windows 8

• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#271 scaramonga

scaramonga

ME!

• 2,462 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:29

You can group your apps, reduce tile sizes and hide stuff you don't use. Its not rocket science :) pin adobe stuff to superbar on desktop side if you need fast access.

Or install a 'third-party' app and get rid of that useless mess altogether, yes. Sorry, but unless your an XBox/WP lover, ;), it's an absolute disaster, hideous to look at, unproductive, bolted on, and certainly not for the PC desktop.

#272 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,702 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:41

I love windows 8 but i think ms could have avoided a lot of flack by just including the start menu. I mean, what was so horrible about keeping it??
well, start8 is still there and many others.

They are making a big change. Sometimes it is time to move forward for better or worse. People complained long long time ago when mice started to get used too.. it is slower to use a mouse that just command line.

i was at best buy last night,and there were dozens of people at the windows 8 computer section,and zero on the apple and android side. In the 15 minutes i was there, they sold 4 windows 8 laptops, 2 windows 8 tablets, and 2 windows 8 desktops,and the rest of the store was pretty much dead.

It will be like this for a few months. It is new, people will want it. Just like when the Samsung G3 came out it was the hot thing a few months ago. When the N10 comes out again.. same thing. over and over.

#273 mrdeezus

mrdeezus

Neowinian

• 281 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 18:29

I have a R.A.T. 5 Mouse (5200 dpi) speed doesn't solve that fact precisely...

Dude how do you call yourself a tech guy? Your sig shows all your gadgets but you refuse to use them or learn anything new and better? Please uninstall everything kthx

#274 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 18:33

Sure you can hide it but have you even looked in the 'all apps' section if you have loads of stuff installed, its ridiculous.

The 'all apps' section is just the old start menu in expanded view.

Or install a 'third-party' app and get rid of that useless mess altogether, yes. Sorry, but unless your an XBox/WP lover, ;), it's an absolute disaster, hideous to look at, unproductive, bolted on, and certainly not for the PC desktop.

Huh. I could have swore I was using a non touch desktop with Win8.

I must be hallucinating.

#275 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• 2,101 posts
  • OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 03 November 2012 - 19:20

Dude how do you call yourself a tech guy? Your sig shows all your gadgets but you refuse to use them or learn anything new and better? Please uninstall everything kthx

Oh, look... a comment that tries to self assure itself while bashing another by its supposed ignorance in the matter, I love it, there, I give you a like to show how much I care about your comment and whatever you think that I may know.

#276 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 19:50

Oh, look... a comment that tries to self assure itself while bashing another by its supposed ignorance in the matter, I love it, there, I give you a like to show how much I care about your comment and whatever you think that I may know.

So rather than address the statement you choose to be sarcastic, and even troll in your system specs area. Good call.

#277 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• 2,101 posts
  • OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean

Posted 03 November 2012 - 19:52

So rather than address the statement you choose to be sarcastic, and even troll in your system specs area. Good call.

My specs are 100% true O_O there is even a photo of it on the "show your workstations" post...

#278 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 19:55

My specs are 100% true O_O there is even a photo of it on the "show your workstations" post...

Read the part on the side uner your Username, Posts, Joined, & Location. The part that says OS where it states (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE).

If you think the Start Screen is unusable then evidently so is the Start Menu...which means you find Windows unusable...that or you're trolling there.

#279 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• 2,101 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 20:58

Read the part on the side uner your Username, Posts, Joined, & Location. The part that says OS where it states (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE).

If you think the Start Screen is unusable then evidently so is the Start Menu...which means you find Windows unusable...that or you're trolling there.

The post that I made sarcasm of mentioned actually my gadgets, located in my signature, I never knew that the description given below my avatar were my specs... no, it's not trolling, it's my very own personal opinion about how and what OS use. Trolling? since when descriptions count as trolling? god's sake...

#280 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 21:03

The post that I made sarcasm of mentioned actually my gadgets, located in my signature, I never knew that the description given below my avatar were my specs... no, it's not trolling, it's my very own personal opinion about how and what OS use. Trolling? since when descriptions count as trolling? god's sake...

The OS you use is part of the system specs...

Stating that something is unusable is not an opinion, but a statement of fact. It's very usable...you just don't like it.

Not liking it, or not liking the way it's meant to be used? That's definitely an opinion, and one I wouldn't fight against since personal preference is just that.

However calling it unusable is you intentionally going out of your way to state something that isn't true to provoke a reaction...

Someone wants to call Win8 a desktop disaster because in their opinion it's hard to use? Cool, that's their opinion.

Someone calling it unusable? Not an opinion and completely false.

#281 Fahim S.

Fahim S.

Neowinian Senior

• 2,963 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4 16GB by LG

Posted 03 November 2012 - 21:07

Stating that something is unusable is not an opinion, but a statement of fact. It's very usable...you just don't like it.

Not liking it, or not liking the way it's meant to be used? That's definitely an opinion, and one I wouldn't fight against since personal preference is just that.

However calling it unusable is you intentionally going out of your way to state something that isn't true to provoke a reaction...

Someone wants to call Win8 a desktop disaster because in their opinion it's hard to use? Cool, that's their opinion.

Yep - the words 'I find it' replaced with 'it is' make all the difference.

'I find it hard to use' vs 'it is hard to use'... people on the interwebs really need to learn the difference.

#282 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• 2,101 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 22:35

The OS you use is part of the system specs...

Someone calling it unusable? Not an opinion and completely false.

I'm seriously not changing my description just because some people see it as trolling, rather... Deal with it.

#283 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 22:40

I'm seriously not changing my description just because some people see it as trolling, rather... Deal with it.

So basically you admit it. Ok...gotta admit I respect your ability to do that.

#284 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• 4,934 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 23:12

hey maybe some of you guys havent realized it yet, but your beloved desktop interface is now a second class citizen. yes its true,most people don't give a **** about a desktop,so either adapt to the new interface,or go use something else. do we really need to hear the same rehashed drivel? im sure Microsoft cares more that they got 4 million upgrades in 4 days than a few desktop crusaders on forums who claim they are tech gurus but cant figure out where the shutdown button is when a 3 year old can do it.

#285 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,295 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 23:15

they are tech gurus but cant figure out where the shutdown button is when a 3 year old can do it.

Video or it didn't happen. By video I mean a 3 year old finding the windows 8 shut down button first try.