Dragon Age III: Inquisition details

New Dragon Age III: Inquisition details

BioWare brought along some new details about Dragon Age III: Inquisition to the Edmonton Comic and Entertainment Expo earlier today. Creative director Mike Laidlaw and other members of the team spoke about customization, save imports, the scope of the project, and more.

Producer Cameron Lee was also in attendance and was able to provide information discussed at the event via Twitter. He also snapped a couple of art concept photos shown to attendees, but they?re a bit blurry. You can nonetheless view the images as well as details concerning Dragon Age III below.

DA3_Concept_1-1024x576.jpg

DA3_Concept_2-1024x546.jpg

DA3_Concept_3-1024x611.jpg

- Cinematic designer Jon Perry said this is the longest pre-production he?s had on the game compared to any other BioWare project

- Castle control teased

- One level in the game is as big as all of Dragon Age II?s levels

- Customization will have a better focus than in Origins

- Will feature follower customization

- When asked how much control you?ll have over your character, Mike said ?you will be human?

- ?backgrounds will be in DA3 even though you will be human, it?s not playable but it does significant impact on the story?

- Regarding save game imports, players will be able to bring choices across

- The team is investigating some ways without save imports

- Flemeth teased for the game

Alright if you get back to some semblence of the original story eg involving Flemeth as mentioned, i'll give you a third chance. To an extent bioware should be able to pull this off, they already sufficiently disappointed us in DA2 so the bar is set pretty low.

I'm afraid that little more than a year might not be enough for a quality release. Perhaps now they have the technology and have the capability (hurr durr) to do this. I'll keep being a little sceptical for now.

I hope Inon Zur will keep scoring the series. DA2 eastern soundtrack was ok. Reuse of themes from Origins was not ok - great on its own it didn't fit. Now, inquisition of mages for the fast pacing marches and the demise of the mighty Orlesian Empire for darker themes seems to be perfect setting for pieces Inon Zur is so well known for.

Good that they're probably changing art style back from that comic crap to something whatever that is now. I bet that Frostbite will provide truly awesome sights unseen even in Skyrim. Modding potential will be even more limited, though.

The only open question then - what of the pacing? Still the fast cling-clang slasher or back to tactical combat.