Monster storm has meteorologists spooked

I'm still super amazed at this although I find the forecasts boring, probably mainly due to the fact it's never warm enough for me :p ^^

Glassed Silver:mac

never cold enough for me here.. here I'll send you the warmth and you can give me some cold

never cold enough for me here.. here I'll send you the warmth and you can give me some cold

Right now I'm awkwardly enjoying the fall lol...

It could be warmer, but I actually like the fall as of late...

I came to "accept" it on certain occasions some time ago, now it's generally an awesome time of the year for me, with definite tradeoffs such as the temperatures and the early sunset... I hate it when it's dark when I leave the house and it's dark again when I get back home... *grrrr*

Glassed Silver:mac

I love it on both ends actually. I love more night. Nightmare moon needs to make more night! LOL...

The night is calm, cool, and pretty. I love it. I live for the night. More night= more raves!!!!

Fall and winter are the best backdrop for Trance and Deep house music!!!! Hands-Up is awesome on a cool crisp evening!

No can do. Where I live there are trees everywhere.

Ditto. I practically live in the middle of the forest. Huge trees all around my house. Falling trees are my biggest concern in this storm.

I have always wanted to know what a tornado smells like inside.

You would be too busy staying alive to worry about the smell.Been there, done that.

Also, I hope it snows.

I know, right. I love snow.

I hope my car does not get messed up from falling branches.

Damn you just also reminded me almost a year ago to the day when this storm is supposed to hit, we had a pretty nasty ice storm. My yard was an absolute mess, and a few very large branches came close to my roof as well. If this cold front does combine with the storm, it could be a very similar situation, except flying branches with the wind.

I swear, I do not know if it is just the fact more people are aware of storms now because of the most recent one we had, but my work sent out about 9 total emails this afternoon. From emergency contact numbers for work, to the building closing hotlines, to the best ways to prepare for power outages, etc. They were really hyping this storm up to be something severe. I hope it is just that, hype.

Damn you just also reminded me almost a year ago to the day when this storm is supposed to hit, we had a pretty nasty ice storm. My yard was an absolute mess, and a few very large branches came close to my roof as well. If this cold front does combine with the storm, it could be a very similar situation, except flying branches with the wind.

I swear, I do not know if it is just the fact more people are aware of storms now because of the most recent one we had, but my work sent out about 9 total emails this afternoon. From emergency contact numbers for work, to the building closing hotlines, to the best ways to prepare for power outages, etc. They were really hyping this storm up to be something severe. I hope it is just that, hype.

Thats good. If it is being hyped up it will be a small storm if anything. LOL.

I love it on both ends actually. I love more night. Nightmare moon needs to make more night! LOL...

The night is calm, cool, and pretty. I love it. I live for the night. More night= more raves!!!!

Fall and winter are the best backdrop for Trance and Deep house music!!!! Hands-Up is awesome on a cool crisp evening!

You really should move to Germany! :laugh:

Hmm, well, it actually snowed last night...

Not for very long I assume, but yeah...

It was pretty unusual for around here. One winter we actually had the first snowy day in February :laugh:

Glassed Silver:ios

You really should move to Germany! :laugh:

Hmm, well, it actually snowed last night...

Not for very long I assume, but yeah...

It was pretty unusual for around here. One winter we actually had the first snowy day in February :laugh:

Glassed Silver:ios

Ha ha I want snow.

The problem is they are overplaying the storm for tv ratings. Here on long island they are saying monster storm and 100 year storm and power out for weeks but then you look at the actual forcast for the two days and you get

"Overcast with rain. High of 61F. Windy. Winds from the ENE at 30 to 35 mph with gusts to 45 mph. Chance of rain 80% with rainfall amounts near 0.8 in. possible."

Which is a lot less then what the videos state.

NJ will probably be hit hard but NYC , Long island and Conneticut will get a lot less then what they are saying. Which is a good thing because between NYC and long island there is 16 million people.

The problem is they are overplaying the storm for tv ratings. Here on long island they are saying monster storm and 100 year storm and power out for weeks but then you look at the actual forcast for the two days and you get

"Overcast with rain. High of 61F. Windy. Winds from the ENE at 30 to 35 mph with gusts to 45 mph. Chance of rain 80% with rainfall amounts near 0.8 in. possible."

Which is a lot less then what the videos state.

NJ will probably be hit hard but NYC , Long island and Conneticut will get a lot less then what they are saying. Which is a good thing because between NYC and long island there is 16 million people.

I'm not sure about it being overhyped although the stupid names are overboard. It will be coming straight into the coast which is almost unprecedented and with that there will be the storm surge you don't get with typical nor'easters. The worst area for surge will be north of the center which would be the NYC area. It's also becoming more extra tropical which means the wind field is spreading out from the center and with that you will get massive power outages.

It's gaining strength right now so I wouldn't be underestimating this.

^ I tend to think Sandy will be more tame than they are painting it.

And the derecho was downplayed and we had no warning at all. hell the ext. forecast had it be a 10% chance of percip. and partly cloudy.

Having lived on Puerto Rico for Hugo, I rather they over hype these storms to death than have people not ready for when it actually hits, if all the overhyping saves lives then that's what we need to happen

• Like 3

Having lived on Puerto Rico for Hugo, I rather they over hype these storms to death than have people not ready for when it actually hits, if all the overhyping saves lives then that's what we need to happen

Very legit comparison: Puerto Rico and USA.