Time for a new video card

Well I think it's finally that time. My current setup is as follows:

Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5, 6GB DDR3 1600 (triple channel), 2 ATI 4870's in crossfire

Been running great since late 2008, still plays everything I throw at it. However, I am starting to notice some significant lacking in the GPU department. I think a new video card should extend the systems life another couple of years.

I am looking to spend no more than $300; I am not interested in Crossfire/SLI this time around. I also do not care either way ATI or NVIDIA.

I have had my eyes on the EVGA Geforce 660 TI Superclock edition. I just wanted to see what Neowin had to say before I pulled the trigger.

I'd say the 660Ti should give you a nice performance boost with your current setup. What games are you playing currently that you're starting to notice some issues?

BF3, Witcher 2, Skyrim... Pretty much any high fidelity game released in the last year or so. I can play current games fine, It just takes some tweaking of the graphics settings to levels that are starting to bother me :).

Yeah my system performance seems to lower the WEI score... When I first post this post, my graphic performance is 7.4 in WEI. Now after a few graphic card driver update, I get 6.9. That is not a good sign. I, too, believe I need to update my GPU to extend my PC use.