Replacing Retina MacBook Pro

rmbp mac applestore

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 1WayJonny

1WayJonny

General, I salute you!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 22:22

I am glad you have the issue fixed and confirmed it. The LG look good but no thanks.

I am currently using Windows 8 with DPI set at 225%. Everything looks good except their is bug with the battery/charging icon in Windows 8 when the DPI is set that high. It turns to a grey square but all other icons are ok but some stretched.

#17 Brian M.

Brian M.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:10

Not Apple bashing (I'd do the same regardless of manufacturer) but in all seriousness if it's under a year old take the receipt and demand a brand new one. You're within your rights to as the goods sold to you were not fit for purpose - check the Sale of Goods Act.

Just a heads up - but this is completely wrong! You have no legal right to a brand new machine. You have the right to repair, replacement or partial refund, up to 6 years after the date of purchase. Before 6 months, it's down to the manufacturer to prove there wasn't an inherent fault - but after 6 months, it's down to you to prove their was a fault at the time of purchase.

Either way, you're never *entitled* to a straight replacement. And you'll get further being polite than going in demanding stuff.

As for the Samsung/LG thing - it's a mixed bag. Not all LGs suffer with image retention - and if you get a good LG, it's by far a better panel than the Samsung. Some people seem to hate on LGs - there's guys over on Macrumors who have had 15 replacements simply because they're LG displays - whether they suffered from image retention or not. Feels like you're banging your head against a brick wall trying to reason with the guys over there sometimes!!!

#18 Scazza

Scazza

___/\____\o/____ - Shark!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:50

When my Ex's iMac started making a funny noise, we boxed it all up and took everything to the Apple store. They replaced it with a brand new one, they even let us keep the old Magic Mouse & Wireless Keyboard because they said they would only be thrown out! Couldn't believe it!

But I am sure if you just take the unit it'll be fine.