• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:41

I've seen a lot of people complaining online that it is too "difficult" to get money in this game. My brother even whines about it.

I'm 100% sure the game shows you how to use the Stockpile/Crafting/Trading system via convoys. Digging around in that for more than 5 minutes should give you the idea of how it is used, at least it did for me. After doing naval missions and upgrading your homestead, of course, you will allow yourself to make more money. Specifically, Naval Convoys rather than land.

Anyway, I make around £60,000 every half hour or so I actively bother with it. I've pretty much stopped because I have a ridiculous amount of money. Just send off all of your convoys with a ton of pelts. Wolf, Beaver, and Bear pelts are the best. Here is an example of one Naval Convoy load with Bear and Beaver Pelts that I send out:

(The 0% tax is from completing all of the forts in game. The lowered risk is from doing Naval mission routes.)

Posted Image

#62 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• 1,704 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 04 November 2012 - 14:39

I didn't do any of the crafting or naval stuff till after I beat the game and I had around 90,000 just from looting bodies and getting all the chests.

#63 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,762 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:57

I just upgraded all my convoys and even with a 10% risk factor i still find myself running to the frontier to defend my convoy!

Loving the game so far, only just made it to
Spoiler
. I've been doing side missions and everything else.

I do agree with some reviews though. Connor is a bore. Maybe because we were spoilt before with Ezio.

#64 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:51

I just upgraded all my convoys and even with a 10% risk factor i still find myself running to the frontier to defend my convoy!

Loving the game so far, only just made it to

Spoiler
. I've been doing side missions and everything else.

I do agree with some reviews though. Connor is a bore. Maybe because we were spoilt before with Ezio.

I don't think Connor is a bore per-say I think the game writing and passage of time is what is making it lackluster. It seems like after every sequence you see (not really a big spoiler, but just in case people don't want to know this information yet)
Spoiler

Big spoiler:
Spoiler

End rant.

#65 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,762 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 20:53

Finished the game and i can't believe i actually managed to finish it. The game was buggy, some missions were ridiculous, i would just randomly fail them for no reason. The supposed side missions were rubbish. I was hoping for more in depth side missions that flesh out the era a bit more and make Connor more likeable. Ok i admit towards the end he did grow on me but up until then, i could care less about him.

The worst thing about this game is the ending.
Pretty much agree with everything Perfect72 said.
Spoiler

The fighting system while they said it was completely redesigned. It was almost the same as other games except the collision detection and camera are worse. Which ultimately made it a chore sometimes.

I love the AC series but this game was a massive let down and not even close to game of the year. I would even put it close to worst game of the year, mainly because of how much i loved the other games. While Revelations was regarded a weak, i still thought it was good. Interesting story and it worked.
They said ages ago that they know where the story is going and how Desmond's story ends, seriously is this how they wanted his story to end. Past games at the end of each game i had a load of questions and was interested where it was going next. Now i really could care less.

arghhh it is actually making me angry thinking about the game.

#66 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,785 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 14:58

Spoiler

Spoiler

#67 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,785 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:08

I think the backstory on the multiplayer is even more brilliant than the single-player.

#68 Steffan

Steffan

Neowinian Senior

• 3,027 posts
  • Phone: Note 3

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:13

The multiplayer got a major overhaul. Very impressed with it.

#69 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,207 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:42

anyone know where the save files are held for pc?

#70 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 21:30

I absolutely hate the chase sequence at the end of the game. Just wanted to complain, good day all :)

#71 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,785 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 21:48

Posted Image

#72 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,762 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 21:59

I absolutely hate the chase sequence at the end of the game. Just wanted to complain, good day all :)

I agree, i wanted to throw my controller so much. It also got to the point where i considered switching the game off and not playing it again. The game had pi**ed me off enough to that point but this took the biscuit.
I wish i did because the ending was well... and people complained about Mass Effect 3.

#73 burnsflipper

burnsflipper

practical dreamer

• 1,131 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 19:24

are there any news about that infamous "holiday patch" that was delayed?