PS3 LV0 Keys Leak!... New CFW Coming Soon

According to some Spanish forums, the LV0 Keys of the PS3 Firmware have been posted online!

There are already 2 new reported Custom Firmwares, Rogero CFW 4.21 and Austaqui CFW 4.25.

Testers and sceners around the world are testing the new released custom firmwares.

Would be awesome to see PROPER custom firmware on a PS3 develop emulation possibilities, but besides that my days of modding consoles seem to be over. I have far too much money invested in my PS3 account, and it's online capabilities, to ever make the mistake I made with my 360 (got it banned).

That and I've grown up and out of my days of gaming "testingbeforebuying". It's my hobby and I happily spend money when I can on games that are in the sales. The gaming industry has grown exponentially over the last 5 years, and I can easily find a bunch of detailed reviews (video as well on YouTube) of new games before I buy.

It also helps that PS3MediaServer will play anything I throw at it, and in glorious DTS or HD audio for my receiver. I will admit if Sony didn't have as robust a media experience, I wouldn't be as satisfied. MKV support means little to me these days with how PS3MediaServer can seamlessly remux/transcode anything. It works for me, my PC/PS3 are all hard wired to my router, so I can't complain really.

As long as Sony find a way to keep/ban custom PS3s off of PSN I'll not bother myself with caring what others do these days (used to be quite vocal about it, but I now concede it's a waste of my time) - I simply do not want cheaters/exploiters playing alongside me or messing up my experience.

As Audio says, I won't mind this as long as Sony finds a way to keep them off my online games.

If this breaks into my enjoyment of the game though, because of hacks or whatever, I'll be a sad panda.

As Audio says, I won't mind this as long as Sony finds a way to keep them off my online games.

If this breaks into my enjoyment of the game though, because of hacks or whatever, I'll be a sad panda.

People on the old CFW were already online unfortunately. Sony doesn't seem to be able to stop them

People on the old CFW were already online unfortunately. Sony doesn't seem to be able to stop them

Did they get back on? I thought it was locked out. I guess with the old FW things weren't as open, but full scale custom FW will I assume lead to modders running ANY applications or code they want (therefore endless cheating/exploiting possibilities). I guess that's why it's more important this time around Sony find a way to detect that doesn't infringe on our privacy.

MS managed to do it and it seemed almost banproof on the 360 (1:1 cloned discs) - Where as I assume many might try ISO loaders here bypassing the BR drive completely. I'll leave it up to the PSN monkeys to find a way :p All they need to do is hack some PS3s up in the office with CW and compare the differences when running on PSN? No? :p

Yes. People were online. What they could not do was to play all games available. Now with the new keys, they are able to sign all games with the 4.25 keys, and even play them on the 3.55 cfw that were already online.

Did they get back on? I thought it was locked out. I guess with the old FW things weren't as open, but full scale custom FW will I assume lead to modders running ANY applications or code they want (therefore endless cheating/exploiting possibilities). I guess that's why it's more important this time around Sony find a way to detect that doesn't infringe on our privacy.

MS managed to do it and it seemed almost banproof on the 360 (1:1 cloned discs) - Where as I assume many might try ISO loaders here bypassing the BR drive completely. I'll leave it up to the PSN monkeys to find a way :p All they need to do is hack some PS3s up in the office with CW and compare the differences when running on PSN? No? :p

I?m in quite a different situation. I never bought in to any of the console?s digital distribution systems, so I?d gladly trade PSN for the ability to store my games on a hard drive and not have to worry about switching disks or turn my PS3 into a more full feature HTPC. Then again I?ve gravitated towards PC gaming recently, so the point could be moot.

To each their own, I suppose.

I?m in quite a different situation. I never bought in to any of the console?s digital distribution systems, so I?d gladly trade PSN for the ability to store my games on a hard drive and not have to worry about switching disks or turn my PS3 into a more full feature HTPC. Then again I?ve gravitated towards PC gaming recently, so the point could be moot.

To each their own, I suppose.

That's why they started doing the full digital releases day 1 on PSN as well - A lot of new games get a digital release. If you're from America the value seems okay, same price if not a little cheaper than retail. In the UK however our games market is that competitive no one EVER pays RRP. EA also seem to think they can charge ?54.99 for some new releases... yeah okay EA.

That's why they started doing the full digital releases day 1 on PSN as well - A lot of new games get a digital release. If you're from America the value seems okay, same price if not a little cheaper than retail. In the UK however our games market is that competitive no one EVER pays RRP. EA also seem to think they can charge ?54.99 for some new releases... yeah okay EA.

I buy used, and like I said, I never got invested in a console DD service.

I'm hoping with the revitalization of the PS3's homebrew scene we see some more homebrew software. Would love to see someone port some remote desktop software ala VNC.

Never cared for PSN and what it has to offer.

Happy that i got my games running from HDD and using a decent media player without the need for internet/PC just to watch various media files.

My PS3 Slim is an undowngradeable version, it's currently running 4.25, if they ever bring a 4.30 CFW would I be able to upgrade or do you still need a 3.55 console to upgrade, if so what is the point of LV0 if the system is "wide open" surely I should be able to freely move between versions?

I'm wondering if they obtained the information through the PSN Store software upgrade. The timing seems oddly coincidental.

My PS3 Slim is an undowngradeable version, it's currently running 4.25, if they ever bring a 4.30 CFW would I be able to upgrade or do you still need a 3.55 console to upgrade, if so what is the point of LV0 if the system is "wide open" surely I should be able to freely move between versions?

from my understanding you need a 3.55 version still , as they are unable to get the private keys needed for signing firmware and installing it on higher then 3.55

I'm wondering if they obtained the information through the PSN Store software upgrade. The timing seems oddly coincidental.

They have apparently known this information for quite a while, but have only now released is as an Chinese company were trying to sell chips/dongles using their knowledge and information, so rather than people make money off their work they have released it in to the wild.

This is what happened:

1. Someone developed a CFW called Bluedisk 4.25

2. That CFW asked you for a key to unlock eid0, so they were thinking to charge you for each key they gave.

3. Someone broke their security, and the keys were no needed.

4. Some tweaks were made, so you could be able to load latest games.

5. With the CFW opened, keys were published.

This is what happened:

1. Someone developed a CFW called Bluedisk 4.25

2. That CFW asked you for a key to unlock eid0, so they were thinking to charge you for each key they gave.

3. Someone broke their security, and the keys were no needed.

4. Some tweaks were made, so you could be able to load latest games.

5. With the CFW opened, keys were published.

That's not what happened. Someone leaked the keys and tried to profit from the leak. The Three Musketeers have known the lv0 keys for awhile now.

That's not what happened. Someone leaked the keys and tried to profit from the leak. The Three Musketeers have known the lv0 keys for awhile now.

Then...How can you profit from keys already leaked??