Windows 8 & Aero Glass?

win8

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 anidais

anidais

Neowinian

Posted 27 October 2012 - 21:17

Here we go again... It was announced months ago that Aero was going to be replaced with a new metro-inspired flat theme. Just use the OS for some time. It will probably grow on you. Uninstalling and going back to the past just because 8 doesn't have translucent windows doesn't make sense. Specially with all the performance improvements 8 has over 7. My opinion, of course.

#32 Leonick

Leonick

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 October 2012 - 21:31

It will probably grow on you.

Yup, I hated it at first but I've gotten used to it now having used Windows 8 for about two or three weeks.

That said, if I see a visual style or tweak that will add the taskbar level transparency on my window borders I'll have to installed pretty quickly :p

#33 skilithead

skilithead

Neowinian

Posted 27 October 2012 - 21:36

I was under the impression that removing the glass lowered the power consumption , and thus helped extend the battery life for laptops and tablets . So there is more to it than meets the eye . I always turned it off myself .

#34 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

Posted 27 October 2012 - 22:16

Here we go again... It was announced months ago that Aero was going to be replaced with a new metro-inspired flat theme. Just use the OS for some time. It will probably grow on you. Uninstalling and going back to the past just because 8 doesn't have translucent windows doesn't make sense. Specially with all the performance improvements 8 has over 7. My opinion, of course.

Well said!

#35 +Boo Berry

Boo Berry

Neowinian Ghost

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 27 October 2012 - 22:22

I don't even care about Glass being removed. I am glad to see the semi-translucent taskbar and that's good enough for me.

#36 OP JustinTime

JustinTime

Neowinian

• Phone: HTC One S

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:54

Download it from (http://pasquiindustr...ows-8-330467841) and copy it to the theme folder in C:\Resources\theme
Also check this thread for more visual styles you might like: http://bitly.com/L578T1

Thanks for focusing on the merits and offering a solution, I'll check it out.

The topic title is so clear and accurate, I don't see why you bothered to inconvenience yourself by not only clicking, and also reading but then by replying. I have a few reasons for possibly going back, Aero Glass was just the final point. It's easy to switch between 7 and 8, so it is a minor point since I can just as easily upgrade back to 8. And it's not like I'm going back to XP which many still use, 7 is still a viable OS.

Not a very good excuse for it looking bad out of the box. I like the performance bump that comes with Windows 8, but the glass definitely looked better. They could've just left it off by default and everyone would be happy, but no...

I agree, the option would've been nice. I really loved it and wish they would restore it.

#37 Joni_78

Joni_78

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:15

Nimetön-1.png

http://www.neowin.ne...#entry595923999

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!