official nfs most wanted pc xbox ps3

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#121 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,276 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:21

In past games bugs like that were caused by streaming engines glitching. I'd ask if you're running 32 bit OSes, if you ever defrag your hard drive, what kind of vidcard you're running, and stuff like that. It is pushing a lot of data so if you lower your settings you might also be fine.

#122 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:59

So,... I beat the Alfa Romeo guy and took him down too.
I am nearing 8th and still can't find a decent car to race against the 9th. I think I'll maximiz that Nissan

#123 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,994 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:36

So the game was finally shipped to me, but since I am now without power for the 6th day now because of Hurricane Sandy, I have not been able to check it out.
With that said, I was able to download the Vita version once I left my home for my in-laws since they do have power, and I have been really enjoying it. From what I have read online, the Vita version really is the same as the console version, just some concessions had to be made to run it.

So I do have some questions, and apologies if they have been discussed, but being without power means I have not been able to follow this thread. So with the Vita version, in some places, the text is really, really hard to read. It is incredibly tiny, and presented in the same way it would be on the consoles. So my main question... How exactly should one approach playing this game? I have just been sticking with 1 car, the Marussia B2, and I just defeated Most Wanted 7 I believe it was. I have this car pretty damn maxed out, but it appears I have done most of all of the main races for it. So if I switch over to other cars, will I get new races, or do all cars just have the same races?
I tried changing to a few differrent cars, and it seemed the races were the same ones I have already done. So is the car irrelevant, and you only get the same races regardless? If so, that seems pretty damn weak for sure, and there does not seem to be any real incentive to switch cars. If not, are certain cars better than others to pick?

But I have to say, even reading that the Vita version and the console version are very identical in many ways, I am really looking forward to playing it on the console. One of the hardest things about playing the Vita version is the size of everything. At times, it is really hard to avoid crashing just because of the sheer scale of things on the screen, so really think it is going to be a much more visceral experience on the PS3. But even with that said, the Vita version is a whole lot of fun. Definitely.

#124 hckngrtfakt

hckngrtfakt

GFX n00b

• 143 posts
  • Phone: iPhone

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:45

So,... I beat the Alfa Romeo guy and took him down too.
I am nearing 8th and still can't find a decent car to race against the 9th. I think I'll maximiz that Nissan

You can race the top 10 with ANY car,.... i took down the shelby with the lancia, all due to "rubber band" AI :)

What's truly annoying (as mentioned in this thread) is that if you've set the route, but switch cars on the way there
the "Easy drive" will be reset :/

#125 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:46

How exactly should one approach playing this game?

You find a car in a JackSpot around the city, hop in and you have series of different races, which will earn you upgrades, which you should be aware of by now.

So if I switch over to other cars, will I get new races, or do all cars just have the same races?

Every car has its own upgrades. No car passes its own to another one. Nd no, the cars are relevant.
Some cars, I found till now, are indeed more well rounded than others, atleast for me they were. e.g. Nissan' car, whose model I forgot, is looking pretty good to me and I am sticking with it for some time because it has a more well rounded performance sheet

The type is the same. However, the places and difficulty level, are obviously different

#126 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

• 1,713 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:50

DirtyLarry, I picked it up on the Vita and will likely pick up the full PS3 version down the line when it hits 39.99 as well. To answer a bit of what you ask, I've been mixing up the cars as I play along to make it more interesting for myself but outside of that there really wouldn't be any reason why you would have to if all you want to do is take down everyone on the Most Wanter list. There's also various car classes and so the events will vary somewhat car to car, but there definitely is a fair bit of overlap. When you go Select then under Driver Details you can go to the Single Player Milestones and then view Car Milestones to view the various car types in the game. My understanding is each car type has it's on unique races, but I could be mistaken (this is also where you can see which cars fall under which category). With the way the AI is setup you can win the races with pretty much any car as I just took down the Bugatti with a BMW M3 (with only the nitrous upgrade I believe as well).

I played a bit on the X360 that one of my friends had and that was definitely easier to race on as you got a better view distance and the larger screen definitely helps when you're trying to dodge traffic in races. Now that I've figured out most of the tips/tricks in the game it doesn't seem too difficult so far (ie. finally realizing how much hitting triangle to shut down the engine once you're out of range while in pursuit). Been able to get 1st on most races, generally without having to retry, though I find myself going back to them to try to beat other friends scores through autolog (as I'm a sucker for leaderboards and I tend to be better at racers than most other games).

#127 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,276 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:34

Some races are shared with other cars, but they're definitely not with all cars.

#128 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,276 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:43

Speaking of which I just got to #2 on the Most Wanted list :shiftyninja:

Love Pagani cars in every game I've used em in :woot:

#129 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,943 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:19

Alrighty, bought this (couldn't resist since I never got The Run or any past NFS games since Carbon I think) and I like it quite a bit. But the police stuff is retarded like most of you have said, not to mention the rubberband AI from HELL.

That being said, I haven't read most of the thread but from what I can tell most of the past 4 pages or so are you guys on PC right? I could use some friends on Origin for the autolog stuff, since none of my Origin friends are remotely interested in Most Wanted :( My nick on Origin is LordLOC if you guys wanna add me so you can see how ****ty I am at the game and totally own me on autolog stuff! :D

#130 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 14:10

They should've called this game Need For Speed: Acid Trip... :rainbow:

Played (with it) yesterday for half an hour or so. Most of the time I didn't know where the f* I am, constant trash compactor sounds ducked the engine revs and junk music, and I just pressed arrow buttons according to the general direction I imagined I wanted to go, while being elbow-knocked by angry grannies.

#131 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• 20,189 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 04 November 2012 - 14:12

They should've called this game Need For Speed: Acid Trip... :rainbow:

Played (with it) yesterday for half an hour or so. Most of the time I didn't know where the f* I am, constant trash compactor sounds ducked the engine revs and junk music, and I just pressed arrow buttons according to the general direction I imagined I wanted to go.

Arrow keys :laugh:

#132 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 14:22

It's a general recommendation not to operate heavy machinery while under effects of LSD. So I was steering with buttonboard. Lemme just... yes, keys, keyboard, of course! You see - that's acid. I can't even distinguish between keys and buttons! And the sound of tubular bell from the intro sequence of one of 'vette races is still haunting me, too...

In fact, I wouldn't know how an acid trip feels like, but I think I've experienced enough rainbows leaking out of my ears in this game already.

#133 Liana

Liana

Tech Girl

• 644 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 14:34

Has anyone had any luck playing this game with a racing wheel? I have a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and no matter how I tweak the settings using the Logitech Gaming Software, I just can't get the steering to feel accurate. It feels as though it understeers for the first 90 degrees or so of turning the wheel, then radically oversteers beyond that.

For comparison, I never had this problem when playing GRID.

#134 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 15:31

I believe I can flaaay... :)

Attached Images

• Untitled.jpg

#135 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,276 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 15:36

haha stylin'

Just made Most Wanted. Entirely underwhelming ending, but I kind of expected it to be.