Dreamspark won't give me a win8 key

Has anyone used Microsoft Dreamspark before? I am a LEGIT studen and UofM and i saw an add for dreamspark in my student email. It offered windows 8 for free. I was approved, and it let me add the download to my cart for $0.00. Downloaded the ISO file, but it hasnt given me a windows product key. It says " The system is attempting to retrieve this item for you, but is currently busy. An email will be sent to you when it becomes available, at which time you can view it by browsing to Your Account and viewing the order details. If this order includes a product download, you can start your download now." Under my order history, where its supposed to give me my product key. Has anyone had this issue before?

Well Windows 8 was just released today, so I'm sure their servers are getting hammered. Give it some time and I'm sure your key will show up.

If you use your iso to make a bootable usb installer, you can create and copy in a special "ei.cfg" file that will allow you to install without a key, and then you can activate it later when your key generates.

Well Windows 8 was just released today, so I'm sure their servers are getting hammered.

Its been up on Dreamspark since it RTM'd. I suppose there might be a key server thats being hit pretty bad though.

Its been up on Dreamspark since it RTM'd. I suppose there might be a key server thats being hit pretty bad though.

That wasn't the point. It was released to everybody today, hence 7 billion people now have full access to it.

Lucky you.

We're stuck with our school's own MSDNAA system (they still haven't migrated to Microsoft's own Dreamspark Premium) and they still haven't added Windows 8.

It depends... they withheld it from us until October 26th for some reason.

(Sortof off topic) It may be a school thing with Dreamspark, but I don't even see it listed on my account.

NVM, I don't have a Premium Account, that would explain all. Thank you