Might as well do the preload.

Speaking of which, I really need some friends on Origin since AutoLog would otherwise be completely useless :p actually was wondering if Origin's friend list is also used by say Hot Pursuit 2010 and now Most Wanted 2012?

It's used in The Run, sadly Hot Pursuit used its own friends list.

SavagePaladin if ya want to add me, I can always use some competition.

One of the data directories in the preload is Hawaii

I don't remember them saying anything about it taking place there...but I don't remember them talking about that at all, so there is that.

Damn, checking out all the posts in this thread just reminded me, I very well probably will not get my copy on release day. Have this stupid ass storm heading my way. Well I hope I keep my power so I can play it. Hell if it floods and I do have power, I may very well wind up picking up the digital version.

Aye... stupid storm :/

Preload's almost done :D Bit of a complaint about Origin's billing as it added in tax (which I don't mind to an extent) and then presented that price to me, with tax, in USD (that I do mind). Either do it like Steam and don't charge tax but charge in USD, or charge me in CAD with tax. But not both. Anyways...

Who else besides Deranged is grabbing this for PC?

SavagePaladin if ya want to add me, I can always use some competition.

Adding - should see an invite from "rm20010"

The sad thing is I still have Burnout Paradise, Hot Pursuit, and The Run installed...I tried removing the first two since Most Wanted was coming, but then as it came closer to the release date I had to put them back on.

Hah. Maybe they'll be on here forever!

Might as well do the preload.

Speaking of which, I really need some friends on Origin since AutoLog would otherwise be completely useless :p actually was wondering if Origin's friend list is also used by say Hot Pursuit 2010 and now Most Wanted 2012?

Add me in Origin

sanke4

Any Origin users feel free to add me. I want to check how this Autolog works.

How much fps are you guys getting?

It runs like crap for me on nvidia 560gtx non-ti, intel 2500k processor on medium settings.

It's not unlocked for people who actually bought it for another two hours, so I couldn't tell you.

How much fps are you guys getting?

It runs like crap for me on nvidia 560gtx non-ti, intel 2500k processor on medium settings.

Tsk tsk tsk, not for another half an hour...

ban_hammer_stickers-p217071316663592890envb3_400.jpg

;)

Alright, should be unlocking now. Fingers crossed this isn't another botched release and needs patching by next week...

Well then. It was... interesting.

The early reviews for this game weren't kidding when they said this was a spiritual successor to Burnout Paradise. Because it IS Burnout! The only NFS element that carried over are the cops, and by god they are hard to lose in a 'hunted' event. :| The first cop event I ran into is with the Bentley and your goal is to escape the cops, starting from inside a warehouse. Expect the heavy SUVs from the original Most Wanted and Carbon, and heavy duty SWAT vehicles. One light smack against these and you're taken down.

I'm not sure if the damage system is like Burnout's, where after a certain amount of damage you must run through garages to fix your vehicle before the next smash puts your car out of commission. About the damage system - one hard smack is enough to knock out a vehicle. Including yours. Forget about the older Need for Speeds with their indestructible vehicles. Forget about even Hot Pursuit 2010. These vehicles are much more fragile.

Also I haven't figured out what the penalty is for being busted - I'm assuming they duck a few speed points?

I'd say the sense of speed isn't quite there compared to Hot Pursuit 2010, but it makes up for it with the amount of chaos that goes on. Also, hello chatty and cluttered UI. Autolog works though.

Actually the entire game itself is quite a step up in terms of difficulty, right off the bat. Very easy to screw up and when you screw up, it is epic. :D Really liked the offroad races. But again, easy to screw up.

To address the PC gamers, it could use some tweaking. Ran alright on my computer, with everything on high except for two settings on medium - ambient oclusion and geometry detail. I could throw everything on high but I did notice increased stuttering. Still, even with the settings I had on it did stutter a bit at times, but nothing as disasterous as say Undercover when it first came out. Quick PC specs: Q6600, Geforce GTX 670, 6 GB of RAM, running at 1280x1024. (I know, crap res. I will get a larger monitor soon.)

