Lance Armstrong stripped of all seven Tour de France wins by UCI

In fact in golf it would even be less of a hindrance as they don't have to play defense and run where it would slow you down like what happened to Bonds.

Nobody said drugs did help Bonds to play defensively, run on base or hit for 300.

Do you think that he did this because of that? It was an attempt at damage control. Do you actually think that he would have admitted to it if he hadn't have been busted?

The guy is a hypocrite, liar, and a cheat.

He deserves zero respect.

I may have not made it clear that the particular comment you quoted was aimed at his supporters on Neowin, not the man himself. My apologies.

With that, I agree with your sentiments about Armstrong.

**** Lance Armstrong.

And I could give a rats ass if he did or did not dope.

What I absolutely cannot respect is for how long he vehemently denied the fact that he did.

Zero respect in my book for that alone.

And yes, he did a good thing with his fame and being a cancer survivor. He raised millions upon millions of dollars to help victims of cancer.

While very noble, that is all tainted now as well.

He is a flat out liar.

I don't think this really solved anything because there are plenty of juicers in sports, it just never gets mentioned or talked about. This hasn't really done anything besides make an example out of one man, which isn't the right thing to do. I feel if they were going to weed people out they should have looked at everybody they possibly could. All I can really think of is that he must have ****ed somebody off in the wrong place for this to happen to him. It's not like this is a shocking revelation in a world where you have to do anything to win and records get shattered constantly.

edit: really? a synonym for urinating is censored on here?

I don't think this really solved anything because there are plenty of juicers in sports, it just never gets mentioned or talked about. This hasn't really done anything besides make an example out of one man, which isn't the right thing to do. I feel if they were going to weed people out they should have looked at everybody they possibly could. All I can really think of is that he must have ****ed somebody off in the wrong place for this to happen to him. It's not like this is a shocking revelation in a world where you have to do anything to win and records get shattered constantly.

edit: really? a synonym for urinating is censored on here?

You don't see it get talked about as much because they weren't as famous and they didn't do it as successfully nor as ruthlessly. Seven Tour de France titles is a lot. He's not the only one that gets accused, banned, stripped of titles etc... but he is the most famous one. Yes, they try to after everyone. Just looking on wiki, 'doping and Tour de France' and you see how dirty this sport is.

Armstrong has just been stripped of his Olympic bronze he got from the 2000 Sydney games.

Firstly, the expression is "couldn't care less". Secondly, he didn't win - he was stripped of the titles. Sure he out-raced the other dopers but recognising that is like giving a kid an award for good behaviour because they only stabbed three other class mates, rather than four or five.

I think the attitude expressed by many Americans here highlights the real cultural issue - that it's considered better to cheat and win (even if that award is later stripped from you and you are disgraced) than to play fair and come second. It's a very arrogant philosophy but it's rife in US sports and culture in general. It reminds me of the US coach during the 2012 Olympics who accused a Chinese athlete of cheating even though there was absolutely no evidence to support it - it's the mentality that nobody could possibly beat them legitimately therefore they must be cheating. It's simply bad sportsmanship.

Absolutely agree.

**** Lance Armstrong.

And I could give a rats ass if he did or did not dope.

What I absolutely cannot respect is for how long he vehemently denied the fact that he did.

Zero respect in my book for that alone.

And yes, he did a good thing with his fame and being a cancer survivor. He raised millions upon millions of dollars to help victims of cancer.

While very noble, that is all tainted now as well.

He is a flat out liar.

Actually, if you look into the finances of Livestrong most of the money that they brought in went to Lance and his shameless self-promotion.

So basically, he's an all around ****ty person.

gonna watch part 2 tonight but i dont expect lance to offer us anything new...