• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 NightScreams

NightScreams

Neowinian

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:45

I love my G9x
Love cannot be understated here.
...just avoid the Mamba..eats batterie life like candy, not that great feeling of a mouse, too pricey for what it is and its really annoying to have to charge it on the dock while you want to use your computer..i always kept it hooked up directly to wired, defeating the purpose.

#17 Earthworm Jim

Earthworm Jim

Whoa, Nelly !

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:24

Mamba.

#18 Soham

Soham

Neowin's Mogulel

Posted 29 October 2012 - 00:26

mionix naos 5000

#19 CronicHazel

CronicHazel

Neowinian

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:37

if you want a large mouse, go with a Logitech offering or the CM Storm options =)

Razer quality has a bad rep, but they do make amazing mice with awesome clicking and awesome sensors

#20 Jaybonaut

Jaybonaut

Neowinian

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:17

I love my G9x
Love cannot be understated here.
...just avoid the Mamba..eats batterie life like candy, not that great feeling of a mouse, too pricey for what it is and its really annoying to have to charge it on the dock while you want to use your computer..i always kept it hooked up directly to wired, defeating the purpose.

Yep, I keep mentioning how unimpressive the G9 and G9x look, but trust us, they are fantastic and last for years.

#21 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:41

Just a general tip. Make sure any mouse you choose is as light as possible. RSI and Carpal tunnel will stay away.

#22 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:44

I used to have the Razor naga for gaming, until I moved to Win8, and their software gave me issue. Moved to Logitech G600, and never look back.

#23 +Byté

Byté

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 10 November 2012 - 13:25

A have always been a massive Logitech fan, i have had a MX-510, MX-518 (two of these) and a G500

HOWEVER, i recently switched to a Razer Deathadder and it is so comfortable its brilliant, i also like the anti slip coating they put on it. It looks the part to!

#24 Asrokhel

Asrokhel

Neowinian

• OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (testing to see if I keep it or go back to Windows 7)

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:32

I've got the Cooler Master Storm Sentinel Advance II, and I'm loving it!

HOWEVER, i recently switched to a Razer Deathadder and it is so comfortable its brilliant, i also like the anti slip coating they put on it. It looks the part to!

I had a Razer mouse, it lasted less than a year, the keyboard lasted just over 2 years. I am done with Razer hardware. The only Razer product I will get is that second generation Destructor mousepad they've just come out with.

#25 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• Tech Issues Solved: 13

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:42

G500 - http://www.amazon.co...1&keywords=G500

#26 Xoligy

Xoligy

Neowinian

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:59

I have a Logitech G9 and yes its a decent mouse, the G9 was sent to me as a replacement for the G7 which was wireless but also had a design fault that the battery's only lasted a few hours in the end, sometimes only an hour after a full charge so i opted for a nice wired one for replacement as i didnt want that happening again plus being able to weight is nice as i like a heavy mouse.

I only have a few issues...
1. I im unable to reach the "forward" button when i hold the mouse and play games (forward thumb button back one is fine)
2. Wire can sometimes be annoying but 95% of the time its fine and does not bother me.
3. Its a little lighter than the G7 which had perfect weight for me, but then it did have that battery

Pros:
You can set up custom profiles i think it stores three, i dont know as ive not touched them in years plus i had two that were the same as i sometimes switched during heavy game play. Even though its not as heavy as the G7 its still a decent good weight and as others have said will last for years, ive basically ahd it since the release date (few months after it was released if im honest). I even let my mate use it and he's a Razor fan and he said it was decent but he liked the Mamba so got that. Oh yes the wheel also has two settings super fast (good for long documents) and a slow click. Never liked the razor if im honest think they are over priced and yes i know im prob spelling it wrong im too lazy to check and correct though.

#27 OP McKay

McKay

Worth the weight

• Phone: Xperia Z3

Posted 10 November 2012 - 16:12

OP have you made a purchase?

Yea I just decided on the Logitech G500, looked the comfiest to use. Thanks for the recommendation Xendrome.

#28 +patseguin

patseguin

Neowin Addict

• Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 10 November 2012 - 16:19

Cosair M60. That paired with the Corsair K90 keyboard are the best combo for gaming I've ever owned (and thanks to neowin for the reviews).

#29 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 November 2012 - 16:20

Yea I just decided on the Logitech G500, looked the comfiest to use. Thanks for the recommendation Xendrome.

Same mouse I replaced my Razer Imperator with.

Good to see you didn't go with a Razer product....they look nice but they have crappy quality control, I've replaced a Razer keyboard, headphones and mouse with other brands (Deck keyboard, Logitech mouse and Corsair headphones) and I'm glad to be away from Razer stuff. Every Razer product I've owned had issues with it, I've owned the replacements for twice as long as the Razer products and haven't had a single issue with any of them.

That being said, the G500 is the best mouse I've owned so far, so it should serve you well.....will almost definitely buy another Logitech mouse when this one needs replacing.

#30 Asrokhel

Asrokhel

Neowinian

• OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (testing to see if I keep it or go back to Windows 7)

Posted 10 November 2012 - 16:21

You should take a look at the Cooler Master Storm Sentinel Advance II before you make a final choice.

Posted Image

Here are some of the features:

Posted Image