• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#16 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,647 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 16:07

http://www.examiner....urs-to-complete

Ubisoft’s “Assassin’s Creed III” is set to be released on October 30 for Xbox 360 andPS3, meanwhile the Nintendo Wii U will launch with “Assassin’s Creed III” on November 18.

As the game release nears, additional information regarding the game’s length has been shared on Friday evening.

According to CD-Action, a Polish video game magazine, “Assassin’s Creed III” should provide a fairly lengthy adventure for those who buy the game next week.

An Ubisoft forum user named ‘1 Khasim 1’ has shared details from the latest issue od CD-Actionwhich claims “Assassin’s Creed III” is 20 hours long in terms of story length. Additionally, completion of all side missions will add an extra 20 hours of game time – so in the general area of 40 hours total.

‘1 Khasim 1’ posted on the Ubisoft forum:

The journalist claims that the main quests in AC3 takes around 20 hours, and completing all the side missions and challenges should last another 20 hours

Yesterday, Ubisoft announced that “Assassin’s Creed III” is the highest pre-ordered game in Ubisoft history with the game bringing in double the pre-orders of “Assassin’s Creed Revelations”

#17 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,425 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:07

Roughly 40 hours? I'm good with that.

#18 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,200 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 28 October 2012 - 16:13

Days are taking too long. lol. Can't wait!

#19 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,425 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 18:30

IGN: 8.5
IGN Users: 9.4
Metacritic: 84 (xbox 360) & 89 (PS3)
Metacritic Users (both consoles): 8.0

Possibly playing this evening.

#20 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 18:35

IGN: 8.5
IGN Users: 9.4
Metacritic: 84 (xbox 360) & 89 (PS3)
Metacritic Users (both consoles): 8.0

Possibly playing this evening.

Those are some reliable reviews. :rolleyes:
You have paid reviews by IGN
IGN fan boy reviews.
Gamed reviews on Metacritic
and Metacritic fanboys

#21 devBrian

devBrian

Neowinian Senior

• 2,148 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 18:37

IGN fan boy reviews.
and Metacritic fanboys

Sounds like to me you've already got it in your head to dislike the game (though I could be wrong?)

#22 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,425 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 18:37

IGN fan boy reviews.
and Metacritic fanboys

:( I was getting to the list of others, just pausing between classes, but agreed.

#23 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 18:40

Sounds like to me you've already got it in your head to dislike the game (though I could be wrong?)

How do you figure that exactly?

#24 devBrian

devBrian

Neowinian Senior

• 2,148 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 18:42

How do you figure that exactly?

Quoting 'fanboys' on the user reviews made it sound like anyone giving it a good review is simply a fanboy. What if the user reviews were trashing it? What's the point of user reviews at all if they're just discounted as fanboy drivel?

As a note, I'm neutral on the AC series and am waiting for more reviews before I make a purchase decision. Just wondering why people discount user reviews so fervently (I know there are a lot of trolls on Metacritic, but they're generally on MMO or Sports games.).

Another note... I run a site similar in spirit to IGN, that allows registered user reviews. How would you suggest I go about making user reviews more credible? I'm really interested in this subject.

#25 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 18:49

Quoting 'fanboys' on the user reviews made it sound like anyone giving it a good review is simply a fanboy. What if the user reviews were trashing it? What's the point of user reviews at all if they're just discounted as fanboy drivel?

As a note, I'm neutral on the AC series and am waiting for more reviews before I make a purchase decision. Just wondering why people discount user reviews so fervently (I know there are a lot of trolls on Metacritic, but they're generally on MMO or Sports games.).

Have you read any of the user reviews?
Here's a good example:
"AC3 is a all new AC Experience, it has a Read Dead Redemption feeling and the best things that you love on AC series. You watch the trailers, demos and theres no surprise, it is amazing like you saw by Ubisoft. Maybe GOTY 2012."

#26 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,425 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 18:50

This, and thank you. Also, I'm rather neutral on the series though I will admit I was looking forward to this, as were 2 of my roommates. However, as college students for the time being it came down to this, or Halo 4. AC3 promises to be interesting and I love single player - but! Nothing is going to out-shine the Single player of Halo 4, its brilliant new graphics - hopeful about its new gameplay, FPS multiplayer together. All of this spoken from someone who hasn't enjoyed Halo since 2, and truthfully since Combat Evolved (though I did buy the 10 yr Anniversary :) ). So, back on topic, this will need to drop in price and have more positive reviews as my only prior experience (though enjoyable) was with AC:Revelations.

#27 devBrian

devBrian

Neowinian Senior

• 2,148 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 18:54

Have you read any of the user reviews?
Here's a good example:
"AC3 is a all new AC Experience, it has a Read Dead Redemption feeling and the best things that you love on AC series. You watch the trailers, demos and theres no surprise, it is amazing like you saw by Ubisoft. Maybe GOTY 2012."

I don't see anything terribly wrong with that review. It may be short, but I'm not expecting fantastic pieces of literature from user reviews. AC3 does look good in trailers, and could quite possibly compete for GOTY. Nothing shocking there.

Would you prefer if all user reviews were from people who have no previous experience with the games? Assassin's Creed is a (generally) well received series. I expect there to be fans of the game, and while that may sway someone's opinion a bit, why is that such a problem? I can't think of any game that wouldn't be affected by something like this. You may as well throw reviews out the window entirely and form your own opinions, I think. Maybe it's a personal thing, but I like to see a general consensus on something before I make a purchase decision. One thing I would like to see from most sites with user reviews is disallowing them until ~40 or so hours after the game is released to allow for the initial high to wear off, or for the user to complete the game. I am considering implementing something like this with my site, however I do feel like I would get some backlash for it. :)

Not picking a fight, just looking for some discourse as I see it's a comment that pops up regularly.

By the way, I'm interested in what you think of pre-ordering games.

#28 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 19:18

What drives me nuts is that any popular-franchise game gets ridiculously high ratings whether the game deserves it or not.
Some of the reviews for AC3 are outright embarrassing. :|

Here's a good example:

G4 TV

Oct 30, 2012

There is so much story, so much multiplayer, and so much stuff to do that your average 10 hour game should be terribly ashamed of itself. In this economy, you can't do better than Assassins Creed III.

#29 freedonX

freedonX

Neowinian

• 146 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 19:34

What do you guys think of jumping directly into AC III, I've been thinking finally buying a PS3, and there's the superslim with a 500GB and AC III for $300, I think it's a good deal.

Will I still enjoy the game without playing the rest?

#30 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 19:41

What do you guys think of jumping directly into AC III, I've been thinking finally buying a PS3, and there's the superslim with a 500GB and AC III for $300, I think it's a good deal.

Will I still enjoy the game without playing the rest?

If you enjoy jumping on things and stabbing people, sure.