Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview

This is the problem with IE. They tie the releases too deep and close to Windows releases. I don't get why they didn't RTM the Windows 8 and Windows 7 variant at the same time...

This is the problem with IE. They tie the releases too deep and close to Windows releases. I don't get why they didn't RTM the Windows 8 and Windows 7 variant at the same time...

Probably needs a new framework like IE9 did for Vista. Or they just felt like focusing resources on 8.

Probably needs a new framework like IE9 did for Vista. Or they just felt like focusing resources on 8.

This could have been developed in parallel as it is everywhere else, like Google; Mozilla; and Opera. It is just mind numbing to me that Microsoft still practices the backward focus on Internet Explorer being tied to a Windows release. They need to revert back to how it was in the early days where Internet Explorer was developed and released as a standalone application. They really need to iterate as fast as the competition.

I used to be an avid IE user, but can't see the point anymore. They release a new version every year or more and never update it mid-cycle unless it is a security patch.

This could have been developed in parallel as it is everywhere else, like Google; Mozilla; and Opera. It is just mind numbing to me that Microsoft still practices the backward focus on Internet Explorer being tied to a Windows release. They need to revert back to how it was in the early days where Internet Explorer was developed and released as a standalone application. They really need to iterate as fast as the competition.

I used to be an avid IE user, but can't see the point anymore. They release a new version every year or more and never update it mid-cycle unless it is a security patch.

When you dominate over 85% of the market you can do as you wish, the corporate world is still tied to the Internet Explorer, many legacy applications are forever IE6

every site on the planet is shipped ie-compatible and will keep going that until Windows crash and burn as may just happen with Windows 8, meanwhile they just can and will keep doing that, forcing you to update Windows and everything any couple of years.

When you dominate over 85% of the market you can do as you wish, the corporate world is still tied to the Internet Explorer, many legacy applications are forever IE6

every site on the planet is shipped ie-compatible and will keep going that until Windows crash and burn as may just happen with Windows 8, meanwhile they just can and will keep doing that, forcing you to update Windows and everything any couple of years.

They don't command the dominance they once did when it comes to browsers. I have come across a fair number of sites that reject to serve IE customers or prompt them to switch browsers. The rise of Chrome and Firefox should be of concern to them. Everyone I know uses either Chrome or Firefox and it doesn't matter their tech skill level.

I expected that IE10 for 7 will be out with Win8 at least but now they are almost a month late and it will be just a preview? The stupidity of this just baffles me - well not as much as the variant of IE8-9 that they put on Xbox 360 :/

how is this much different from how Apple does Safari?

how is this much different from how Apple does Safari?

Not sure your point. Some people sniff glue...

If Apple follows the same policy with Safari that MS does with IE then they are both wrong.