Updating/Syncing Windows Phone 7 in WIndows 8

Hi All

Looking for some information on Updating/Syncing my Windows Phone 7 once i upgrade to Windows 8 Pro 64bit? on Friday October 26th

Do i use Zune software still or Xbox Music to handle that?

I use Zune, but since I can't seem to get Zune to recognize the device in Windows 8 I run it in a Windows 7 VM using VMWare.

Ok Thank you, guess will figure it out once i have WIndows 8 Pro 64bit installed on Friday the 26th, meanwhile won't concern myself too much worrying on it

Not for me it's not. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure I read a while back that it's not supposed to, and that a new app for the purpose of updating and syncing Windows Phone will be forthcoming, but since I've heard no news on this who knows if or when this is going to happen. You would think with the Windows 8 launch only a few days away they'd be on top of it already, but maybe they're waiting for the Windows Phone 8 release?

Yeah I guess will wait and see what happens, or any news for sure on that...Thanks everyone for the replies though

Using Zune x64 on Windows 8 RTM x64 for Nokia Lumia 800 WP7.5.

Wireless sync with Zune is now working in RTM.

NOTE (at time of writing from own use):

Xbox Music Pass downloaded tracks cannot play in Zune or be synced to WP7.5.

Zune Subscription downloaded tracks cannot play in Xbox Music on Windows 8.

Xbox Music cannot see/sync/play to/manage Windows Phone 7.5.

I'm just posting an update here. I got my retail/upgrade key yesterday and did an upgrade install on the RTM install I had been running (using the same Technet ISO) because I had managed to hose up a few things that I couldn't seem to fix and they were irritating me. Now Zune can actually detect my phone, so hypothetically it should be able to update it as well. I don't know why I was having issues before, but it works now.

Well probably get the new Windows 8 app for WP8 and i'm sure 7.x devices tomorrow on the 29th when MS finally lets WP8 out in the open.

Till then using Zune is the only option it seems.