Ditch the iPad 3 for a Surface?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:43

In which case Surface has the iPad beaten with its Quad Core Tegra 3 chipset!!!!

Stop being logical with the iSheep.

#17 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:44

This is something only you can answer. go to the store and play with one. do you like it? Better than your ipad3? The get it and sell your ipad. They have great resale value, even for the original ipad. How can you go wrong.

#18 neo158

neo158

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:46

Stop being logical with the iSheep.

I'm trying not to but such blatent ignorance really annoys me.

#19 myxomatosis

myxomatosis

Shrinking Universe

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:57

Not a good idea in my opinion. The Surface is a cool device, but you'll miss all the apps you have on the iOS platform.

The Windows RT platform isn't mature enough yet. It needs more apps and more developers

#20 neo158

neo158

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:10

Not a good idea in my opinion. The Surface is a cool device, but you'll miss all the apps you have on the iOS platform.

The Windows RT platform isn't mature enough yet. It needs more apps and more developers

If everyone thought like that then no platform would succeed in the marketplace.

I'm glad that I don't think like that and actually bought a Microsoft Surface, why, because if no one buys Surface then apps won't be developed for it.

#21 Asrokhel

Asrokhel

Neowinian

• OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (testing to see if I keep it or go back to Windows 7)

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:14

So I recently bought an iPad 3 and while I am pleased with it to an extent I am however having a feeling that I should of waited and bought a Surface instead.
So should I return the iPad and buy a Surface or keep it?

Return the iPad and get your money back, and then save that money and get Surface Pro when it comes out!

#22 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:20

If you plan to read books i would say stick with the iPad.

If you want to work probably a Surface but wait for the pro (and if i were you i would buy an Ultrabook if work is a concern).

#23 PhilTheThrill

PhilTheThrill

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: WP8

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:22

Who the hell wants to join their tablet to a domain?

I can imagine plenty of people would find it useful. We (colleagues and I) were actually just discussing this today in my work. One of my colleagues is waiting for the Pro surfaces to get the full Windows OS. We work in a small web design/development company and have a domain. Being actual professionals, we use Windows. Would be splendid to have a tablet you could bring in and connect fully. Then connect to monitor, peripherals and off you go.

At end of the day, pick it up and walk out.

#24 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:24

If everyone thought like that then no platform would succeed in the marketplace.

I'm glad that I don't think like that and actually bought a Microsoft Surface, why, because if no one buys Surface then apps won't be developed for it.

It's the sad reality of business though. You can't expect customers to give you success for free. You got to do what you need to do to make them buy your product.

If more people would buy this product etc etc etc. It's not an excuse. Had people bought the GameCube it would have been a tremedous success ... but people bought the XBox and the rest is history.

I remember cursing people for not buying the Turbografx 16 when i was young. The fact is there was no reason to buy it as all the good games wa son Nintendo platform.

Why would anyone invest in the Surface before they are confident the Store has all the apps they need ???

#25 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:30

We work in a small web design/development company and have a domain. Being actual professionals, we use Windows.

You are kidding me here i hope.

You can be a professional web designer and perfectly work on Mac OSX and even Linux.

Unless you meant profesionnal web form designer then all my apologies.

#26 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:32

The lack of apps current kill the Surface. Wait a bit and to see how the app selection shakes out. I can't see you gaining anything by getting rid of your iPad right now.

What exactly is the store lacking? An excess of 'fart' apps and 'tower defense' games? Oh noes...!? :rolleyes:

#27 vhane

vhane

Neowinian

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:42

We work in a small web design/development company and have a domain. Being actual professionals, we use Windows.

Quite frankly, it's silly to equate Windows use to professionalism. Especially when it comes to building web stuff.

#28 PhilTheThrill

PhilTheThrill

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: WP8

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:50

Especially when it comes to building web stuff.

Go on. Explain.

#29 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:23

If you plan to read books i would say stick with the iPad.

If you want to work probably a Surface but wait for the pro (and if i were you i would buy an Ultrabook if work is a concern).

Ipad: watching video, music, books, internet,
surface: prodcutivity

#30 vhane

vhane

Neowinian

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:38

Go on. Explain.

Unless you're doing .NET, you're probably building on a Unixy stack. Most of the web runs on the latter. In light of this, it's downright silly to equate use of Windows to professionalism.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!