• Like 1

Interesting... yes, that's one way to put it. This is not a NFS Game and to soil the name "Most Wanted" is a shame. That said, it runs very well for me I3-2130, evga GTX 560, 8gig of ram @ 1920x1080, I let the game pick the settings, then I lowered or removed "Motion Blur" cant recall. They were all on high I think..

I noticed the difficulty jump as well, the Porsche "easy" difficulty circuit race had me talking to myself. The other racers seem to crash me much more often than I remember, they always seemed to put me into the side of the gas station. Drove me crazy, the steering seems a little sloppier than I remember as well. Maybe my 360 controller is getting old - it's the wired white one, or I'm getting old and slow, or maybe both? Who knows.

I got busted as well after getting into a paint swapping contest with a heavy suv, stopped me dead and then got rear ended by two police cars and got pinned. The "voice" told me something like - "Well you just got busted, next time evade the cops and then hide until the cool down is over" and I was thinking "hey great advice, maybe next time".

Time will tell, I didn't get to play long, but the game is just ok so far. I might put the original Most Wanted back on my pc and have a look at it. The joy of loading 4 cds to install a game.. well my black edition is the 4 cd one. :)

Right, forgot about the latest Geforce driver set (310.33). Wondering if they hid some tweaks in there for Most Wanted, as Nvidia usually does for new hot games.

This game refuses to cooperate well on my iMac, the FPS keeps fluctuating from 44 to 19fps @ 1920x1080, everything at low or off and at 1280x720 i get 60 to 20fps, in my opinion this game is just another bad console port, great selection of cars though.

It's not unlocked for people who actually bought it for another two hours, so I couldn't tell you.

Tsk tsk tsk, not for another half an hour...

ban_hammer_stickers-p217071316663592890envb3_400.jpg

;)

Actually it was in Korea, you could unlock using VPN. Don't just assume people are pirates.

I've had a quick go, going to work soon so I can't really get into it. So far the graphics look great if a bit choppy on my i5 2400, 7850 machine, love the meaty engine sounds and how much weight the cars have, bit disappointed into the arcade drifting but I can see people who don't like simulation games having LOADS of fun.

I have game pre-loaded on Origin. How ethical is it to download the crack and play and discuss the game here? Does EA ban Origin account?

My Origin account says this game will unlock on 2nd November. WTF????????

That's 3 days after the world has completed the game and lost interest in it. :(

Sorry you arent allowed to talk about cracking games or piracy here. Ethically/morally I don't have an issue with it considering you actually paid for the game.

To address the PC gamers, it could use some tweaking. Ran alright on my computer, with everything on high except for two settings on medium - ambient oclusion and geometry detail. I could throw everything on high but I did notice increased stuttering. Still, even with the settings I had on it did stutter a bit at times, but nothing as disasterous as say Undercover when it first came out. Quick PC specs: Q6600, Geforce GTX 670, 6 GB of RAM, running at 1280x1024. (I know, crap res. I will get a larger monitor soon.)

:o

I also turned down ambient occlusion and turned off motion blur.

Now I am getting average fps of 42-45 at 1920x1080 resolution (sometimes 55-60) :p

Hoping it's your CPU bogging you down, itd be crazy if a 670 at that res. couldn't handle it on high. The 6600 will really hold you back on a small amount of games.

:o

I also turned down ambient occlusion and turned off motion blur.

Now I am getting average fps of 42-45 at 1920x1080 resolution (sometimes 55-60) :p

Yup same problem i'm having, the fps fluctuation is driving me nuts, which makes controlling the car hard when moving at high speeds.

I can Only Play if VPN is from Taiwan.

Getting stuttering on GTX 670 with Latest Nvidia WHQL

CPU: i5 3550

RAM 8 GB 1866 Mhz

SSD

FPS is low if using 310 beta

Why are the roads always wet?