pennsylvania india citizen grandmother killed

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,001 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 16:16

BRIDGEPORT, PA – A family friend hoped to hold a baby girl hostage to get $50,000 from her software-engineer parents but instead killed her and her grandmother in a botched kidnapping, according to police in a Philadelphia suburb.

Raghunandan "Raghu" Yandamuri, 26, knew the infant's parents both had good jobs, and he crafted a ransom note threatening to kill their daughter if they did not leave the money at a local supermarket, police said in an affidavit filed Friday.

"It's up to you to decide, do you want your 1-year-old or five months of your income?" the lengthy, typed note said.

The plot unraveled when he dropped the baby as he juggled her and a kitchen knife and struggled with her paternal grandmother, who was watching 10-month-old Saanvi Venna on Monday during a six-month visit from India, the affidavit said.

A throng of people jeered at him, shouting "Hang him!" and other taunts, as he was led into court Friday afternoon in a bulletproof vest.

Yandamuri was being held without bail on two counts of murder, kidnapping, robbery and other charges pending a preliminary hearing set next week. He does not have a lawyer and did not enter a plea at a brief arraignment Friday. He told a judge he is not a U.S. citizen and was given time to make a private call to the Indian consulate.

more

#2 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,699 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:55

Hope he gets put away for a long time.

#3 rippleman

rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,648 posts
  • Phone: s4

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:13

eye for an eye... I vote string him up...

If society started killing people who kill, I am willing to bet we would have a lot less killers out there.

#4 macmax

macmax

Windows Freak

• 2,281 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:17

Hang him.

#5 Asrokhel

Asrokhel

Neowinian

• 1,027 posts
  • OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (testing to see if I keep it or go back to Windows 7)

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:18

If society started killing people who kill, I am willing to bet we would have a lot less killers out there.

The US does, and so do other countries. But in the US, they can sit on deathrow for such a long time if given the death penalty.

#6 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

• 10,724 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:17

The sad thing is that he will get better treatment on Death row (until his ultimate end) than he would get in an Indian prison.

#7 Asrokhel

Asrokhel

Neowinian

• 1,027 posts
  • OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (testing to see if I keep it or go back to Windows 7)

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:57

The sad thing is that he will get better treatment on Death row (until his ultimate end) than he would get in an Indian prison.

Well, not being a US citizen, nor him having a green card, the most likely thing that'll happen to him is he'll get deported. Will India jail him, maybe they will, maybe they won't.

#8 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 33,982 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 13:11

Disgusting. The guy deserves all he gets.

If society started killing people who kill, I am willing to bet we would have a lot less killers out there

Surely, we would have more?

#9 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

• 10,724 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 13:13

Well, not being a US citizen, nor him having a green card, the most likely thing that'll happen to him is he'll get deported. Will India jail him, maybe they will, maybe they won't.

No they don't just let murderers go home, usually deportation happens after any sentences have been served (and no parole). In this case, PA have death penalty, so this is what he will probably get for such a crime, and his body will be reinterred to India (if his family pays for it).

#10 Original Poster

Original Poster

C++ n00b

• 2,921 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 13:18

it sounds like he killed to women.... so they probably wont send him to jail or kill him a slap on the wrists probably

#11 kernatch

kernatch

Neowinian Senior

• 1,843 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 13:18

no, he's right. we'd have less killers. and less people. in fact zero. or perhaps one, but he'd have to kill himself.

#12 rippleman

rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,648 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:16

Disgusting. The guy deserves all he gets.

i meant it kind of two fold sarcastically ..yes, the killers would be dead, so scratch them off the list. I think too if people KNEW that the sentence for murder was the cost of your OWN life, it would deter the pre-planned murders. You would still have flash anger killings since people are not thinking 100% clear in times like that (example: walking in on your wife will she is voluntarily having sex with her boyfriend). Over all, there would be a DRASTIC drop in killings since most killers are scared only for 1 thing, their own life.

#13 exotoxic

exotoxic

Neowinian Senior

• 2,138 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:25

there would be a DRASTIC drop in killings since most killers are scared only for 1 thing, their own life.

I think if you do some searching you will find evidence that it infact does not work.

#14 rippleman

rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,648 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:26

The US does, and so do other countries. But in the US, they can sit on deathrow for such a long time if given the death penalty.

Not near as often and as fast as they should. I am actually shocked some privately funded group doesn't do this "clean up" work already funded by some "Oprah Rich" humanity figure. If I had billions, I know I would have a hit squad for the worst of the worst. Child Murders, child rapists, extreme child abuse, most killers, and some others would be dead upon conviction from the courts. And even some without the conviction of the courts. (sometimes red tape just gets in the way). No 20 years waiting for death soaking up millions in taxpayer funds, no appeals that torment the survivors or victims, no last minute saves from the do-gooders, justice in a quick easy fashion.

I think if you do some searching you will find evidence that it infact does not work.

so, would this not deter you? what about anyone you know? Do you know anyone that would STILL kill even knowing that their own life would be the price? i am willing you know ZERO percent of people that will say yes.

#15 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

• 1,870 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:35

No, we'd have the same amount. Those who kill murderers are themselves murderers, driven by prehistoric human anger.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!