Gaming mouse recommendations?

I have a Logitech G9 and yes its a decent mouse, the G9 was sent to me as a replacement for the G7 which was wireless but also had a design fault that the battery's only lasted a few hours in the end, sometimes only an hour after a full charge so i opted for a nice wired one for replacement as i didnt want that happening again plus being able to weight is nice as i like a heavy mouse.

I only have a few issues...

1. I im unable to reach the "forward" button when i hold the mouse and play games (forward thumb button back one is fine)

2. Wire can sometimes be annoying but 95% of the time its fine and does not bother me.

3. Its a little lighter than the G7 which had perfect weight for me, but then it did have that battery

Pros:

You can set up custom profiles i think it stores three, i dont know as ive not touched them in years plus i had two that were the same as i sometimes switched during heavy game play. Even though its not as heavy as the G7 its still a decent good weight and as others have said will last for years, ive basically ahd it since the release date (few months after it was released if im honest). I even let my mate use it and he's a Razor fan and he said it was decent but he liked the Mamba so got that. Oh yes the wheel also has two settings super fast (good for long documents) and a slow click. Never liked the razor if im honest think they are over priced and yes i know im prob spelling it wrong im too lazy to check and correct though.

Cosair M60. That paired with the Corsair K90 keyboard are the best combo for gaming I've ever owned (and thanks to neowin for the reviews).

Yea I just decided on the Logitech G500, looked the comfiest to use. Thanks for the recommendation Xendrome.

Same mouse I replaced my Razer Imperator with.

Good to see you didn't go with a Razer product....they look nice but they have crappy quality control, I've replaced a Razer keyboard, headphones and mouse with other brands (Deck keyboard, Logitech mouse and Corsair headphones) and I'm glad to be away from Razer stuff. Every Razer product I've owned had issues with it, I've owned the replacements for twice as long as the Razer products and haven't had a single issue with any of them.

That being said, the G500 is the best mouse I've owned so far, so it should serve you well.....will almost definitely buy another Logitech mouse when this one needs replacing.

Hi there,

My current Microsoft Sidewinder X8 is on it's way out from old age and I'm looking at replacing it, ideally something wireless, big and chunky (My hands are big and chunky for strangling Badgers). Also some buttons for changing buttons for the sensitivity on the fly would be very handy (My sidewinder has 3 setting buttons on top)

gaming + wireless mouse is a bad idea. I'd just find a good solid mouse

Wholeheartedly agree

I have a Logitech G9 and yes its a decent mouse, the G9 was sent to me as a replacement for the G7 which was wireless but also had a design fault that the battery's only lasted a few hours in the end, sometimes only an hour after a full charge so i opted for a nice wired one for replacement as i didnt want that happening again plus being able to weight is nice as i like a heavy mouse.

I only have a few issues...

1. I im unable to reach the "forward" button when i hold the mouse and play games (forward thumb button back one is fine)

2. Wire can sometimes be annoying but 95% of the time its fine and does not bother me.

3. Its a little lighter than the G7 which had perfect weight for me, but then it did have that battery

Pros:

You can set up custom profiles i think it stores three, i dont know as ive not touched them in years plus i had two that were the same as i sometimes switched during heavy game play. Even though its not as heavy as the G7 its still a decent good weight and as others have said will last for years, ive basically ahd it since the release date (few months after it was released if im honest). I even let my mate use it and he's a Razor fan and he said it was decent but he liked the Mamba so got that. Oh yes the wheel also has two settings super fast (good for long documents) and a slow click. Never liked the razor if im honest think they are over priced and yes i know im prob spelling it wrong im too lazy to check and correct though.

Put weights in your G9 then. They should have come with several.

Logitech G9X.

I love how many are coming forward with this. Logitech has come out with several mice since the G9 and I am glad they continued with the G9x. This topic is making me want to directly write them about it.

The mouse I had before, the Sidewinder X8 was lag free. There was literally no difference between wired and wireless with it.

The mouse I had before, the Sidewinder X8 was lag free. There was literally no difference between wired and wireless with it.

Really depends on the game, you will indeed notice a difference in twitchier games than in most others

Put weights in your G9 then. They should have come with several.

I did, all the heaviest ones still seems light compared to the G7 though, as i said it would of been the weight of the battery.

• 2 months later...

I also have the MadCatz R.A.T 7, has been a great mouse. Bought it as I own Mad Catz Cyborg 7 keyboard.

Had the 2010 Mamba before this.