Windows 8 Mail App and Supported Exchange Versions

Is there official word on what versions of Exchange are supported by the Windows 8 RTM Mail app? I have Exchange 2010 working fine, but I can't connect to any of the Exchange 2003 servers I have access to. When creating the account and attempting to connect it just vaguely says that the provided information is wrong (I'm sure it's not), but all the servers work with Android and even WP7. They all have SSL (not self signed). I've seen people saying that 2003 works in the RTM, but I sure can't seem to make it work. Anyone else have any success or insight?

I've gotten mine working, at first I had no SSL, then I tried SSL Self-signed and that failed, so I bought a SSL certificate. Phase 2 was getting autodiscovery and autodiscover.tld stuff all setup. There is a article on setting it up correctly.

Wasn't Autodiscover introduced with Exchange 2007? I didn't think it would have any bearing on Exchange 2003. Like I said though, I have the Mail app working fine with Exchange 2010, and it does have Autodiscover configured, so maybe it is necessary somehow?

Wasn't Autodiscover introduced with Exchange 2007? I didn't think it would have any bearing on Exchange 2003. Like I said though, I have the Mail app working fine with Exchange 2010, and it does have Autodiscover configured, so maybe it is necessary somehow?

Ahh I didn't see the part about 2003 in your post, I should have read better.

I am almost positive it will not work with Exchange 2003 I think i read that somewhere... is SSL enabled for your sites in IIS for the 2003 box?

Yep. All have SSL using trusted certificates. I've seen a couple of posts on other forums claiming that Exchange 2003 works in the RTM (but it never did in the previews). Why can't Microsoft just say what is and isn't supported somewhere?