Windows 8 Enterprise issues

Try having a look in your event viewer, sometimes if you have a disk error the event log (under System) will have errors that might give you an indication, I've found that the messages "There was a paging error during operation on drive <blah>", and "Delayed write failed" are particularly common when you have a disk close to failure.

That's just it. Everything is going bonkers. Nothing is working right. Event viewer will not open. I'm getting random explorer crashes. You name it. It's just getting worse.

I did two different HDD checks and my hdd is fine. Used SeaTools in dos mode and crystaldiskinfo.

From everything you've described drive failure does sound like the most likely culprit, if your partner's install from the same media is fine it makes bad installation media unlikely. I've seen similar stuff happen when one of my drives was close to failure.

Ok, so let's say it went wonky. Do I have to re-dl the ISO then?

If the hash value on the install media matches thr value on TN/MSDN then you shouldn't have to. You should just be able to format & reinstall. If it doesn't then I would download again and verify then format & reinstall.

I hate PC issues sometimes lol.

That's just it. Everything is going bonkers. Nothing is working right. Event viewer will not open. I'm getting random explorer crashes. You name it. It's just getting worse.

I did two different HDD checks and my hdd is fine. Used SeaTools in dos mode and crystaldiskinfo.

Just curious. Any chance even a slight one of this machine being infected somehow?

If the hash value on the install media matches thr value on TN/MSDN then you shouldn't have to. You should just be able to format & reinstall. If it doesn't then I would download again and verify then format & reinstall.

I hate PC issues sometimes lol.

Well the hash value is fine.

That's a good question warwagon...

Did you just check the status or run the extended checks that check the drive from top to bottom? The checks should take a long time to complete.

Edit- You beat me to it. That should eliminate the drive then.

Still leaves my question about possible infections. I had a rootkit recently that got on my machine somehow and it behaved like this.

That's a good question warwagon...

Did you just check the status or run the extended checks that check the drive from top to bottom? The checks should take a long time to complete.

The SeaTools DOS long test took about an hour or more. Don't remember. I started it and went back into town. When I came back a couple hours later it was finished.

Edit- You beat me to it. That should eliminate the drive then.

Still leaves my question about possible infections. I had a rootkit recently that got on my machine somehow and it behaved like this.

I will try rootkit revealer then.

Edit:

I dl'd rootkit revealer and it will not run.