bodmas, on 02 November 2012 - 18:05, said:
try the following method. it should surely work:
How to remove a write protection from your USB memory Stick if there is no Write protection ON or OFF button or tab:
1. Shutdown your computer or laptop
2. Insert USB Memory Stick into your laptop or Computer
3. Turn on computer and then immediately start pressing (F8) key then Advanced Boot Options screen will come up (if windows8 then open run, and type msconfig here please click boot tab and select 'safe boot' with minimal option only. click ok and reboot your system.)
4. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt
5. After loading files if your USB Memory Stick drive letter is (G) for example then write as
6. C:\windows\system32>G: and press enter
7. G:\>format G: and press enter
8. If ask you (Y/N) then press Y and press enter
9. Now a full format will start which remove write protection from USB Memory Stick.
or, in this safe mode, use diskpart tool and try format it.
1. command prompt
3. list disk
4. select disk 3 (assuming that your pendrive is disk 3)
6. format fs=ntfs quick
Didn't work.. Everything I do, response is "error, disk is write protected" .. no matter what option I try.