Anyone got your Surface yet?

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:14

Writing this post from my couch with my Surface. It's gorgeous. I love it. Touch cover is awesome, very easy to type on, I'm already up to 70-85 wpm (115-130 on a good day with a normal keyboard)

Very high quality piece of work, quite fast, screen is AMAZING.
Only gripe is it occasionally drops my home wifi and I have to reconnect.

So, loving this, writing a post in IE10 metro with Netflix snapped to the side. Absolutely fantastic.

It's nice having all the stuff that usually works (ctrl c, ctrl v, win+r) just working on my tablet with no learning curve

And, it has powershell. Life is good.
You know what else is awesome? Its so light! I have no problem holding it one handed. Looks great in portrait.
Anyone else got it yet? Thoughts?

#2 Tuishimi

Tuishimi

Michinator

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:18

Nice! You going to get office for it?

#3 ybrett23

ybrett23

Neowinian

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:22

Writing this post from my couch with my Surface. It's gorgeous. I love it. Touch cover is awesome, very easy to type on, I'm already up to 70-85 wpm (115-130 on a good day with a normal keyboard)

Very high quality piece of work, quite fast, screen is AMAZING.
Only gripe is it occasionally drops my home wifi and I have to reconnect.

So, loving this, writing a post in IE10 metro with Netflix snapped to the side. Absolutely fantastic.

It's nice having all the stuff that usually works (ctrl c, ctrl v, win+r) just working on my tablet with no learning curve

And, it has powershell. Life is good.
You know what else is awesome? Its so light! I have no problem holding it one handed. Looks great in portrait.
Anyone else got it yet? Thoughts?

congrats dude, im seriously tempted to buy 1 , i think win 8 will b a winner on surface, i need to play with 1 tho, b4 i decide

Edited by ybrett23, 26 October 2012 - 18:22.

#4 Klownicle

Klownicle

I get a custom title? Sweett.

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:27

I would have bought one just to use it till the surface pro but they charged too much for me to splurge and resell later. Surface Pro on the other hand falls under shutup and take my money.

#5 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Motorola Moto G

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:30

Congrads!!! Just a quick question: How to you copy media to it? Does it have USB ports on it to just flip stuff over?

#6 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:35

Congrads!!! Just a quick question: How to you copy media to it? Does it have USB ports on it to just flip stuff over?

It has a USB port and a microSD slot plus the normal networking you've been doing on windows forever. Connect it to your home group and you should be able to setup a network share or access them etc.

#7 +Brando212

Brando212

Causer of disasters

• Tech Issues Solved: 10
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:37

I'm pretty sure it comes with office preinstalled on it

Yes, it has a usb port

#8 Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:38

Yes, I'm loving it. I did make some videos about the "performance issues" that were in reviews but I won't post since that isn't what this is about. I LOVE IT! Touch keyboard is so awesome. Definitely an awesome product and it can only get better :D.

#9 Shadier

Shadier

Neowinian

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:38

Office comes standard on it, so he doesn't need to! I just got mine a few hours ago, and I am incredibly impressed. Every expectation I had was completely beat. The touch cover is honestly an incredible piece of engineering, as is the rest of the device.

#10 _JJ_

_JJ_

Neowinian

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:42

Nope have not received it as of yet, now 3:35pm. But I did phone and asked what was going on with my order, because the Canadain page is all messed up with tracking. Well as stated by the sales tech; we are having problems in Canada so it might be there today if not it will be there on Mon. So today is one of those days where I rely could care less. So I said no problems and hung up, I went to check my e-mail, and just that fast I had a e-mail sent to me by Microsoft saying that as stated in your pre- order it stated you would receive it on Oct 26 or Oct 30? Hmm I don't remember seeing that? Well any whoo they gave me a $50.00 store voucher. Ohh and I also asked how they are shipping in Canada, they said they are using FedEx and ups.

#11 PhilTheThrill

PhilTheThrill

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: WP8

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:49

So suddenly the ipad looks like the toy it always was. Whereas the surface is a tool for BOSSES?

#12 Avazee

Avazee

Neowinian

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:52

I just purchased one a couple of hours ago, with the Type Cover. I figured I would get this until the Surface Pro comes out and sell this one then. For now though, it's great, just great.

One thing I'm trying to figure out though is: I am using the new Skype "Modern UI" application, how do I sign out of it to log in under a different Skype account?

#13 +djdanster

djdanster

Neowin elite

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 White Frost

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:54

It has a USB 2.0 port

#14 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 26 October 2012 - 19:07

Mine didn't arrive today despite MS telling me it would over the phone. They sent me a £50 voucher though so it's not too bad. Hopefully it will be here on Monday.

#15 Sikh

Sikh

Neowin Addict!

• Phone: Nexus 4 PA 4.2.1 / iPhone 5

Posted 26 October 2012 - 19:18

Got mine this morning. Early too. I was so happy to see it but I was on my way to work. Grabbed it and took it to work and i love it so far. Typing on the keyboard is awesome. Im a lover of soft keys / touch when im typing. Only time I demand a push is gaming.

So this works out really well for me. I would say im 40-55 wpm. To me it doesnt matter right now but I will most likely use this or my retina to type a lot for work(IT Field) and i think then ill get faster. Or naturally using it i will too.

I will say i love the onscreen keyboard also. They did a great job.

Now, question for you, have you figured out a way to manually update office? I remeber there being a way but I cant find "Windows Update" when I search update, I also want to know how to close metro apps without bringing up all the open apps and then right click closing them, i would like to do it all by touch.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!