,898 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:44

According to Corso, the reverse engineering of these artifacts indirectly led to the development of accelerated particle beam devices, fiber optics, lasers, integrated circuit chips and Kevlar material.

Given the timeline of technology, I can actually see this as highly feasible. Unfortunately, "highly feasible" is the worst kind of proof, as it makes people less influenced by actual facts to think they know the 'facts'; this usually ends badly.

I've had my own experiences that justify my position with 100% confidence in my head, but sadly lack of proof makes it entirely futile to discuss.