World's Strongest Beer ?

(WXYZ) - A Scottish brewing company is claiming they have created the world's strongest beer.

The Brewmeister Brewery has concocted a beer they say is 65 percent alcohol by volume. :|

To put things in perspective, a 12oz. Budweiser has an ABV of 5 percent.

The new brew, known as Armageddon, uses a process called freeze fermenting to reach the high alcohol content.12oz. Budweiser has an ABV of 5 percent.

Good luck throwing back a six pack. The brewery believes the beer is so strong, people should drink it like a fine whiskey.

The brewery adds Armageddon should only be served in small doses.

That's probably a good thing. Because at $52 a bottle, throwing back beer after beer could get a little pricey.

The brew is expected to make its debut next month in Scotland. It's not yet known if, or when, it will be sold in the United States.

source

Generally speaking the higher the alochol percentage the worse a beer tastes, I have however drunk a few exceptions to the rule and they were the most tasty ever :D I'm still trying to find one which I stupidly didn't write the name down of but I would recognise the taste again! :D

So heck yeah I would give this a try, maybe just the once though

It should be noted that no matter how crappy this beer probably tastes, it's still lightyears better than Bud.

In your opinion. Don't be a snob :)

In your opinion. Don't be a snob :)

Oh come on. You being from the UK, should know that US "mainstream" beers are lame. :) And us Americans know that Bud is the bottom of the barrel in that category. ;)

It should be noted that no matter how crappy this beer probably tastes, it's still lightyears better than Bud.

I doubt it. It's not like freeze fermenting is wizardry, everyone knows about it, but generally breweries only make beer using it when they want to set some "new world record" for really high alcohol, really terrible beer.

65% bloody hell, that is paint stripper :p

Last i heard the record was around 53% and belonged to Brewdog.

Budweiser costs a fortune in the uk btw! Is it expensive compared to other big brands in america too? It is usually 25%+ more expensive than the other big brands here.

Budweiser costs a fortune in the uk btw! Is it expensive compared to other big brands in america too? It is usually 25%+ more expensive than the other big brands here.

It probably depends on which part of the country. Since Bud is brewed here in the Midwest, it's pretty cheap. But since Miller, their competitor is brewed even more locally here, they undercut the price of Bud. I can buy a 30 pack of cans of High Life for about $12. The same of Bud is around $16ish.

I am not a fan of Bud either. But it's all a matter of taste.