Attn web devs - paid job - whatever the cost

Question

Hi there,

A guy in work mentioned he wanted a website developed, brief description below:

He is a manager for a few dj's around Europe and people book them for events etc all around Europe, pay for there travel etc.

His current point of contact is Facebook but wants a website made as an alternative.

It would need to include photos of events, videos, separate pages for each artist, sound clips etc

Also he said he would like a way for people to view when the dj's are available on certain dates etc

He asked me but I haven't done anything web dev based in ages so wouldn't so it but he doesn't care about the cost, just wants a functional, fun website. :)

So if anyone would want to take this job on can you pm me or post on here a way for him to contact you in regards to prices etc to get the process going. Thanks

7 answers to this question

Hey again.

Talked to him again today, and the site has to include this info:

Page for each artist

Photos

Videos

Sound clips

Bio of artists

Simple guest book page

Simple contact page for people to reach him.

So it's not very complex at all but I am not very good lol

Would anyone be interested or have websites/emails for him to contact you on to discuss it further?

Thanks

I might be interested; depends on how much he's willing to off-set on design costs, as I don't do graphics but I work with a nearby graphics studio (literally right next to me) so I'd have them do the design and I'd do the development. Catch is, they aren't cheap :p

hey my team can do this! affordable, quick and quality! i am an RSPCA web developer www.rspcareptilerescue.co.uk

JUST started redoing our site so its not 100% upto scratch with the portfolio and such but give it a look www.silverpenguins.co.uk we

Hi there,

So if anyone would want to take this job on can you pm me or post on here a way for him to contact you in regards to prices etc to get the process going. Thanks

basically this job sounds easy and wont cost much gimme a PM

Hey again.

Talked to him again today, and the site has to include this info:

Page for each artist

Photos

Videos

Sound clips

Bio of artists

Simple guest book page

Simple contact page for people to reach him.

So it's not very complex at all but I am not very good lol

Would anyone be interested or have websites/emails for him to contact you on to discuss it further?

Thanks

This is just my 2c to cut costs unless your client is willing to more or less pay to host there sites because they WILL take advantage.

Videos - not needed they can be uploaded to utube, there own site or elsewhere with links

Soundclips - Use soundcloud or similar

Bio of artist/Dj - should be on there profile page, plus more can always be found on there main site if they dont have one fb page/group etc

Contact page - again can be done via fb, myspace etc

The suggestions above are not needed it saves server space, bandwidth and extra coding thats not required. The Dj's i know all have there own sites, myspace pages, fb pages/groups and then are signed to an agent with links to videos, mixes, etc on other sites like i said it cuts costs plus you never know what the dj's are going to upload and hw much and link it to where.

Thanks very much guys!!!

Anyone who pm'd me I passed on your websites and email addresses so he should email soon.

Everyone else I will also pass details on, I don't think cost is an option, he just wants it done and has mentioned specifically about wanting a really "wow" design so maybe the design team(external) above would meet his needs as well.

Feel free anyone to pm and I will pass details on, thanks. :)