Photo

Assassin's Creed III

official assassins creed iii ubisoft montreal ubisoft anvilnext pc ps3 xbox 360 wii u

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31 thefonz

thefonz

Neowinian

• 1,404 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 19:42

Yeah you can do that - watch the IGN 5min video and you're sorted.

On my part, I was JUST getting into Borderlands 2 and now this comes out??
Sigh...not enough time for all the wonderful games.

Definately picking it up today though when the shops open :)

#32 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,769 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 19:43

What do you guys think of jumping directly into AC III, I've been thinking finally buying a PS3, and there's the superslim with a 500GB and AC III for $300, I think it's a good deal.

Will I still enjoy the game without playing the rest?

Yes, this game is made so new guys can jump in and still understand what is going on most of the time and enjoy the experience.
Obviously you won't enjoy as much as people who followed the series. How about picking up the Assassins Creed Collection for PS3 too. Skip the first game and play the rest.

#33 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

• 5,238 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 19:49

When is Ubisoft going to get it right and release the PC version at the same time as the console versions? I have yet to see them mention a valid excuse as to why they do this.

#34 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,799 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 20:01

What do you guys think of jumping directly into AC III, I've been thinking finally buying a PS3, and there's the superslim with a 500GB and AC III for $300, I think it's a good deal.

Will I still enjoy the game without playing the rest?

Maybe.

The gameplay with Connor should be fine, but you'll completely be lost on the gameplay as Desmond, history of the Templars v. Assassins, Subject 16. Lucy, Desmond's backstory, Altair's story after AC1, why Desmond and the present-day group are in Upstate New York, etc.....

You can miss out on the first one if you at least just watch a video summary. It sets the stage for a few things, but you won't completely lose out.

You can also pick up the Ezio Trilogy (ACII, AC:Brotherhood, AC: Revelations) for around $30 and catch up on the rest.

#35 devBrian

devBrian

Neowinian Senior

• 2,150 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 20:23

Do yourself a favor and play 1, 2, Brotherhood and Revelations. The latter two may not be as interesting, but they're at least relevant, decent games.

#36 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,618 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 20:27

When is Ubisoft going to get it right and release the PC version at the same time as the console versions? I have yet to see them mention a valid excuse as to why they do this.

Does it really matter? It's not ninety days, it's not 180 days, it's not going to kill anyone.

#37 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,799 posts

Those are some reliable reviews. :rolleyes:
You have paid reviews by IGN
IGN fan boy reviews.
Gamed reviews on Metacritic
and Metacritic fanboys

1) If the best Ubi could pay for was an 8.5, they need to back off the promotional material and shellout some more cash to critics.

2) What exactly are "gamed" reviews?

#38 mokthraka

mokthraka

Neowinian Senior

• 3,682 posts

Am I the only one who is finding the game buggy? I've had to restart a few times and I've played it for an hour and a half only.

#39 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,799 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 20:28

Am I the only one who is finding the game buggy? I've had to restart a few times and I've played it for an hour and a half only.

Heard about some bugs from people who got the game early and one of the reviewers. Supposed to be a day 1 patch to fix most of them,

#40 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

• 5,238 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 20:37

Does it really matter? It's not ninety days, it's not 180 days, it's not going to kill anyone.

I didn't say it was going to kill anyone, but it seems somewhat rude to me that they release some platforms earlier than others for no reason. They are basically sitting there with the PC version and not letting it go out to their PC fans. If it's because the PC version is not done, then hold on to the console version for another 20 days and release all versions of it at one time. It wouldn't kill console players to wait nearly another month for the same game.

#41 mokthraka

mokthraka

Neowinian Senior

• 3,682 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 20:50

Heard about some bugs from people who got the game early and one of the reviewers. Supposed to be a day 1 patch to fix most of them,

still having problems. It tells me I need to shoot guards where there aren't any. It's annoying.

#42 mokthraka

mokthraka

Neowinian Senior

• 3,682 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 21:06

I didn't say it was going to kill anyone, but it seems somewhat rude to me that they release some platforms earlier than others for no reason. They are basically sitting there with the PC version and not letting it go out to their PC fans. If it's because the PC version is not done, then hold on to the console version for another 20 days and release all versions of it at one time. It wouldn't kill console players to wait nearly another month for the same game.

so it's unfair you have to wait. But fair to make them wait.

#43 freedonX

freedonX

Neowinian

• 146 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 21:11

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. I'll consider the EZIO trilogoy.

Do yourself a favor and play 1, 2, Brotherhood and Revelations. The latter two may not be as interesting, but they're at least relevant, decent games.

My issue is...time, I don't have as much time to play games as before. As an example, it took me a bit more than a month to finish God of War 1 and another month for GoW 2. (which I need to consider buying GoW3 of course)

#44 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

• 5,238 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 21:24

so it's unfair you have to wait. But fair to make them wait.

That's not what I said, way to twist my words to fit your point.

It's unfair that PC gamers have to wait longer than console gamers to get the same game, but it's perfectly fair to make console gamers wait just as long as PC gamers do to get the same game when PC gamers get it (as opposed to releasing it early to console gamers and saying F- YOU PC Gamers, you will wait).

#45 devBrian

devBrian

Neowinian Senior

• 2,150 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 21:24

AC games aren't really that long if you don't do the collection stuff and just do the story. I know your pain though.