I think my 1920x1080 is too much for the gtx 560, I wish I could find a good lower resolution monitor in the 22 or 23" range, but my 23" was very cheap.

Looks like similar specs to my 6870. I'd suspect you 560 peeps just need some newer drivers than have been released so far.

Plays on my GTX 260 fine :)

Yet everyone here with much faster hardware are having performance issues (not even reaching a stable 50+ FPS).

I doubt the GTX 260 plays the game well at anything above minimum detail, which I don't consider "fine" personally.

So... have any console players tried this game? Seems like this thread was steamrolled by us PC folk :p

About VSync, perhaps try forcing on adaptive VSync for Geforce users and see if that helps things.

So... have any console players tried this game? Seems like this thread was steamrolled by us PC folk :p

About VSync, perhaps try forcing on adaptive VSync for Geforce users and see if that helps things.

It's not quite what Adaptive VSync is designed for.

It won't smooth out the frame rate in the way that this game has issues.

It's the engine that is causing stuttering due to either 1) a poorly optimized code set or 2) incapable hardware (this isn't too likely however, as I believe the engine is simply just poorly optimized).

EDIT: After reading about the power benefits of Adaptive VSync, I have enabled it system-wide. If I get game issues, I'll turn it off, but if I see no issues, power consumption goes down (good for the electricity bills!) and maybe the GPU fan won't make such a racket all the time as it's not over-rendering (the OcUK GTX 560 I have is stupidly loud when a game is stressing the card).

Yet everyone here with much faster hardware are having performance issues (not even reaching a stable 50+ FPS).

I doubt the GTX 260 plays the game well at anything above minimum detail, which I don't consider "fine" personally.

To be fair I haven't changed anything except the resolution, and it looks quite pretty. Will wait for a patch then try push the settings :p

Looks like similar specs to my 6870. I'd suspect you 560 peeps just need some newer drivers than have been released so far.

I just updated my drivers and lost a few frames, but it's ok. I think the game looks pretty good with everything on medium + high res textures and I hold steady at 60fps (according to fraps) UNTIL I crash and the slo-mo scenes drop me about 4 or 5 frames, no biggie and every once in a while when the screen flashes red (cops) or blue (cool down) I drop a frame or two, as well.

My GTX 670 struggles when there is intense action on screen on maz details at 1080p.

Disabling VSync would have helped to smooth out the experience at the cost of a little screen tearing.

At fellow Nvidia users, 310 beta driver causes degradation in performance. Use latest WHQL driver only for the time being.

Can somebody tell me if this is the same company that screwed up the remake of need for speed hot pursuit?? I was pumped up to play that game, and then I only played it for a day before I got sick of it... What a waste of money....

Can somebody tell me if this is the same company that screwed up the remake of need for speed hot pursuit?? I was pumped up to play that game, and then I only played it for a day before I got sick of it... What a waste of money....

I don't know why people spend launch price on NFS games. They usually tank after a couple of months (well most games). I got NFS Run a few weeks ago for $7 on Newegg. Sure, you might get "launch pack cars" but meh. Take it from someone who's bought some NFS games at launch only to be disappointed. They need to continue the Shift series!

My GTX 670 struggles when there is intense action on screen on maz details at 1080p.

Disabling VSync would have helped to smooth out the experience at the cost of a little screen tearing.

At fellow Nvidia users, 310 beta driver causes degradation in performance. Use latest WHQL driver only for the time being.

Ah damn. Guess I should revert the drivers.

It is. I really liked the Hot Pursuit reboot. This game though, as I said above, is much less NFS and more Burnout.

How does it compare with the original Most Wanted released a few years ago? I ****ing loved that game!

I want to know this too (from someone who owns this game)- but from the sounds of it, it's not the same experience. :(

I want to know this too (from someone who owns this game)- but from the sounds of it, it's not the same experience. :(

I'll say that the thrill of running around highways and cop behaviour is like the original Most Wanted.

Though one thing that I'm happy to see go away are the super cheesy acting and gimmicks such as built-in text messaging. This game makes it clear that it's a racer first and foremost. Also different - I believe you do not have to beat Blacklist members in order to continue with the game. The only reason why you'd want to is to steal their car, if you really wanted it.

The upside is that you no longer have the standard progression of racing crap cars and super easy AI from the beginning, and face a sudden AI ramp in the middle. Downside? It's tougher overall. :p

It's only tougher as you learn the streets methinks. And, of course, upgrade/replace your car of choice.

I've gotten the hang of it all. Mostly.

Got the Egoist and the McLaren MP4-12C pretty close to fully kitted out...

It's not quite what Adaptive VSync is designed for.

It won't smooth out the frame rate in the way that this game has issues.

It's the engine that is causing stuttering due to either 1) a poorly optimized code set or 2) incapable hardware (this isn't too likely however, as I believe the engine is simply just poorly optimized).

EDIT: After reading about the power benefits of Adaptive VSync, I have enabled it system-wide. If I get game issues, I'll turn it off, but if I see no issues, power consumption goes down (good for the electricity bills!) and maybe the GPU fan won't make such a racket all the time as it's not over-rendering (the OcUK GTX 560 I have is stupidly loud when a game is stressing the card).

Help the noob. I've got 2x560 (non-TI) in SLI setup.

1. Will enabling Adaptive VSync do any good for me?

2. If yes, how do I enable it?

Thanks a bunch.

If this is anything like the original Most Wanted, then it will be awesome. I can't wait to get a copy (of course when it's cheap).

It's not, its not a bad game, but's certianly an embrassment to the original and doesn't live up to it at all.

This 'game' is garbage.

Each car has only the same 4 races which give you upgrades for the car you complete the races with, you cant move upgrades from one car to the next you have to do the same races over and over and over and over again for each car you find, then as you get higher points you can race against the "most wanted".

The games industry wonders why people pirate games, look at this pile of crap, 4 races....... 10 chases, all for $60?????

• Like 3

Phew.. glad i am reading this thread. i was gonna get this game tomorrow without reading any reviews or anything. to bad its not like the original that was the last nfs i really enjoyed.

I'm in love with this game.

Playing on my 7 year old computer and working fine.

7 years old? Your definition of fine isn't my definition of it.